A3 Mouse Odometre!

buzz44

It's gettin' bettter :)

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Just an idea, instead of your current _mousepos function which works out the mouse position twice, how about cahanging it to the code below so it only works it out once, and compares it to the last time. This means there wil be less chance of a gap imbetween while the rest of your script does things.

(I also cleaned up the calculation for $D a little)

Func _MousePos()
   $MousePos_2 = $MousePos_1
   $MousePos_1 = MouseGetPos()
   Sleep(5)
   If $MousePos_2[0] <> $MousePos_1[0] Or $MousePos_2[1] <> $MousePos_1[1] Then 
      $D = Sqrt(($MousePos_2[0] - $MousePos_1[0])^2  + ($MousePos_2[1] - $MousePos_1[1]) ^2)
      _Set()
      _Update()
   EndIf
EndFunc

This should effectively work exactly the same as your version, only a bit smoother. You will however have to declare $MousePos_1 = MouseGetPos () somewhere earlier in the script as well, somewhere before the while loop.

Changed:

Added Griff's idea of "smooth" mouse function and tidyed 'square' function

@Griff yeah i thought there must be a better way of squaring a number then time it by itself lol, i looked inthe help file but did check under "operators"

Added"

Xenogis' Win Active Function, If the any window is active it sets the Transparency to 255 and when idle/non-active back to 80

Thanks for the help Xenogis

See original post or below attachment for lastest version

Edited by burrup

qq

Another idea - Make it so the landmark combo box defaults to the last landmark selected.

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

good thinking, just done it =)

Changed:

If you have a previous verison of A3 Mouse Odometre the new script will delete the old file and replace it with the new one =)

Added:

The Landmark combo box will no have the default option as the last progress window you had opened =)

See original post or below attachment for lastest version

edit:

@Trancexually

yes i was thinking that or atleast mentioning it in the original post that the defualt co-ordinates are (0,0) and the landmark window will appear off screen, i will see what i can do, i think i can make it slide below the main gui ONLY when the Co-ordinates are (0,0) as that will determine if it is infact in the top left of the screen of the screen

Edited by burrup

qq

Major Update:

I think =)

If you have the coordinates set to (0,0) the A3 Mouse Mouse Odometre will appear upside down! As shown below. This will only work if the coordinates are exactly (0,0) so now you can have it in the top left corner =)

Posted Image

See below or original post for latest version

Edited by burrup

qq

seems im doing a lot of "tweaking" and bug fixing lol

Changed:

Transparency bug . fixed

When moving the window around it now appear correct if coords are not (0,0).. i didnt explain that very well but its .*fixed* anyway

Added/Removed some *intrinsic documentation*

Im pretty sure ive gotta all the bugs out of it and meet the requirements of all the users =)..

If you have any updates/suggestions/bugs/requests please post or pm me :)

See below attachment or original first post for latest version

Edited by Burrup

qq

Theres a bug with the other windows when you put an x coordinate besides 0

edit: added a picture

Posted Image

Edited by Xenogis

all of the windows overlap and show up when they are supposed to be hidden

the A3 Mouse Odometre is designed to sit on the left hand side of the screen, when you click the "landmark" button or the "show" button the appropraite window will slide on and off the screen... The windows are NEVER hidden, they just slide to the left when they are not in use, hence the point of it being on the left hand side of the screen. The only time the windows are hidden is when u press the hotkey to hide them

edit: the reason i added the option to move the X axis was because some people may have bigger/smaller monitors or have a differenct screen resolution 600x800. 1024x768 etc

Edited by burrup

qq

just to confirm that the above is not a bug and the A3 Mouse Odometre is designed to be on the left hand side of the screen

Also : There are more landmarks coming! I will be adding 3-5 in the upcoming days, keep posted to make sure you have the latest edition =)

qq

Found a new bug:

Hibernating the PC and turning it back on will give me 9 popups saying I've climbed the Eiffel Tower and actually say that I have climbed it 9 more times in the landmarks bar. I don't a clue why the script gets this error (I looked over the code) and it's a nearly useless observation, but its something to point out :D

Still looks nice though :)

Edited by Trancexually

that is quite odd lol, what do u mean by "hibernation" as in stand by? And are you SURE your mouse isnt magicly moving lol

also, because of the way i have written this, say u have just started this on your current machine for the first time adn your mouse has travelled "0m", if you then go into the registry and change the "value" to 648, close the mouse odomtre and re-open you will get 2 msg boxes saying "your mouse has climbed...eiffel tower", please check the "value" setting in the registry, 324x9 = 2916, also check what the number it says is for "climbed".

The above will happen when i release the new landmarks

eg. Say you hav an old version with just the 3 landmarks and your mouse has travelled 110m, a new landmark i am adding will contain a landmark which is 55m in distance, when you run the new compiled exe it will replace the one you have with itslef but keep the original registry entries to keep your mouse progress, once you run the new exe for the first time you will get again 2 msg boxes saying oyu mouse has climbed it.

This is a way of "keeping new landmarks up to date with your progress" and to do this it must have the msg boxes,

But ofcourse that may not be your problem and i will have to dig deeper =)

to checks its not simply close the mouse odometre and start it again and please tell me the following

> how many times you mouse has climbed the eiffel tower,

> what the current overall total distance your mouse has travelled in metres

> and how many msg boxes you have had saying "congrats" etc etc for the eiffel tower

thankyou

qq

Just noticed another 'bug' and thats when the message box appears saying 'you have climbed the eiffel tower' (I'm assuming for the other ones as well) until you click ok, it stops measuring the distance the mouse is moving... I know this is probably based on how AutoIt works, and I don't personally know how to get around this without creating your own GUI message box, but I think it would be better if it could keep sensing movement even with this window open.

Yes, I believe a Msgbox is the only thing in the whole of AutoIt that doesnt continuoe a script and until it is gone, and I may consider your idea of a GUI msg box.

In the next coming days I am releasing a new version, I've already got my post figured out and written lol. There are more landmarks and it wil be more user friendly in the Co-ordinate section, all you will have to do is Click and Drag =), and it auto aligns itself to (0,0). You will see when I release it. :)

Edit: Just got to finish one more landmark :D, the code is quite big now, over 1400 lines lol.

Edited by Burrup

qq

(56k users beware... some imaging may take a while to load)

Haven't bumped this in a while because Iv'e been working on it on and off and didn't want to release the next update before I finished. But none the less...

Changes:

Some major changes have occurred, which I will go through step by step.

Firstly holding Ctrl+Alt+Z now brings a new settings window, as shown below.

Posted Image

There is now an option to turn On/Off the landmark notifications, also notice how the co-ordinate settings have been removed, which I will now explain.

Due to the trouble some people have had, and the finding of 'bugs', I have now changed the Co-ordinate moving 'style'.

To move the window(s) simply click on the label (shown below) and drag it anywhere up and down the side of the screen.

Posted Image

(Like my Paint work lol.)

3 New Landmarks have been added... making a total of 6. Now your mouse can go even further!

Fixed some minor bugs and some code changes and intrinsic documentation.

See original modified post for the latest version and information, or see below attached file for latest version.

Enjoy!

Edited by Burrup

qq