AMT - Auto-Movie-Thumbnailer [Updated 2022-Nov-26]

KaFu

1.8 > 1.9

• Upgraded Binaries (ImageMagick, MPlayer, MediaInfo)
  • Tweaked internal workflow
  • Switched to save settings to a SQLite database instead of an Ini-File (much faster startup and processing)
  • Fixed Processing of Movie-Files with Unicode Filenames
  • Fixed Display of Unicode Filenames in Screencaps
  • Added option to export all caps separately
  • Added an option to throttle processing speed (default on) to prevent CPU maxing out
  • Enhanced options for Screencap Font selection
Installer & Source is available at

http://www.amt.cc

Enjoy :) ...

• 4 months later...

2.0 > 2.1

• New command-line switches (add n:m files/directories to processing queue, AMT_Run_On_Start, AMT_Start_Minimized)
  • MediaInfo wildcards for filename Prefix & Suffix (e.g. add length, resolution to filename)
  • Added optional output format PNG (to existing JPG format)
  • Added optional "MPlayer Log" Window (to see whats going on under the hood)
  • Added option to customize (translate) the "Info Header" labels ("Filename:", "Duration:"...) on the output
  • Fixed some few minor bugs
  • Updated ImageMagick to 6.8.3-9
  • Updated MediaInfo Dll to 0.7.62
  • Updated MPlayer to r36021
  • Updated SQLite to 3.7.16

Edited by KaFu

• 3 months later...

2.1 > 3.0

• Added optional thumbnail pattern selection by movie duration (instead of the default selection by filesize)
  • Fixed thumbnail pattern definition workflow
  • Added option to pause processing
  • Added more command actions for click on SysTray icon (restore / pause / exit)
  • Made the “Info Header” labels (“Filename:”, “Duration:”…) optional per row
  • Fixed MediaInfo wildcards for filename Prefix & Suffix
  • Fixed several output renaming bugs
  • Plus lots of minor tweaks and bug fixes
  • Updated MediaInfo Dll to 0.7.63
  • Updated MPlayer to r36349
  • Updated SQLite to 3.7.17

• 3 months later...

3.0 > 4.0

• Fixed default video driver bug, prevented AMT to work correct on some graphic cards (-vo now defaults to "directx" for XP and "direct3d" for all newer OS)
  • Fixed - "On Error created an empty ScreenCap replacement" and "Fill missing thumbnails with..." switches did not work correctly
  • Updated - Removed Preview and Log screens from "Settings" tab
  • Updated - Increased font size for "group control" labels
  • Updated - Rearranged controls on "Settings" tab
  • Fixed - Removed trailing "" from $sLogfileLocation, prevented update of log filesize
  • Fixed - "Fill missing thumbnails with blank caps" => "Blank Cap" needs to be resized to match normal thumbnail size (resp. ratio)
  • Updated - Relocated "Reprocess Error Screencaps" back to "Progress" tab
  • Updated - Added icons to some "Settings" buttons
  • Updated - Ran "ZZZ_Calculation_Optimizer_v01.au3" to remove all calculations in control positioning
  • Updated - Win8 - Changed default font quality from 4 to 5 for a clear output ($s_TNC_Thumbnails_Font_Quality_Default)
  • Updated - Added COM error handler
  • Updated - Added "MPlayer functionality test" to "Settings" tab
  • Updated ImageMagick to 6.8.6-7
  • Updated MediaInfo Dll to 0.7.64
  • Updated MPlayer to r36459
  • Updated SQLite to 3.8.0.2

http://www.amt.cc or http://funk.eu/amt/

• 2 months later...

4.0 > 5.0

• Fixed – Movie length / “Duration” error for some files
  • Fixed – MPlayer does not work with too many threads allocated, added a default limit of 4
  • Fixed – Windows Shutdown arguments wrong, triggered a restart not a shutdown
  • Fixed – On Win8 AMT stops rendering if PC is locked and -vo=direct3d > changed default -vo > now XP, Win8 and Win8.1 use default -vo=directx, Win Vista and Win7 -vo=direct3d (to avoid problems with DWM / Aero)
  • Added – Timestamp customization options (see “Thumbnail Preview – Timestamp Generation”)
  • Added – Option to auto-update Folder Treeview
  • Added – Option for variable / timed-screenshoting / to “Make a screenshot every X seconds”
  • Updated – Folder Treeview > added option to cancel refresh when (slow) network folders are included
  • Updated – Better detection of Video and Audio bitrate (see “BitRate_Nominal/String” & “SamplingRate/String”)
  • Updated – Moved “Shutdown when finished” / “Notify when Cylce finished” to “Progress” tab
  • Updated – Removed “AMT-Previewer.exe” and related functions
  • Lots of small bug fixes and style changes
  • Updated MediaInfo Dll to 0.7.65
  • Updated MPlayer to r36541
  • Updated SQLite to 3.8.2

