AutoIt3Wrapper is a wrapper program for AutoIt3/Aut2Exe that can run or compile your script using specific settings. These setting can be saved in an .ini file or defined in your script source by using Compiler Directives.
The Wrapper can update the resource table of the compiled file by setting information like Comment, Description, Legal Copyright and Program version; adding additional icons which can be used within the script; and/or adding text
strings. In addition, the Wrapper can run Au3Check to verify the script before running/compiling and let the user choose to use either the production or Beta version.
AutoIt3Wrapper will use @TempDir for the various files created during the process - this can be changed in the ini file.
AutoIt3Wrapper will perform the following tasks when wrapping Aut2Exe (Compile):
· Read any command line options which are supported by Aut2Exe.
· Read Scriptname.ini if it is available.
· Read and honour any compiler directives within the script
· Run any program(s) defined by Run_Before directive(s)
· Optionally run AU3Check to verify the script. If errors are encountered a dialog asks whether to continue or stop the compile process.
· Optionally run Tidy
· Optionally run Au3Stripper. The Stripped source will then be checked again by AU3Check.
· Compile the script source with Aut2Exe.exe, the return code reported to console.
· Optionally update the program resources with additional icons, strings, and properties
· Optionally run UPX
· Run any program(s) defined by Run_After directive(s).
AutoIt3Wrapper will perform the following tasks for you when wrapping AutoIt3 (Run):
· Optionally run AU3Check to verify the script. If errors are encountered a dialog asks whether to continue or stop
· Run the script source with AutoIt3.exe, return code reported to console.
Default AutoIt3Wrapper options can be set in AutoIt3Wrapper.ini which is stored in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper folder
for the Installer version and ...\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper folder for the portable version. There is an example ini file in the folder to serve as a template:
' This INI sets the Defaults for AutoIt3Wrapper which can be overridden by the Compiler Directives
' Use 1/y for Yes and 0/n for No on options like Run_AU3Check
' See documentation for an explanation on purpose of the fields and their values
' AutoIt section for Aut2Exe and AutoIt3
' Resource update section
The full list of available directives is here