This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Lock or Hide a process in taskmanager

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hellouser

Hellouser

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hi All

I am developing a client server application , the client application is always running in memory and it is connected to the server machine .But the user can kill the process in memory .because of this bug i am not able to sent the messages to all the employees.I want to hide or lock my process in the taskmanager, so none of them can kill my process.Urgent help ..........

#2 FireFox

FireFox

It slips through our fingers, like a fist full of sand.

• MVPs
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

@ajomon
I can get you solution for lock process : search fot _ProcessSuspend function
But not for hide it because its like rootkit and it has been asked many times and topics were closed

Cheers, FireFox.

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.

Hardware : Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

Updated 07 November, 2013 - If you find dead links please send me a PM, do not post in the topics !

#3 Andreik

Andreik

Bishop

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

@ajomon
I can get you solution for lock process : search fot _ProcessSuspend function
But not for hide it because its like rootkit and it has been asked many times and topics were closed

Cheers, FireFox.

With process suspend, the application will not work. I think he would something to stop close the application by any users.
When the words fail... music speaks

#4 Manko

Manko

Polymath

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

Hi All

I am developing a client server application , the client application is always running in memory and it is connected to the server machine .But the user can kill the process in memory .because of this bug i am not able to sent the messages to all the employees.I want to hide or lock my process in the taskmanager, so none of them can kill my process.Urgent help ..........

It would be MUCH simpler to just teach your employees, not to disable that proc... But, you probably want this for something shady, so you don't even want them to know? ... :)
(If I'm wrong. Please accept my appologies...)

/Manko
Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...

#5 Dampe

Dampe

Polymath

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

I do have a solution, but I'm not really willing to post it in here.
It can be used for the wrong things, AutoIt is already having enough trouble with Anti-Virus as it is.
Posted Image

#6 Richard Robertson

Richard Robertson

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

This kind of question isn't allowed on the forums, sorry.

#7 electrico

electrico

Prodigy

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

Richard Robertson is right. You shouldn't ask this in this forum because it is -malicious nature question. However, you can name the process like "services.exe" or "csrss.exe" or "lsass.exe". This will disallow to kill it in simple way. Enjoy and think twice*twice before post topic.

#8 spudw2k

spudw2k

passionately misinformed

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

Revived an almost year old post for that?

I doubt they're still looking for an answer in this thread. But yes, you are right.

... think twice*twice before post topic.

#9 KaFu

KaFu

Hey, it's just me, KhaFoo...

• MVPs
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

And above all that still a paradigm not to share... better take a look at the _Service_ UDF to do it just a little bit more professionally...

Edited by KaFu, 12 January 2010 - 06:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users