Streaming MP3 over TCP (With Bass)

monoceres

Here's something quite cool. It's a broadcasting and a client script that can send mp3 data over a lan/internet and play it on the other side.

The scripts are very simple and should be self-explainable. However the client script (radio.au3) REQUIRES a version >3.3.0.0 since a bug has been corrected in autoit since that.

If you want to try it over the internet I'm broadcasting my favorite Chopin piece for a while (maybe 12 hours or so).

To try it connect to: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Playtime's over.

Here's the scripts:

Broadcaster.au3

Radio.au3

bass.dll

Have fun! I commented the sources so it should be quite easy to learn from them :)

Edit:

Just for clarity, bass.dll is only needed on the client side. The broadcaster can manage on its own.

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Well yeah, the broadcast script is just a simple file transfer script that pushes as much binary data as possibly to all sockets that connects to the script. Thus is it super simply to rip the song, just connect and write evrything you get from the connection to a file.

I must say, pro. But the checking version thing was weird for me. Even though my @AutoItVersion is 3.3.0.0, the script still thinks it isn't. But otherwise, it works great!

EDIT: Just noticed that the broadcaster doesn't give the user's IP. This might be helpful for people who don't know their own.

Edited by Minikori

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

I must say, pro. But the checking version thing was weird for me. Even though my @AutoItVersion is 3.3.0.0, the script still thinks it isn't. But otherwise, it works great!

EDIT: Just noticed that the broadcaster doesn't give the user's IP. This might be helpful for people who don't know their own.

Thanks.

The version thing is working correct. 3.3.0.0 still has the bug. You'll need the beta version (it works with 3.3.0.0 but when there are a couple of seconds left of the song it will cut out).

There are a lot of features missing, both from the broadcaster and the client. So for the moment this is just an example with flaws. I was hoping people would build upon it :)

Thanks.

The version thing is working correct. 3.3.0.0 still has the bug. You'll need the beta version (it works with 3.3.0.0 but when there are a couple of seconds left of the song it will cut out).

There are a lot of features missing, both from the broadcaster and the client. So for the moment this is just an example with flaws. I was hoping people would build upon it :)

I just focused more on the code and noticed what you were saying. It makes sense now. But this concept could go a long way. I'd like to watch it do that.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

• 3 months later...

I'm broadcasting on 95.168.110.42 for the next hour.

It's Flare - Zaista.

I've definitely heard worse. I even took the liberty to dump it to the hard drive.

I'm going to counter with a specialized playlist. Comming up in a while.

OK, will be broadcasting this until I wake up tomorrow:

IP =

• Pouges - The Band Played Waltzing Matilda
  • Flogging Molly - The Worst Day Since Yesterday
  • Elvis Presley - Always On My Mind
  • CocoRosie - Warewolf
  • Beethoven - Piano Sonata No. 14 (Moonlight)
  • Theory Of A Deadman - Santa Monica
  • Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
  • Kent - FF
  • Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
  • Frank Sinatra - My Way
  • Flogging Molly - Death Valley Queen
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone
Have fun :) Edited by monoceres

... and that's it from me.

Hope you liked it, and hope we'll meet again.

I've changed IP so don't bother connecting on that one.

Btw, statistic of listener's origin is really interesting. Literally all over the world.

Thanks monoceres for this nice hour I had.

I hope you didn't harvest our IP-addresses for malicious purposes, me having a permanent IP-adress and all ;) (now why did I say that? :) )

You're going down mister. Better delete those pics.

When I'm in I take everything.

*couch couch* what pics? I never had any pics! :)

By the way, I am behind double firewalls (don't ask why), so good luck ;)

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

• 3 months later...

It's been long. Let's do it again.

Considering my mode (I get that once a month, God knows why :mellow: ) I have three special songs to share.

When someone say "love", besides few people and Fonda, Birkin is what I think of.

There are really lots of songs about love. Three here.

For the next hour or two join me on 95.168.123.196 love channel:

• Je t'aime...
  • Purple...
  • Smooth...
What are the names? I bet you don't know. Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Goes really well with hockey.

On andhen.mine.nu we're circulating all around the sun in the aeroplane over the sea.

Unfortunetely the radio doesn't like hostnames so:

'

Is the way to go.

Edited by monoceres