This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Synthing Insect Balls

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sotaru

Sotaru

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:53 PM

Has anyone tried to make a script that will synth more Insect Balls when you run out? You can carry a lot more bait in it's pre-cooked form. You can carry the material for 12stacks of 12bait and only use 4slots in pre-cooked form. Just an Idea. I'm working on it now and was just wondering if anyone else had any luck.

I have my autosort, pause, and rusty item drop working almost flawless ^^ now if i could just fish for more than 4-5 hours at a time it would be awesome....

I'll let you know if i Succeed in my synth bot^^

-Sotaru

Edited by Sotaru, 08 February 2004 - 06:55 PM.

#2 Sotaru

Sotaru

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 01:58 AM

I have been working on a synth bot non stop since my last post and am glad to report success ^^ I can now carry enough bait for my bot to run for at least 12 or more hours if need be. I tend to catch 8 stacks in about 5 hours. So now i can turn it on when i go to sleep and leave it running when i get up to go to class and when i get home i should have around 16 stacks ^^ that translates into 64k gil on Ifrit

-Sotaru

#3 ravenfyre

ravenfyre

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:55 AM

12stacks of 12bait and only use 4slots in pre-cooked form.

That doesn't sound right. 12 stacks of 12 bait should take 12 slots. Ravenfyre is confused :whistle:.

I tend to catch 8 stacks in about 5 hours.

Hmm sounds good, I might start making insect balls myself. With little worms I catch 2 stacks of moats in 5 hours and some other fish aswell but who cares about those lol. I'm a lvl 24 fisherman B).

Edited by ravenfyre, 09 February 2004 - 02:56 AM.

#4 Sotaru

Sotaru

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 03:48 AM

The Recipe for insect balls is:
Earth Crystal + 1xWater + 1x LIttle worm + 1xMillioncorn = 12insect balls

So if you carry a stack of each ingredient you can possibly make 12 stacks of bait

With little worms I catch 2 stacks of moats in 5 hours and some other fish aswell but who cares about those lol. I'm a lvl 24 fisherman

If you fish in w.ronfaure with insect balls the only fish that will bite is moat carp. I'm level 31 ^^

-Sotaru

#5 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:17 PM

Ive thought about this myself, but have written it off as more work than it worth.

With 25 open inventory slots, (30 - Rod and 4 Fishing clothes) you can carry 24 stacks of bait and as long as your script is autosorting and droping everything you dont need you should have no problems.

By adding in synthing of bait to the mix your adding one more thing that can go wrong with the script.

IMO, 24 stack of bait is plenty. Just take some time to re-synth before each session.

Edited by FFXI_Fisherman, 09 February 2004 - 05:17 PM.

#6 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 06:08 PM

Ive thought about this myself, but have written it off as more work than it worth.

With 25 open inventory slots, (30 - Rod and 4 Fishing clothes) you can carry 24 stacks of bait and as long as your script is autosorting and droping everything you dont need you should have no problems.

By adding in synthing of bait to the mix your adding one more thing that can go wrong with the script.

IMO, 24 stack of bait is plenty.  Just take some time to re-synth before each session.

how long does it take for your bot to run out of bait with 24 slots of insect paste?

#7 Sotaru

Sotaru

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 07:13 PM

I also only carry my fishing gear, but i can go through 24 stacks of bait in less than six hours. Since I sleep 8 or more, that translates into lost time. Since my script doesn't go wrong, I don't have a problem ^^

-Sotaru

#8 escrima

escrima

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 07:26 PM

I also only carry my fishing gear, but i can go through 24 stacks of bait in less than six hours. Since I sleep 8 or more, that translates into lost time. Since my script doesn't go wrong, I don't have a problem ^^

-Sotaru

are you using mouse coordinates for the synth? like to pick out the crystal and then ingredients, etc?

#9 saltytaco

saltytaco

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:26 PM

How did you go about writing the script for synth? I have thought about this often but don't know which would be the best approach. Did you find a command to synth with? Or did you use mouse controls to select the items?

#10 FFXI_Fisherman

FFXI_Fisherman

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 10:03 PM

I dont think i have ever run out of bait in an 8 hour run. But I do have my script set up to swtich to a Shrimp Lure when i run out of bait.

#11 Breckenridge

Breckenridge

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 11:12 PM

I've fished for about 10 hours with 24 stacks of bait and still had like 5 stacks left over.
my skill is only 14 right now... so I get a lot of "You didn't catch anything".

#12 Sotaru

Sotaru

Seeker

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:46 AM

my skill is only 14 right now... so I get a lot of "You didn't catch anything".

Your skill does not effect the number of bites you get onel yhte number of successful catches.

are you using mouse coordinates for the synth? like to pick out the crystal and then ingredients, etc?

I use keyboard commands and the getpixel command. first i open the inventory and send the cursur to the top with {LEFT 5} then i jump one page down with {RIGHT}. I use a while loop to move the cursur up one at a time checking for pixels that match the earth crystal. when the crystal is found it opens the synth box and selects the first slot. then it searches for little worms like it did the crystals and so on for the other ingredients.

removed

Note: the CheckPixel() function is one i made in another script

-Sotaru

Edited by Sotaru, 10 February 2004 - 04:52 PM.

#13 Neesnu

Neesnu

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 04:17 PM

We are trying not to post scripts on pubilc fourms, as to not increase the amout of botters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users