Learning To Script with AutoIt V3

BrettF

Thanks Spook,

I'll work into adding it, along with some other stuff. Shouldn't be too long!

Cheers,

Brett

EDIT: And thanks for the 1000+ downloads! I'm very happy with that! :)

Edited by BrettF

• 2 weeks later...

No problem guys! I hope it helps. :)

FYI, sometime soon I will be working on some more video tutorials or some other things. I'll see how everything goes :lmao:

Cheers,

Brett

Brett

I just noticed that tou have the section numbers wrong for the answers porti of your exerxises with answers pdf. Your exercises are starting at section 1 and the answers for them are starting at section 2.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Ahhhh.. There's the problem, you've been letting your thingo do the thinking for you again..!!!

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Hey... I'm sure she looked old enough!

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

To the author who made this tutorial, thank you so much bro!! a lot of hardwork you gave in making this.. as a beginner, i really appreciate autoIT masters who share their intellect - that shows, undeserved generosity from you..

may your work encourage more mvp's and autoIT coders to share beneficial tutorials... :P

Brett

I just noticed that tou have the section numbers wrong for the answers porti of your exerxises with answers pdf. Your exercises are starting at section 1 and the answers for them are starting at section 2.

I've just looked again, and the only error I can see is in the questions 6.1 (should be 6.2)

Can you tell me exactly where?

Once I get time I will finish the "putting it to the test" section... School is just too much work!

@All newbies, thanks and keep learning :P

Thanks,

Brett

Suggestion: Perhaps create a section concentrating on string manipulation. It seams to be a frequent subject.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Suggestion: Perhaps create a section concentrating on string manipulation. It seams to be a frequent subject.

Will do once I start getting a better understanding of regular expressions... :P

I'm thinking that some of these requests are getting outside the scope of the existing manual. As I understand it the manual was created as a beginners guide and perhaps a second one "Learning to script with AutoIt V3 (Advanced)" would be in order as a separate project.

George

Basic string manipulation I can cover, but I know what you mean George; I can not be too complicated. The idea of a second tutorial is great, and I will do this some time soon... :P

Cheers,

Brett