All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Actually i dont want to create a direct copy of files in same location. let me explain you the scenario.. I have 2 text file open with file1.txt, file2.txt name (different location as mentioned before). I'm automatically closing if there is no interaction with notepad. Before closing, i would like to create a copy of both files (unsaved/modified) in their respective folders.
  3. mmm... strange. Can you add the directive to run au3stripper so we can see whether the scriptfile is actually read or it simply gets an empty file? Jos
  4. Thank you, Chimpp! I did not register this forum for a long time, read a limited number of posts, did not pay attention to the forum already has such a convenient tool. Thank you very much for taking note of this post and recommending similar excellent tools
  5. @Jos I downloaded the latest version and updated SciTE, here is the full output for the same script: >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "W:\Test.au3" /UserParams +>16:25:21 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.19.102.1901.0 SciTE v.4.1.2.0 Keyboard:00004009 OS:WIN_10/ CPU:X64 OS:X64 Environment(Language:0409) CodePage:0 utf8.auto.check:4 +> SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE UserDir => C:\Users\John Doe\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\John Doe\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 input:W:\Test.au3 +>16:25:22 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "W:\Test.au3" +>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop +>16:25:22 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>16:25:22 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 2.001 The only new thing which I have noticed is the "Setting Hotkeys" message.
  6. ConsoleWrite(_GenerateCopyFilename("C:\Windows\User1\file1.txt") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_GenerateCopyFilename("C:\Users\User2\file2.txt") & @CRLF) Func _GenerateCopyFilename($sFilename) $ipos = StringInStr($sFilename, ".", 0, -1) Return StringLeft($sFilename, $ipos - 1) & "_copy." & StringTrimLeft($sFilename, $ipos) EndFunc ;==>_GenerateCopyFilename
  7. Moved to the appropriate forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states: Moderation Team
  8. Today
  9. TekWeis, I know that, and never said that it did. But it is a good example of a thread where the script, although looking for multiple keys being pressed, does not break the forum rules as set out in the announcement to which I linked - which is why I made the point of mentioning it. M23
  10. @Cooler Post the summary of the AutoItWindowInfo Tool
  11. Currently I'm taking instance from the spy tool manually and updating in the script everytime. Every new launch of the software, the Button instance is changing. Button "4" is changing. Local $pPos = ControlGetHandle("XYZ Composer","","BCGPTabWnd:40000000:8:10003:10:"&"1"); properties class Local $hWnd = WinWait("XYZ Composer", "", 10) ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Properties") Sleep ( 500) ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Properties") Local $ePos = ControlGetPos("XYZ Composer","","Button"& "4") MouseMove( $ePos[0], $ePos[1], 10) MouseMove( $p, $q, 10) MouseClick( "LEFT", $p, $q, 2, 10)
  12. Perfect. thanks. Just 1 more question, is it possible to make background color of images transparent instead of black with _GUIImageList_SetBkColor or something else?
  13. Post what you tried so far, then we'll help you with that.
  14. How to get instance of a specific Button, in which the button's instance is keep changing on every time while launching the software. Its not only changing in the single system on every new launch. It also varies from one computer to another. Button name is same, but its instance is changing. How to get instance of a certain button. Tell any suggestions or example scripts regarding this issues friends!
  15. @mikell, Thanks and that would be a great idea and it's fine, but how can I add these words back in the XML tags at the same place where they were replaced/removed from the string and they don't need to be in the element same as below.😅 The words "and", "In:" and "Eds." should be putted back to where they should be and no need to be tagged in element.
  16. Hello Everyone! Would request your help on how to saveas a file in its previous location. Lets say file 1 path : C:\Windows\User1\file1.txt file 2 path : C:\Users\User2\file2.txt I have written a script that will saveas both file and save in the same location (lets say desktop). How can i modify the script so that the files will be saved as file 1 : C:\Windows\User1\file1_copy.txt file 2 : C:\Users\User2\file2_copy.txt. Thanks in advance
  17. Could you try running it with the latest production version of SciTE4AutoIt3 (v19.102.1901.0) so we can check whether the command is reshelled ( like happens with UAC). The latest version will still show the console messages of the new PID? Jos
  18. You could try this visual tool to get "selectors" of DOM objects: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/195777-ie-dom-elements-visual-selector-tool/ The selectors obtained by this tool can be used in this WebDriver UDF. Example: suppose you store in the variable $sMyCssSelector the string of the CSS selector retrieved with the above visual tool, you can then use that variable in the _WD_FindElement function() in this way: $RefElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, $sMyCssSelector)
  19. As I see the things becoming gradually more and more complicated with extra words emerging, The best way I can think of is to first carefully remove all these useless extra words from the initial string, so the code will not be overcomplicated and the reliability will be greatly improved ; delete "and" in names, (Eds.), In: ... to be probably continued $str = StringRegExpReplace($str, '((?<=,\h)and(?=\h[A-Z])|\(Eds.\)|(?<=\.\h)In:)\h?', "")
  20. What do you get when you run this script? #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #include <OutlookEx.au3> _OL_ErrorNotify(2) Global $oOL = _OL_Open() Global $oNamespace = $oOL.GetNamespace("MAPI") Global $sCurrentUser = $oNameSpace.CurrentUser.Name MsgBox(0, "Result", $sCurrentUser)
  21. Yes that is correct. The issue seems to be only limited to the part where AutoIt actually performs the execution of the script... 😕
  22. My Outlook is 32bits and my Windows is 64bits. I also tried : $sCurrentUser = $oNameSpace.CurrentUser.Name I am not able to get the script working.
  23. @FrancescoDiMuro, yes, I tried that doing "(\(Eds\.)\)" to match the expression but this word should not be tag in XML, it's the same with "et al.,".😅 same as below.
  24. Sorry, just to clarify, running the AutoIt exe does show the file select window, but no script execution is observed? Or do you not get the file select window either?
  25. @spudw2k I have tried this as well, the same result happens as if I provide the script path as a parameter.
  26. Hmmm, what a mystery. If you just run AutoIt.exe from a command line without the script path as a parameter, does it open the file select window to choose the script file...and subsequently selecting it, does the script execute?
  1. Load more activity