ALIBI Run is a replacement for the windows "run-prompt" (the one you open via the Start-menu or by pressing Win+R)
The application is a combined, App-runner, Calculator and information console.
This is my first major project i have ever worked on, and the development have been going on for quite some time. The fact that i've been working with this script so long has some flaws, the major thing is that the code is dirty, and at times not very efficient (due to my lack of knowledge at the time). but I am glad as long as it is functional
The features of the app is
Ability to easily find information such as;
- IP-addresses, both internal and external.
- Gather all the computernames in your LAN.
- Browse other computers in LAN easy.
- Ability to copy the IP-addresses of the LAN-computers for use in other applications like VNC.
- Create your own list of shortcuts!
- This function allows you to create your own list of often used items
- when you enter for example "Paint" the program reads from your custom
- created list and opens "mspaint" instead. this can also be used for
- other programs, like once again... VNC. This is done with the Prefs application supplied in the installation package:
This means that if you enter VNC in the prompt, it executes the path corresponding to that index.
you can use a lot of commands right in the inputbox to gather information.
some of them are;
- IP - Shows your IP-address
- IP2 - Shows IP for a second network adapter
- IP3 - Shows IP for a third network adapter
- IP4 - Shows IP for a fourth network adapter
- IPE - Shows your outgoing (external) IP-address
- IPR - Renews your ip (good if you have an IP conflict or other network issues)
- Name - Shows your computername
- calc: - Make calculations, you can use some included functions such as;
- - The normal operators +,-,*,/ and ^
- - sqrt(#)- Takes the squereroot of a number
- - Sin(#)& aSin(#) - Sine and ArcSine
- - Cos(#)& aCos(#) - Cosine and ArcCosine
- - Tan(#)& aTan(#) - Tangent and ArcTangent
- - PI - 3.14159265358979
- - NA - Avogadros constant - 6.022142*10^23
- - u - Unified atomic mass unit - 1.660539*10^-27
- Google: - Google a string.
- CMD: - Run a command in a command prompt.
- Web: - Use google's i'm feeling lucky function.
- Do you want to run a command without exiting the app? Just press Ctrl when clicking OK/pressing Enter
- You can drag the window by grabbig the text above the inputbox
What's the volume of a sphere with the diameter 8cm?
And you can always copy the information you get by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C
To create a connection to another computer you do;
- Scroll down to Menu-item "Workgroup Computers"
- Select the computer to which you want to establish a connection
- Press Ctrl+Shift+C to copy the remote computers IP to clipboard
- Type VNC in the "open"-input
- Press OK, open VNC, paste your address and your done!
Note! ALIBI Run does not replace the normal Run, so you have to assign a shortcut-key to run it
if you create a desktop-shortcut with a shourcut-key (like Ctrl+Shift+R, this is automatically done by the installer) to start the application, it does not consume any CPU & Memory in the background. as it is started by windows itself.
MrCreatoR - Function "_Execute_Proc()" from his _FileRun UDF
sandin - The Sliding ChildGUI Functions (They are scattered throughout the script), originally taken from his pop-up window from a button
amel27? (i have seen this on many places on the forums) - For the "_NetServerEnum" Function, and the corresponding constants.
If any of you mentioned above do not want your code to be used in this app, please tell.
SETUP INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- Download this file
- Unzipp and run the file
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- At the end, when prompted to create shortcuts select "Create desktop icon" if you want to be able to use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+R
Again, the code is VERY DIRTY, but I am cleaning it up gradually.
run.au3 45.14K 251 downloads
Prefs.au3 13.43K 190 downloads
run.exe 406.4K 150 downloads
Prefs.exe 310.34K 163 downloads
previous downloads ≈ 70
Download the Setup Here (The site is in swedish but the ALIBI parts are in English)
Edited by colafrysen, 09 July 2009 - 08:52 PM.