GoogleHack Search Utility

Ealric

GoogleHack Version 2.1.0

-- Completely skinned the GUI.

-- Added Buttons for all major controls

-- Removed the Title bar and the Menu bar

-- Packaged the GUI into an .exe distribution file.

-- Included all buttons, images, and PSD files.

-- Interface allows movable dragging.

GoogleHack is now completely skinned. The download link is in the first post along with the new screenshot of the app.

Please note the following:

• The .exe file is a "setup distribution file". This means that it will prompt you for where you want to install the application which includes the following:
  • Source .au3 file (yes the source file is still included)
  • All image files used in the app
  • All PSD files used in the app (yes you can use or modify them as you please)
  • All ICO files used in the app

If you've been using the program, just copy your sites and your query files over to the new location and they will be available for use.

One note on the new buttons on the right. I haven't updated the tips for those but they are the following:

• Green Go button is the "Query" button to perform your query.
  • Question Mark takes you to the about menu.
  • Information takes you to the change log.
  • The pen and pad take you to the preferences.
  • The bottom button turns the bottom status bar on or off per click.
  • The red-x is the close button.
  • The red-underscore is the minimize button.

You can drag the interface from any part of the GUI (minus from embedded controls like edit, listviews, buttons, etc.

Note: The download from trashbin sometimes takes awhile to initiate. Just be patient and it will begin within 90 seconds.

As always, I would still appreciate any comments on the app - namely suggestions, improvements, bug reports, etc.

Enjoy.

Edited by Ealric

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem mate - trashbin seems to take a moment once you download to initiate the download. Glad it worked out for you.

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

I'm thinking of creating a pinned feature to the GUI so that when you click it, the GUI is altered and becomes a very small widget type of search box that can sit on top of windows at the bottom of the task bar. Just curious if anyone has any input or feedback concerning this type of feature.

I like it. Needs to have Firefox support before I start using it more often though :)

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

I like it. Needs to have Firefox support before I start using it more often though :)

It supports Firefox - just change the browser settings in the preferences. If there is something else you are talking about, please elaborate.

thanks.

Hrm 55 downloads for the new skinned gui and no extended comments, suggestions, feedback or ratings. Either that's a good thing or a bad thing.

GoogleHack Version 2.2.0

-- Made considerable changes to the way custom queries works.

-- Old Query formated files will be copied to oldQueries and converted to the new format.

-- Queries can now be inserted and all inputs modified. This allows the ability to create default form queries with the all word and phrase fields empty.

-- (Custom Shared) Included a Music Finder query file (Music_Finder.qhf) for finding MP3, WMA, OGG file formats. Just include your title in all words or phrases.

-- (Custom Shared) Included a Stock Quotes query file (Stock_Quotes.qhf) for finding all stock quotes on Yahoo finance. Just include a stock ticker, company name, or type of stock in all words or phrases.

The newest update should be very well liked. It allows you to insert any custom query and then build upon that query at will. I've also inserted two custom query files that I made, one is a music finder and the other is a stock finder. The music finder can do everything that any existing music finder can do but you can also go to advanced options and search by date.

Previous downloads on version 2.1.0 was 81! Thanks for the interest.

Enjoy.

[ Version 2.3.0 ]

-- Created a new Tiny GUI search box that can be pinned anywhere on the desktop.

-- Click the pin button on the main gui to access the tiny gui.

-- Click the unpin button to move the tiny gui and repin it to the area by clicking the pin button.

-- Pinned areas are stored in the ini preferences as x,y locations and will be remembered, even after the app is closed.

-- While in Tiny Gui mode, all boxes from the parent GUI (minus the all words boxes) will be remembered. This gives you an additional ability to used saved queries with the new tiny gui.

-- The Default enter key while typing in the tiny gui is used as the control trigger to submit a query. Queries submitted use the windows set default browser.

-- This allows you to open multiple tabs without opening a new browser instance while in tiny gui mode.

Posted Image

Sorry I work so fast. :)

Two posted versions in the same day! Gotta love it and hate it at the same time. Well, I hope you like the new addition which includes Tiny GUI that allows you to pin a small search box that you can also utilize with your custom queries.

