MySQL UDFs (without ODBC)

ProgAndy

i have a php code that i want to translate from php to autoit, how would i do this?

$results = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM online_order WHERE status='ordering") or die(mysql_error());

$row = mysql_fetch_array( $results );

$old_item = $row['item'];

$first_name = $row['first_name'];

$old_items = unserialize($old_item);

and display the info in a loop

$old_items is now an array and $first_name is just a varchar with the users name

If anyone is still watching this thread: I would like to know pretty much the same thing, i.e. whether or not there is a possibility to access fields by name instead of index. I would like to do this after using "_MySQL_Fetch_Row"... is there maybe a possibility to access rows as objects?

Edited by level20peon

• 1 year later...

Doesn't MySQL accept UTF16 input?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I don't know which charset AutoIt use to send string but when I try to insert this string

string.PNG

to my MySQL database then it look that way when I explore table using MySQL Administrator

saved.PNG

Please note that my MySQL database table setting is set to utf-8

utf.PNG

@maniootek I have instaled MySQL on my computer and on remote host, I do not have any problem like that.
How you are connecting to MySQL ?
I just check how this is set on my remonte host, and this are exactly the same settings.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I have found function in this UDF called _MySQL_Set_Character_Set() which I added to my script but it still does not save properly polish chars into database.

this is the functions order I use:

_MySQL_InitLibrary()
$conn = _MySQL_Init()
_MySQL_Real_Connect($conn, $dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass, $dbname)
_MySQL_Character_Set_Name($conn) ;return 'latin1', I think this is default
_MySQL_Set_Character_Set($conn, "utf8")
_MySQL_Character_Set_Name($conn) ;return 'utf8' - properly
_MySQL_Real_Query($conn, $query)

Now it look that way in database:

charset.png

any idea?

Added:

One more thing. When I execute mysql query from autoit to read values from database then I can see polish chars normally (with latin1 insert and latin1 select).

Edited by maniootek

On ٧‏/١٢‏/٢٠٠٨ at 11:15 PM, ptrex said:

@ProgAndy

I like anything that smells to SQL !!

Unfortunately you link does not work (for me ?).

Rgds

ptrex

ProgAndy good work :)

What is the difference between using the Windows ODBC libraries and the use of MySQL library

Is there a difference in speed and possibilities

Knowing that MySQL library subsidiary of special software and ODBC libraries subsidiary of developer Windows system

Edited by wolf9228

صرح السماء كان هنا

I don't get it.

@mLipok has polished (pun intended) a nice ADO UDF which works flawlessly. Why insist on using another one which causes issues?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.06.2016 at 10:08 PM, jchd said:

I don't get it.

@mLipok has polished (pun intended) a nice ADO UDF which works flawlessly. Why insist on using another one which causes issues?

I have many scripts based on this UDF and I simply don't want to rewrite huge part of code.

18 minutes ago, maniootek said:

I have many scripts based on this UDF and I simply don't want to rewrite huge part of code.

So as I understand it work before, and now it does not work ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Before I didn't use polish characters.

Let me show you a list of things I've done so far:

1. I have set "Encoding" to "UTF-8" in SciTE

scite_encoding.png

2. I have added these lines into SciTEGlobal.properties file

utf8.auto.check=2 #detect utf8 and do not add BOM
output.code.page=65001 #utf8
code.page=65001 #utf8

3. In MySql server I have set default encoding to utf8/utf8_global_ci for specified table and column

mysql_encoding.PNG

mysql_table.PNG

4. I have set connection charset to utf8 and also send special query "SET NAMES"

_MySQL_InitLibrary()
$conn = _MySQL_Init()
_MySQL_Set_Character_Set($conn, "utf8")
_MySQL_Character_Set_Name($conn) ;return 'utf8' - properly
$query_charset = "SET NAMES 'utf8' COLLATE 'utf8_global_ci'"
$query_insert = "INSERT INTO `tablename`.`columnname` (`test`) VALUES ('aąącćeęlłnńoósśzżzź')"
_MySQL_Real_Query($conn, $query_charset)
_MySQL_Real_Query($conn, $query_insert)

nothing worked.

