AoRaToS

Thanks for your feedback!I won't release the source code yet but I will gladly help if you need anything with your script and I can give some parts of the code if requested...

Javascript_Freek I fixed the tooltip part, It's supossed to NOT show now so it will probably work fine for you now, I had that problem in the past on some computers and I thought I'd fixed it...I've changed the attached file to the corrected one, if anyone has any other problems let me know!

Also, I haven't tried this on Windows Vista so I don't know if it'll work... I've used it on Windows XP Professional SP2 and SP3...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 1 month later...

I have changed the attached file, it's now version 2.4

FIXED

Clears the list from clients that may close the program by not using File -> Exit or their network connection has a problem(Every 5 mins. In the next version it will be in the options to choose)

ADDED:

A handy view of which networks you are connected to, what IP's you have and how many users are connected on each of those networks.

Many more things to be added soon...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

New attachment added: Version 2.5

Corrected bug: #2 from the list above, now all open windows are hidden when you press hide and re-appear when you un-hide!

Awesome script! Looks like you put quite a bit of work into this one... :unsure:

P.S. Happy B-day! :P

Thanks allot my friend!!!

Great day yesterday :D

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

I found a bug with the network view when connected to more than one network, also something I'd forgotten about in the duplicate Username check so now it reacts as it should. Same version number. I just changed the attached file with the errors corrected so GRAB It. Version will only change if I add/improve a few important things.

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

New bug found and corrected.

Bug: When you had open conversation windows and the user you were talking to disconnected, if you "HIDE" those windows wouldn't hide, now they do, works for chat windows also. Same happened if you had the program "HIDDEN" and someone sent you something and disconnected then if you "UNHIDE" you wouldn't get what was sent.:P

Also added a notification when you press disconnect and have open conversation windows, if you press yes the windows will close and you will be disconnected.If you press no the notification will close, the windows will stay open and you won't be disconnected.

I will also add an option to close that notification and have a default action set for it.(Later version)

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

I thought of some bug that probably exists and just tested it, I was right but I don't have the code available at the moment, not until I go home later, so I'll fix it then and update the attachment. Be sure to download it and use that instead of the one you have now cause this bug can make LAN Talk crash, so someone on your network can lead everyone to a LAN Talk crash...

[EDIT]: Also removed the attachment so that noone else gets the bugged version.

Stay tuned for the update...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Ok I have updated the attachment in the first post!!!

It's version 2.6 now.

The Bug was in the Username, I'd forgotten to limit the use of ":" and blanks. Use of ":" in the username would lead to a crash If you sent anything to anyone and to everyone at once if it was a chat message.

Use of blanks in the username wouldn't create any problem but it is annoying some times...

GET IT HERE

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

I have updated the attachment with version 2.7!

Check out the options... I have fixed them a bit, some are still under construction and more are on the way.

In options menu:

1. Start with windows doesn't work yet

2. Username doesn't work yet

3. Auto-refresh time doesn't work yet

The rest do work but still need tweaking and some changes, still haven't decided about all the options...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Version 2.8

1. Effects removed for now, if you want them let me know!All other options fully working. (Start with Windows, Auto connect, Change username, Auto-refresh time)

2. Also added some extra functionality to make the program more aware, so If there is a connection change (network adapter disabled, connection to a new network, IP change etc) any change will be shown. If you are not connected and there is an IP change, the new IP will change in the Connections Box, If a network adapter is disconnected it will be shown there. If those changes happen while you are connected you will be notified. The program checks for changes at every automatic refresh when you are connected.

The best setting for automatic refresh is probably any setting above 10 seconds, you can set it lower but note that for the about 100ms - 500ms that it takes to complete receiving other messages will be paused. I use a 1 minute delay and sometimes 5 minutes.

3. Different compressor used which compresses the .exe further so it's smaller in size. For UPX version please contact me

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3