AoRaToS

Glad you like it!!! Any suggestions?

It's not using UPNP detection, it's more simple than that, it doesn't really require it since it's only for LAN networks..

LAN Messenger is not able to do what you describe ;)

At some stage I'd posted on the first post that it's not capable of doing that... Maybe in the future I'll try to implement that feature though...

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Glad you like it!!! Any suggestions?

It's not using UPNP detection, it's more simple than that, it doesn't really require it since it's only for LAN networks..

LAN Messenger is not able to do what you describe ;)

At some stage I'd posted on the first post that it's not capable of doing that... Maybe in the future I'll try to implement that feature though...

Message routing is easy; if you have an issue just look at the code from my P2P UDF: don't mind if you steal and modify it.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.6.7

1. Fixed a bug that prevented contacts from being added to the list just after connecting, should work better now.

2. Added Website link to About GUI.

3. New website has been created, still under construction! News about s!mpL3 apps, code and more will be posted! Updates will be done from there from now on.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Gideon, maybe you should read this >> And considering AoRaToS has stated they won't post the Source Code, they are Free to post here.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Gideon, I'm not getting into the whole source code thing again...

all you need so you can create something like this is the help file, that's how I started, if you search the forum for "LAN Talk" you'll find the early steps of this, now it's allot more complicated but that's how it started...

Here you are:

I don't think that version there works and probably it needs changes to even compile

Here I was asking for something (the wrong way, as most people do when they start off hahah) and that code is newer and better but will still need changes to work with the newer versions of AutoIt

see how UDP functions work

of course that version is pretty old and has issues, but the concept is the same and some functions are mostly the same

thanks guinness

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.6.8

1. A really small change noone can really notice except myself, if you must know, "Changed Agent name" so now when it connects to my website to download the latest version it'll show up as s!mpL3 LAN Messenger $version downloaded the file instead of AutoIt.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger version 2.9.6.9

1. You now have the ability to change the Hotkey, or even disable it!If you disable it you will not be able to "Hide", Start in "hidden mode or Password Lock.

The current Hotkey is shown in Green, if you click "Assign Hotkey" it'll be temporarily de-assigned.

If you click Cancel it'll be re-assigned.

If you select another Hotkey and click OK it'll remain de-assigned and change to Red meaning that it will change if you click Save.

If you select the same Hotkey and click OK it'll remain Green and be re-assigned.

Clicking Cancel instead of Save will discard any changes made.

2. You can now Hide + Lock with a password to prevent unauthorized access, when the assigned Hotkey is pressed a dialog will pop-up so you can input the password.

Choosing an empty password and clicking OK will disable the Password Lock.

3. Restore Defaults has moved to Maintenance Tab.

4. Fixed a bug where some GUI's would not Hide, such as the Encrypt Password GUI.

5. Fixed a few other bugs and added a few helpful ToolTips to some controls.

Please remember that all settings are stored once you click Save, no change is actually done before that, so clicking Cancel on the Settings window will discard all changes made.

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Hi

Just to clarify before i try this, If i installed this on all the computers in an office (over 100), they could all have IM providing the are all on the same network (yes thats a lot of cables and.) Can they do any voice chat. Sorry if you have answered that already but i'm a little busy and dont look forward to reading the entire history of a project. If i get some time i'll read it tonight if no answer is posted.

Edited by KingBeavii

Hello KingBeavii,

It doesn't require installation, it has an introduction the first time though. It should work fine on your network, although I haven't tried it on that many computers, there is someone that has tried it on quite allot, I've tried with 14 and it worked fine!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger does not provide voice chat, only text chat, at least for the moment...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Thanks for the reply...

It was just a queery, I dont think that the office bosses would like it to much if everyone sat all day chatting, but it is good to know that it should work in theory. Maybe in a few years and after a few promotions I could give it a test on a large comercial network for you.

I currently have 5 pc's at home that I may use this on, the voice chat is really not necessary on a home network. however, when functional, Another interesting point, Do you know if this would work on a virtual network, ie Hamatchi.

Nice work and thanks for the reply...

That would be great, too bad it'll take a couple of years! I may try it in an internet cafe some day since where I work we use Macs...

It should work fine on your home network, I have on 6 at my place and it works great!

It's still in progress, I always either add something or fix something that I find which doesn't work as expected!

I've never tried it on a virtual network like Hamachi so I wouldn't know if it works... Maybe someone can try it out and let us know...

Also found a few bugs and will be posting an update in a bit!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Today is a special day for s!mpL3 LAN Messenger...

2 years ago it was first released here for anyone to download and use!

So, 2 years, several versions, many improvements and a few thousand downloads after that first day, I want to thank you all for your support, kind words, bug reports, help, and of course for downloading and using s!mpL3 LAN Messenger!!

In these 2 years quite a few features have been added, my main concern was to add new things but make sure to keep it simple and easy to use, I hope I've succeeded in that..

I've added a Poll, make your choice!

Edited by AoRaToS

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

For the next version I want to add the option to change language! The functionality isn't yet there but it shouldn't be hard to implement and won't take long, but first I'll need a few translations...

Anyone interested to see s!mpL3 LAN Messenger in his/her native language, contact me here or at my email so I can send the language file that needs to be translated!

You'll also be listed as a translator on the s!mpL3 website!

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Try implementing Public key Cryptography (encryption without sharing a symmetric key) to make it secure even if the participants have not shared keys before hand.

Once again, I do believe message routing is essential, because it makes your script soooooooo much more stable and flexible.

I have implement both of those things in MY p2p messenger:

It was designed as an underground network for us highschool students; the admins never noticed our unusual uses for port 80.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search