I've encountered a problem with big .ts files are not precessed. Small ones are processed okay:

0-4: Using MediaInfo.dll on file H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0001.ts

---------------------------------------

Processing Started: 2013-12-27, 22:49:42

0: Output File Dimensioning - Filesize: 2048; Amount of Shots: 0; Pictures per Row: 0; Pictures per Column: -9223372036854775806; File: "H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0001.ts"

Result: Failure - File H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0001.ts.jpg was not created. 2013-12-27, 22:49:43

+ _Thumbnail_Creation_Flush_Temp_Files succeed, temp files size = 0

0-4: Using MediaInfo.dll on file H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0002.ts

Processing Started: 2013-12-27, 22:49:44

0: Output File Dimensioning - Filesize: 2048; Amount of Shots: 0; Pictures per Row: 0; Pictures per Column: -9223372036854775806; File: "H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0002.ts"

Result: Failure - File H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0002.ts.jpg was not created. 2013-12-27, 22:49:44

+ _Thumbnail_Creation_Flush_Temp_Files succeed, temp files size = 0

0-4: Using MediaInfo.dll on file H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0003.ts

Processing Started: 2013-12-27, 22:49:44

0: Output File Dimensioning - Filesize: 12.5; Amount of Shots: 30; Pictures per Row: 5; Pictures per Column: 6; File: "H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0003.ts"

Directory C:UsersuserAppDataRoamingAMT_WorkdirAMT_Tempscreenshotscurrent flushed successfully...

"C:Program Files (x86)AMTAMT_Binariesmplayer-svn-36541AMT-MPlayer.exe" -vo directx -slave -vf screenshot -msglevel all=5 -wid 132252 -sws 9 -double -noautosub -osdlevel 0 -nocolorkey -noconsolecontrols -nocache -nocorrect-pts -noslices -framedrop -hardframedrop -nodr -nofontconfig -nomouseinput -nosound -ao null -af volume=-200:0 -lavdopts threads=4 "H:PVRRECORDCharlotte_Rampling_fr_film.pvrdata0003.ts"  =>   Working Dir: C:UsersuserAppDataRoamingAMT_WorkdirAMT_Tempscreenshotscurrent

1: Mplayer "Starting playback..."

1: Mplayer command = pause

pausing_keep seek 1.7 1

pause

pausing_keep get_percent_pos

1: Mplayer command = pausing_keep screenshot

1: File "C:UsersuserAppDataRoamingAMT_WorkdirAMT_Tempscreenshotscurrentshot0001.png" , File created...

Here's a .ts file not processed, so I'll hope you'll be able to reproduce the bug:

http://we.tl/6fkbJDiHce

Edited by Tin2tin

Hi, thanks for reporting. From the log I see somethings going wrong, but the sample you provided worked fine for me.

What are the settings you're using? Variable amount of shots ("Layout" tab)? Did you change anything in the patterns?

Edit #1: From the log I also see that you're not using 8.3 filenames ("Settings" tab). Did you turn that of, or does the drive just not support them?

Edit #2: Also what does happen if you perform an "MPlayer functionality test" on these video files (see "Settings" tab)?

Edited by KaFu

I've rebooted my computer and now it seems to process the files!? Strange, but it now seems to be working.

Would it be possible to use the folder name in the file name tag? (With this pvr structure the files are named data00001.ts, data0002.ts... And those names and separation of the recording is not too meaningful)

BTW. when I save the complete HTML report the .html file only contains a '>' sign - it might be Crome related though. Why does it seem to run through the same file file twice in the preview?

(I don't have the rights for that tv recording - could you remove the image?)

Edited by Tin2tin

I've rebooted my computer and now it seems to process the files!? Strange, but it now seems to be working.

Those not easily reproducible bugs are really annoying, it's clearly visible from the log that something went wrong. Did you reboot your PC before (after installing AMT)?

Would it be possible to use the folder name in the file name tag? (With this pvr structure the files are named data00001.ts, data0002.ts... And those names and separation of the recording is not too meaningful)

Not now, but good idea and I'll put it to the list for the next release (maybe as a wildcard for the "Prefix", something like %Parent_Directory_Name%).

BTW. when I save the complete HTML report the .html file only contains a '>' sign - it might be Crome related though. Why does it seem to run through the same file file twice in the preview?

Just tested that. Don't right-click on the page background to save the html, but on the link provided which says "Right Click => Save Target As..."

(I don't have the rights for that tv recording - could you remove the image?)

Done :)...

Edited by KaFu

I rebooted the computer this morning, after trying to locate the bug during the night. So I guess the advice would be to reboot the computer after installation of AMT(which I didn't do instantly). Thanks for this great software.

I believe we have some AutoIt code for finding sequential files in EyeFrame Converter, so if you want to add subtract data0001.ts, data0002.ts... into the same thumbnailfile, let me know, and I'll try to dig it up.

