AutoIt is constantly evolving as a programming language. It started as an add-on tool to automate basic tasks in GUI's of other programs, and task automation (such as sending a keystroke or clicking a button) is still at the heart of AutoIt. With the introduction of many new features, however, AutoIt has become a more powerful tool than ever before.
Just a few of the new and updated features include:
- GUI Automation - Create a custom graphical interface for your application.
- COM (Object) functionality fills the gap with WSH languages such as VBScript/JScript.
- Loops, functions and expression parsing.
- An enormous number of functions for handling and manipulating Strings.
- A Perl-compatible regular expression engine using the PCRE library, with native 16bit mode and UCP/UTF support.
- A powerful Recursive File List to Array function
- Easily call Win32 and third-party DLL APIs from within your script.