There's nothing here yet
This topic give you access to an AutoIt functions library I maintain which is called PAL, Peter's AutoIt Library. The latest version 1.20 contains 197 functions divided into these topics:
window, desktop and monitor mouse and GUI GUI controls including graphical buttons (jpg, png) logics and mathematics include constants string, xml string and file string dialogues and progress bars data lists: lists, stacks, shift registers and key maps (a.ka. dictionaries) miscellaneous: logging/debugging, process and system info Change log and files section on the PAL website (SourceForge).
A lot of these functions were created in the development of Peace, Peter's Equalizer APO Configuration Extension, which is a user interface for the system-wide audio driver called Equalizer APO.
Internet Explorer is nearly dead, newer versions of Firefox can't any longer be automated using Stilgar's FF UDF.
Hence more and more users (including me) need to look at automating Webbrowsers using WebDriver.
That's why I have started to create a tutorial in the wiki.
It should describe all necessary steps from intallation to usage.
I'm still collecting ideas for the tutorial - that's where you come into play.
What do you expect to see in such a tutorial?
Which browsers should be covered (Firefox, Chrome and Edge are settled)? Any questions for the FAQ? Which (high level) coding examples do you expect (like "How to attach to a running browser instance") ... Like to see your comments
Add "Tools" section and add ChroPath plugin. Done. FAQ: "How to attach to a running browser instance". Done. Explain the difference between iuiautomation, iaccessible, autoit, webdriver. Done. The AutoIt FAQ 40 has been extended. Detailed description of each function. Done Example for "how to deal with downloading". Use function _WD_DownloadFile. Example for "how to deal with popups (alerts, print or save dialog). Use function_WD_AlertRespond to respond to a user prompt. Example for "how to deal with multiple tabs". Use functions _WD_NewTab (create a new tab), _WD_Window (close or switch to a tab) and _WD_Attach (attach to existing tab).
Getting this error :
(22) : ==> Variable used without being declared.: if $vNumber = 0 Then if ^ ERROR
But I'm sure I have defined the variable, as in the top of my script has
Global $vNumber = 0
How would I go about fixing this?
This is my very first post in this forum and am also new with Autoit programming so be easy on me.
Below is the code that I am trying to get the index of the item selected. No problem getting the text.
Case $listEdition ; handle of the list local $index=0 $item=GUICTRLRead($listEdition) ; This will return the text in the list ; ============== The loop below always fails ================== ; Meaning _GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($listEdition, $i) always return FALSE. WHY ??????? For $i = 0 To $editionArray - 1 ; The content of the list in an array where editionArray contains total count of items If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($listEdition, $i) Then $index = $i exitloop EndIf Next ;=================================================== ConsoleWrite( "Select Edition: " & $item & " index: " & $index & @CR) ....... Please look at the comments in the code & the pix attached.
_GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($listEdition, $i) always returns FALSE.
Another problem is on the list. It also populate the total count of items from the Array. How can I skip this item from populating to the list ?.
Please advise and thanks
Hi AutoIT masters,
Good day! Sorry to have bothered this forum but we really need help. We are working on an automation project that is running on VDI server. The BOTS are in .exe are running fine until AV detected them and deleted the files. The files were re-compiled and AV kept on deleting them. The copy of the .exe BOT deleted were sent to Symantec for whitelisting. After whitelisting, it is no longer deleted but no longer working as designed (showing Line script error). We checked the scripts and there were no issues since we run it using SciTE editor and it performed the desired task. Good thing we found on this thread the solution using .a3x and the BOTS worked fine and no longer deleted. Now, the problem is they are asking why the BOTS won't run in .EXE and what is the reason behind Symantec AV deleting them. We raised a case with Symantec but they cannot provide further information as they are always seeing the file as "False Positive". We even tested with Symantec turned off and those .EXE files are working fine, however, after re-enabling, it got deleted.
Just seeking help on how to better convince them that it is really Symantec causing the issue and the .a3x file.