GUITFLabel UDF

MrCreatoR

This is great, and I'm using it in a script that is making labels with array variables (so that I can clean it up easily), but since it returns an array, it acts weird.

I don't really know how to explain it, but I wrote this example code. I don't know what to do about it, short of just using a normal variable...

To me, it seems like it's create $Label[0] as a variable, and not a variable with an array...

#include-once

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include "GUICtrlCreateTFLabel.au3"
#include <Array.au3>

Global $Label1[3]

$Form1 = GUICreate("asdf", 617, 441, 192, 124)
$Label1[0] = _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel("LABEL!", 56, 80)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Try to show a msgbox with $Label1[0][1] as the text... (click this)" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "I just figured that this should be the format ( $label1[0][1]) since $label1[0] has an array attached to it...", 56, 120)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xffffff)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

_ArrayDisplay($Label1, "$Label1 display")
_ArrayDisplay($Label1[0], "$Label1[0] display")

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

Case $Label2
            MsgBox(0, '', $Label1[0][1])

EndSwitch
WEnd

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.

• Moderators

mistersquirrle,

In your script, you are declaring an array $Label1[3] and then placing the array returned from the UDF into the first element of that array when you use:

$Label1[0] = _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel("LABEL!", 56, 80)

This means that you now have an array within an array! AutoIt does not forbid this, but there is no way to read the internal array without extracting it or specifically addressing it - after all AutoIt cannot be expected to read your mind and know that you have an array as an element of another array. :idiot:

So when you try to examine the content of the arrays here:

_ArrayDisplay($Label1, "$Label1 display")
_ArrayDisplay($Label1[0], "$Label1[0] display")

you get what appears to be an empty array $Label1. This is because AutoIt cannot display the internal array within the [0] element as part of the _ArrayDisplay dialog. But it is there, as you can see fron the second _ArrayDisplay dialog which correctly displays the contents of the internal array when directly it is addressed.

But what you cannot do is use:

MsgBox(0, '', $Label1[0][1])

to try and extract the elements of the internal array directly. The syntax you are using is for a 2D array - not an array within an array. As I explained above you need to extract the internal array like this:

$aTemp = $Label1[0]
MsgBox(0, '', $aTemp[1])

which will then correctly display the ControlID of the UDF created label. :)

Does that explain what you are seeing? Please ask again if not. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Yes, Melba, that's great :)

I didn't really think of that. I knew that it was something like that but I didn't know how to say it or what I should've done.

Thanks for the help, almost every time I've had a problem on these forums, you've been there to help ;) keep up the good work

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.

• 5 months later...

Update!

History version:

v1.4

* Fixed issue when bkcolor parameter was recognized as color. It was causing bugs with correct label color displaying.

* Improved width and height corrections for the output label(s).

+ Added String Compare Example.

Check the first post.

Edited by MrCreatoR

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

• 11 months later...

New version:

v1.5

* UDF renamed to GUITFLabel.au3.

* _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel renamed to _GUICtrlTFLabel_Create, old function names still supported for backward compatibility.

* Fixed few issues with text alignment.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• 1 month later...

Related (transformed) UDF:

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Hi.

Is there a way to evaluate a click on the label.

In GUITFLabel UDF you can check the click by GUIGetMsg.

The other UDF has the disadvantage, that the text is not displayed transparent on a background-image.

In this UDF the Labele looks great, the background is transparent.

Btw, Good work, I like both UDF's :thumbsup:

Sorry for the eventual bad englisch, it was Powered by Google :)

post-42065-0-21814800-1342172007_thumb.p

Edited by Raupi

Hi.

Is there a way to evaluate a click on the label.

In GUITFLabel UDF you can check the click by GUIGetMsg.

The other UDF has the disadvantage, that the text is not displayed transparent on a background-image.

In this UDF the Labele looks great, the backgrount is transparent.

Hi,

The GUIRichLabel UDF does have transparent background, and yes, clicks and mouse event (such as showing different cursors) not supported there yet, but i working on this issue.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Hi,

The GUIRichLabel UDF does have transparent background, and yes, clicks and mouse event (such as showing different cursors) not supported there yet, but i working on this issue.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Ups, sorry. I have posted in the wrong thread >_<

There should be post:

That's what you get, when too many tabs are open. :sweating:

• 10 months later...

How does this work when you attempt to do: Guictrlsetdata($existinglabel, _guictrltflabel_create('<font color="Red">Lovely Text</font>', 0, 0) & "more normal text")

sorry if the syntax is incorrect, but the coloured text will appear at the top of the GUI with the 0,0 markers, not on the $existinglabel.

Does this also work with single item text in a listview control?

Thanks,

Edited by Cybernetic

• 3 months later...