Learning To Script with AutoIt V3

BrettF

Bump for the newbs... :o

I'm working on implementing some basic string manipulation and doing some basic cleaning of the document. At the moment it is getting longer at 73 pages. Certainly the largest document I've ever worked on...

Will update as soon as its proof read and finished :D

Cheers,

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Updated.

Added basic string manipulation. Started work on the Real world test part. I've got a good idea what I want to do, but no motivation (energy) to do at at this point.

So Comments? Suggestions?

Cheers,

Brett

Nice Update Brett,

maybe for the 'real world test' you can use your own UDF's as examples, but

introduce a few mistakes. Then you could let them search for a solution.

So you introduce debugging.

You could also start with a simple example like

$var = DriveGetSerial( "c:\" )

then ask the reader to extend the code to display result on screen

give them a tip (messagebox) so people learn to look in the helpfile.

next ask to extend this programto display the result in hexformat

and so on...

• 2 months later...

Manadar and I have been discussing what to do for it, and I will do a trial as soon as something is good to go...

Hello All,

Newb here wanting to improve my script except I can't get the demos to run. I click on the Run Demo button and get 'Beta Error. Beta could not be found.'

Tried searching on the forum for the error but couldn't find anything, anybody else getting this?

Thanks

Tony.

**DOH. Can this post be deleted please? Wrong forum.**

Edited by spikyoneuk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

@dbzfanatic- I might acutally do a simple notepad, because it does use everything that has been done before in the script. Sounds like a plane (vrrooom) plan :D

I have thought about a CD, but I think we need some more tutorials to shove in there for it to be truely perfect... :D

I will fix the excerices pdf too. The PDF maker I used also skipped some of them in the book marks of the main file too... :S

EDIT: Typo and I almost did the same typo. Hahahahha :D

Thanks dude. :D

[size="4"][font="Arial Narrow"][font="Garamond"]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference[/font][/font][/size][indent][/indent]

• 5 months later...

Updated!

17 Febuary 2010

To celebrate over 10,000 downloads (Over 22 downloads a day!) I have updated the tutorial to include an updated version of the FAQ (including around 10 additional questions) and a section focusing on the InetGet function and their updates.

Download can be found in Post 1.

Cheers and Happy Learning,

Brett

Just downloaded this and did a quick browse through the TOC. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to working my way through everything you have provided so generously.

That's what it is there for. Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an old link to LxP's PDF in my signature that I hadn't thought about in a couple of years until I ran across it on my PC today. I decided to check for updates as people at work are always asking me for help. Imagine my surprise!

Well done Brett! This will make my life easier :mellow:

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

• 2 weeks later...