AoRaToS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a small roadmap of what's to come to s!mpL3 LAN Messenger:

version 2.9.7.8:

- A way to change the port used. As requested by willichan in post #163 and #165. (Not from Preferences, from the .ini file that stores them)

- Changed the Tray Icon Tooltip when connected to show connections differently and also show the port number.

- Fixed a bug where the icon used for the Taskbar and Start Menu would go missing.

- Translation file and the option to choose what language you want to use.

Now is the time to make any suggestions for new features you'd like to see!

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.7.8

1. You can now change the port by editing the Config.ini file. You just need to add a line to it, for example "Port=42343" (without quotes) and restart s!mpL3 LAN Messenger. The new port will be used when you Connect. Delete the line for default port 60000. The Config.ini file is in the s!mpL3 LAN Messenger folder of your AppData folder.

2. Changed the Tray Icon Tooltip when connected to show connections differently and also show the port number.

3. Fixed a bug where the icon used for the Taskbar and Start Menu would go missing.

4. Added "Choose a Language" on first run and an option in Preferences to choose the language you want to use. (Changes the language on the fly) Multiple languages will be supported in the future. Contact me to translate s!mpL3 LAN Messenger to your own language.

5. Changed encryption used to AES. This breaks compatibility with previous versions.

6. Brought back the Maintenance tab in Preferences.

7. Fixed several bugs.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 2 weeks later...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.8.0

1. Fixed a number of bugs related to the TreeView. It will now update correctly in more scenarios that before. For example, if for some reason a client isn't shown while connected and that client changes his Username or Status, the TreeView will now update accordingly and so will any open conversation window with that client.

2. Fixed a bug with the Encryption password being saved when clicking "OK" in the pop up window instead of when clicking "Save" in Preferences as supposed to.

3. When changing the Encryption password and saving the Preferences, if connected, s!mpL3 LAN Messenger will announce itself to the network so other clients appear in the TreeView so no manual "Refresh" is needed after this action.

4. When multiple clients are connected, the "Chat" option will always be added above all clients instead of being further down as it used to be (was usually second).

5. Fixed a bug that could lead to a crash when receiving a message from a client and the TreeView wasn't showing that client.

File Transfer has not been added yet as it is not completed, due to number 5 above I had to release this version.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 6 months later...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.8.1 - [09/09/2014]

1. File Transfers. You can now send files to other connected clients. This works by dragging and dropping the file(s) in a conversation window. Yes, sending multiple files works also! (File Transfers do not work in Chats, only in Conversations)

2. File Transfer Preferences. You can change the location where received files will be saved to by default. If you disable this option, you will be asked where to save a file each time. When someone sends you a file you are asked to accept or decline it, with Auto-Accept enabled you won't be asked and will accept all sent files, if the "Save Location" option is off you will still be asked to choose a location. Auto-Decline will automatically decline all file transfer requests. Close when complete will close the progress window once succesfully finished. Show in taskbar will make File Transfer windows show or not in the taskbar.

3. When "Connect on startup" is enabled, s!mpL3 LAN Messenger will not try to connect if no network adapters are available.

4. Added License Agreement link to About window, instead of clicking the copyright information for it to open.

5. Re-implemented "Restore Default Preferences" button in the Maintenance tab.

6. Fixed several bugs.

7. Made some changes to the communication between clients which breaks compatibility with previous versions.

Please report any bugs so they can be corrected. If you like s!mpL3 LAN Messenger, consider donating from the About window.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.8.3 - [13/09/2014]

1. Changed update process so s!mpL3 LAN Messenger will be downloaded instead of s!mpL3 Updater.

2. s!mpL3 Updater discontinued. It will remain available for older versions to update to the latest.

3. Tweaked file transfers.

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.8.4 - [14/09/2014]

1. Fixed a bug that allowed folders to be sent which is currently not supported and would not work correctly. This now gives an error.

2. Fixed a few bugs related with the "Conversation Taskbar icons" setting that also affected the ability to send files.

3. Fixed incorrect Config.ini that caused some Preferences not to work correctly.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Hello nasef, you should be able to restore it by pressing Ctrl+H, i have chosed to hide the tray icon also. If the hotkey doesn't restore it I will need to look into that further... If you want the tray icon to appear while hidden, I can maybe add an option for that in a future version.

Glad you like it :)

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

thanks for reply ^_^

well , to clarify my idea i hope that:

1-start messenger minimized to system tray at windows startup

2-click on tray icon restore it and another click minimize it again

=====

may I ask about the usefulness of running messenger in hidden mode while nothing show at all no messages no notification?!

Edited by nasef

Hello nasef,

I can add an option to start minimized or minimize to tray when you hide it, then just click the button to restore it, or double click. No problem with that.

The feature is called Boss Key on programs with similar functionality (chat apps), because in many companies using such apps is not allowed, or you wouldn't want someone to see your private conversations, you have the ability to hide it. In a scenario like the above you wouldn't want notifications or windows popping up so those are disabled also. Some other programs even change the tray icon to show as a system one, I chose to hide it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_key

When you restore the messenger all the messages you received while hidden will appear normally.

As I said, I can add an option to "Keep in Tray" so it won't disappear from the tray when you "Hide" and you will be able to restore it by clicking the icon. At the moment, if you double-click the tray icon the Main window will come onto the screen if it was left off screen. (this can happen sometimes if you have it on a second screen and disconnect it or if you change the resolution). I can work around that if needed.

[Edit] Added link

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3