Hmmm :ermm: , from the first look I would say it's more an MPlayer problem. In recent past I had the feeling that the releases got a little unstable. Maybe give this old one (shipped with AMT v4) a try?

http://funk.eu/mplayer-svn-36459.zip

Extract to "C:Program Files (x86)AMTAMT_Binaries" and set executable path via "Settings" > "Locate Executables".

Edited by KaFu

Hopefully it stays that way :whistle:.

Actually the first cycle you see is the MPlayer seeking and screenshoting, and the second cycle is where AMT resizes the screenshots, adds the timestamps and arranges the single pictures to the final output picture using ImageMagick (you can see that in the output log too).

The geometry of the final picture depends on the movie input size, the "resize" setting on the "Layout" tab and the pattern definition on the same tab. To get something closer to 16:9 maybe increase the number of thumbs per row from the default 5 (for max size) to something like 7 or 8?

Edited by KaFu

• 3 months later...

5.0 > 6.0

• Fixed - Layout > "Prepare variable amount of screenshots" timings and totals were wrong
  • Fixed - Individual frames were not exported correctly (see "Processing Mode")
  • Fixed - Progress Display Update / reduced flickering for labels and log edit controls
  • Fixed - "Block" creation method to overcome ~32k characters limit of command-line input
  • Added - Added option to use "Fixed Filename" for output / use Prefix OR Suffix to define name, one of both MUST be filled
  • Added - "Output Directory" option - create ScreenCaps in "Input File Directory / Sub-Directory of Input File Directory / Parent-Directory of Input File Directory / Dedicated Output File Directory"
  • Added - %Parent_Directory_Name% wildcard to output filename Prefix and Sufix fields
  • Added - Treeview auto-update
  • Added - Several "Processing Mode" indicators to tab "Progress"
  • Added - Combo "Summary/Extended" for log display, enhanced log entries written to log
  • Added - "Settings" > added "Add VO" button to allow setting of custom Video Driver
  • Updated - "Add creation date to footer" switch
  • Updated - "Add MPlayer version to footer" switch
  • Updated - Total tile number = 99x99 = 9.801
  • Updated - Changed "Autoenumerate filename" option to check for file existence first and only to create unique filenames
  • Updated - Improved all log functions and calls
  • Lots of small bug fixes and style changes
  • Updated MPlayer to r37051 - grey screens for certain mpg files fixed
  • Updated MediaInfo Dll to 0.7.68
  • Updated ImageMagick to 6.8.8-10
  • Updated SQLite to 3.8.4.3

• 2 months later...

Hi FaFu

I just signed in to say thank u for this piece of software. It's the best and most comfortable to use i have found for me. Congratz.

Now i would like u to take into account a couple of sugestions that would make it work wonderfully for ppl who use XBMC (as me).

First one: u have an option implemented to shutdown windows when job is done, i use to drag and drop the video file over the AMT icon on windows desktop, to make it work (comfortable and fast!), could u implement an option to quit the program automatically when the job is done as well?

Second one, more important for me. I use AMT to build the XBMC extrathumbs structure, must be jpg images, single capture per file, and the file name must be thumb1, thumb2, etc... With AMT i got as close as thumb_1.jpg, thumb_2.jpg, etc... (almost what i need without using any other software!!). Is it possible to remove the underscore in anyway?

Thanks a lot for AMT

Edited by vicmanpergar

Hi vicmanpergar,

Hi FaFu

it's KaFu :lol: ...

I just signed in to say thank u for this piece of software. It's the best and most comfortable to use i have found for me. Congratz.

Really glad you like it :), also saw your comment and email, did not ignore it, but also did not have time to answer yet as private life and job keeps me quite occupied at the moment.

First one: u have an option implemented to shutdown windows when job is done, i use to drag and drop the video file over the AMT icon on windows desktop, to make it work (comfortable and fast!), could u implement an option to quit the program automatically when the job is done as well?

Consider it done.

Second one, more important for me. I use AMT to build the XBMC extrathumbs structure, must be jpg images, single capture per file, and the file name must be thumb1, thumb2, etc... With AMT i got as close as thumb_1.jpg, thumb_2.jpg, etc... (almost what i need without using any other software!!). Is it possible to remove the underscore in anyway?

Shouldn't be no problem, but I need a little more details on this one. Which are the exact current settings you use to accomplish this? "Fixed Filename" + "Prefix = 'thumb'" + "Add digits to filename"?

Regards

Ops sorry for the Nickname confusion, lol

Wow u were really fast in replying thanks!

In Output Filename, after  a bit of trial and error, found it working and re-enumering with the last option, fixed filename.

I used the prefix=Thumb. I can't find the "Add digits to filename" u are mentioning, but the fact is, with those it creates thumb_1, thumb_2, etc

P.D.: Found Add Digits to filename, but on that field i have it set to Overwrite existing files

Edited by vicmanpergar

• KaFu changed the title to AMT - Auto-Movie-Thumbnailer [Updated 2022-Nov-26]