EDIT:

I HAVE FOUND SOLUTION, PROBLEM IS RESOLVED

I think problem was with the libmysql.dll which simple does not support utf8. I have googled "libmysql.dll utf8" and found this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1597768/delphi-7-personal-mysql-using-libmysql-dll-utf8

I have changed charset in my code from utf8 to cp1250 and now it shows all polish chars.

_MySQL_InitLibrary()
$conn = _MySQL_Init()
_MySQL_Set_Character_Set($conn, "cp1250")
_MySQL_Character_Set_Name($conn)
$query_insert = "INSERT INTO `tablename`.`columnname` (`test`) VALUES ('aąącćeęlłnńoósśzżzź')"
_MySQL_Real_Query($conn, $query_insert)
Edited by maniootek
found solution

Well done.
You are still growing up in my eyes :)
Keep learning.

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

That isn't a perfect solution. I suspect that the problem you experience is due to the fact that you don't pass UTF8 strings to the library. Remember that native AutoIt strings are UTF16-LE encoded. If the library expects str type as parameter, then AutoIt will convert UTF16 to the locale ISO codepage you use.

Try converting UTF16 strings to UTF8 before passing them by means of _WinAPI_WideCharToMultiByte with output codepage = 65001.

I have been testing the stability of using mysqllib.dll & the associated UDF, like this fine one.  However, I have run into a problem for which I don't see an elegant solution.  Specifically, once the connection to the server is lost (I have only tested when I lose internet connection so far), the DLL becomes non-responsive and then crashes the AutoIT script with an exit code of 3221225477.  I will post the simple test below, which is an adaptation of @ProgAndy's test.au3.  I added in a response to a lost connection, including a poll until internet connection is re-established.  

I have tried different versions of the mysqllib.dll, but to no avail.  Also, while there are plenty of posts out there on this issue, I have not found a good work-around.

#include "mysql.au3"
Global $MysqlConn

_MySQL_InitLibrary()
$MysqlConn = _MySQL_Init()
$connected = _MySQL_Real_Connect($MysqlConn,"****","adminuser","****","wellchec", 3306)

While True
    $ping = _MySQL_Ping($MysqlConn)
    ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') :     $ping = ' &     $ping & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console

If $ping=1 Then _reconnectDB($MysqlConn)

$sleepTime = Random(1000,20000,1)
    ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $sleepTime = ' & $sleepTime & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
    Sleep($sleepTime)

WEnd

_MySQL_Close($MysqlConn)
_MySQL_EndLibrary()

Func _reconnectDB($MysqlConn)
    _MySQL_Close($MysqlConn)
    _MySQL_EndLibrary()

Do
        Sleep(1000)
    Until Ping('google.com')

_MySQL_InitLibrary()
    If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, '', "")
    $MysqlConn = _MySQL_Init()

_MySQL_Real_Connect($MysqlConn,"****","adminuser","****","wellchec", 3306)
EndFunc ; _reconnectDB()

Here is the console listing after a run where I disconnect from my wireless network, then reconnect.

>Running:(3.3.14.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Pt.Data\Reports\mysql(20160710010357)\test.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
@@ Debug(19) :  $ping = 0
>Error code: 0
@@ Debug(24) : $sleepTime = 15798
@@ Debug(19) :  $ping = 1
@@ Debug(24) : $sleepTime = 5969
!>09:33:32 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>09:33:32 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 81.51

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. im using your UDF.
With:

; Zugriff
MsgBox(0, '', "Zugriff - alles in ein 2D Array")
$array = _MySQL_Fetch_Result_StringArray($res)
_ArrayDisplay($array)

Can "read" (show) the values on database.... i can use those values and make changes...

So i wanna know how save the changes ?

On 3.08.2016 at 1:19 PM, editcheck said:

So i wanna know how save the changes ?

you should use SQL Query :

INSERT INTO .......

or

UPDATE ....

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, sorry bumping an old thread but is there an way to know the cause of failure in _MySQL_Real_Query function?

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion