Password Manager AKA Passworder

daywalkereg

I had problem that i forget the username and password for every website that i don't log in everyday so i made password manager "Passworder" http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/happy.png

please download and leave comment

The password of the database included is 123

Edited by Jos

1 £0\\/3 |-|3® $0 |\\/|µ(|-|

Looks like a decent little app. The downside, I won't use it. This is one of those areas where security is most important and since I can't see what is really happening with those passwords then it's a no-no.

Like almost any password app, without the source (I'm not asking for that) there is no way of knowing if the passwords are being forwarded to another person or website. I choose to err on the side of caution and I am not in any way suggesting that you are a malicious person, just that I am a cautious one.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Looks like a decent little app. The downside, I won't use it. This is one of those areas where security is most important and since I can't see what is really happening with those passwords then it's a no-no.

Like almost any password app, without the source (I'm not asking for that) there is no way of knowing if the passwords are being forwarded to another person or website. I choose to err on the side of caution and I am not in any way suggesting that you are a malicious person, just that I am a cautious one.

I agree. I've pretty much told myself I'm never using an EXE off of these forums unless it is from a mod/dev/MVP. AutoIt can do way to much damage to a computer =(

Check out the manager in my sig. I've provided the source and all the encryption techniques. Nothing in it is hidden from the user, yet it is still very secure. I suggest you do the same with yours if you want this to be used by anyone and everyone ^_^

I totally agree with you and i myself will not password manager without seeing the source code but i can use it if i block it from the internet of just view what is doing with any app which usually called process watcher or some , so at the get zone alarm and block the program and i am really sad ^_^ that some users don't trust me i have been while making programs with autoit and put them on the forum and no one or nobody ever accused me doing such thing so if you don't trust me do whatever you want , and please who try the program please write is the program try to access the internet or not...

thanks ;)

1 £0\\/3 |-|3® $0 |\\/|µ(|-|

As I pointed out before, it's not that I don't trust you or your code. I'm just being cautious here. I already have my own password storage app anyway but it's only for my use and I know what it's doing. I'm not knocking your app, it looks fine, I just prefer to be safe when it comes to personal data and passwords.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"