Example: Insert your custom query in the main gui, click the pin button to access tiny gui and the custom query parameters as well as advanced options are "saved" and utilized with tiny gui. So, type in your keywords and they are added "in addition" to your custom query. If you use the stock quotes as an example to test with you'll understand what I mean.

Enjoy it!

Looks good mate, thanks! Trying it out now.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

In the next version, I'm going to be expanding on a couple of the preference options for the main gui. I'm adding an extra preference for browsers to "Use Default" but keeping the other 4 options for IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari in place. The reason why I want to do this is due to browser behavior and functionality with ShellExecute. When using the default browser, ShellExecute will simply open up a URL which will maintain only having one browser window open but utilizing new tabs within that browser. So, no more extra browser windows opening for you if you are using default. However, I want to keep the other options in place because the nice thing about having them is if you want to keep your existing browser (say IE for example) as your default browser but search within Firefox - this still allows you the ability to do that. These preference changes only affect the larger GUI part of the app.

I'm also going to add a chm helpfile so that I don't have to update notes on the site. I will continue to run the changelogs, but only in the text file. The helpfile will be accessible from the ? mark. The i button will be used instead for URL directing to Google's official API on the search operators.

If there are any other changes you want to suggest, please let me know now while I'm working on the new version.

Thanks.

GoogleHack Version 2.3.1

-- Added a preference for "Use Default Browser" which will automatically set the default search browser to your normally used default browser.

-- Using default browser settings will enable just "one" browser when searching and additional tabs will be opened in the one browser window.

-- Added a GoogleHack.chm helpfile that is accessed by clicking the ( ? ) help button on the main GUI interface.

-- The ( i ) information button will now take you to the advanced Google search operators page.

The program is receiving a lot of downloads so I appreciate the fact that people are interested. I would also appreciate any comments, suggestions, input, and a rating on the app and its usage.

Thanks.

I released version 2.3.1 today but the next version release date is up in the air. Any particular features you would like to see me expand on? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Upcoming for Version 3.0 :

I'm going to be adding a third section to GoogleHack which includes everything for Google's Code Search page. With this new addition (still to come) you'll be able to search advanced code snips from any page - cached, compressed, archived, etc. for almost 50 different programming languages. It will take me a solid week to get this next bit in but I wanted to let you know what was up and coming.

*NEW* with GoogleCode

Posted Image

GoogleHack Version 3.0.0

-- Added GoogleCode, another segment to GoogleHack which allows you to search for code within many different programming languages.

-- Added GoogleCode button to the main GH interface.

-- Added a clear button to the GoogleCode interface which will reset all search parameters while in GCM (GoogleCode Mode).

-- Updated Changelog

-- Updated Helpfile

-- Updated PSD files

-- Updated image files

Added GoogleCode which allows you to find any code within any package source on the web. Read the change log and the help file for further information on how to use it.

Enjoy.

Very nice work friend!

You work fast, and produce new versions at a great rate. As long as you keep this up, you will defiantly keep me as a full time user.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

Very nice work friend!

You work fast, and produce new versions at a great rate. As long as you keep this up, you will defiantly keep me as a full time user.

Thanks mate - I'll definitely keep working on it. Searching the web for things is almost a full-time hobby of mine. Whatever I can do to make that process better will be implemented and shared.

I have a couple of fixes and adjustments coming up for the code search functionality. Hopefully, I'll have it completed in the next few days.

GoogleHack Version 3.1.0

-- Added Stocks to the radio menu of GoogleHack which allows for searching of ticker symbols.

-- Added a minimize button to CodeSearch to minimize the interface.

-- Updated tips for CodeSearch, TinySearch, and GoogleHack to display correct information.

Version 3.0.0 had 111 downloads - many thanks to those of you who use it. While I still have not heard a great deal of feedback on this particular application, the fact that I have not received much negative feedback does bode well. I will continue to update this application and make improvements in every area. If you have input or feedback or want to rate my application, please do so.

Version 3.1.0 should push GoogleHack over 500 total combined downloads.

Enjoy.