All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Buttons on GUI to perform different tasks. SETUP is a task that involves displaying another GUI, doing calculations, writing lines to 2 external files, displaying information on GUI labels. The info from the displayed GUI (quantity made and job completed YES or NO) must be included on the written lines. I cannot get the script to run synchronously (waterfall execution 1st one ends before 2nd one starts.) That means lines written to the files do not contain the required data. I have read through FORUM and thought by inserting a boolean value and changing TRUE FALSE that I could solve this issue. I would have to set/reset the boolean before every function call to make it work. I've tried using Sleep but that just slows everything down and makes main GUI look unresponsive Is there a trick or tip someone can provide that forces synchronous execution? I am using OPT GUIOnEventMode Thank you for any insight into this issue.
  3. Is it possible to get autoit to stop or error out on every minor warning or error? Like lets say it can't access a file.. instead of just continuing, forcing a quit or a warning? I want to debug my program and when I initially wrote my massive and bloated program I didn't include much in the way of error catching.. Is there a trigger of some sort that I can add so it runs in 'stop on EVERY error or failure mode'?
  4. Today
  5. In my Tree View class is ' Modeled Tree View' and i tried functoin like Control Tree View in below code but none of them is able to expand the tree view. I am coding in java using AutoITX jar. Kindly help getAutoItX().winWaitActive("proddb - BigFix Development Environment","",10); getAutoItX().controlTreeViewExpand("","","[Class:ModeledTreeView]","BitLocker"); getAutoItX().controlTreeViewExpand("","","[ID:ListViewSubItem-0]",""); getAutoItX().controlClick("","BitLocker","","",2); getAutoItX().controlClick("","","ListViewSubItem-0","",2); // getAutoItX().controlCommandShowDropdown("","","[Name:BitLocker]");
  6. 7Z has the option to create a real zip file. So it would only be a small change in your automated process. This would make the installation of an additional program superfluous. Not everybody has '7Z' installed.
  7. Exit, Because the process of creating 7z-files (selecting files, setting timestamp on updated files, generating the 7z-file and keeping track of updates) is automated. philkryder, You can download a version of UIASpy that works on all Windows 10 versions in this post. IanN1990, There is probably another control in a child window, also named Next. And this is the control you have identified. Because the control does not belong to $oWindow1, the creation of the $oButton1 object fails. In the pictures you can see that the button is a direct child of the top window, so I think you can just replace TreeScope_Descendants with TreeScope_Children, so that FindFirst() only searches for direct children.
  8. Take a look at the DemoActions function in wd_demo.au3 for an example of moving the mouse pointer to an element. As far as giving an element focus, just setting its value with _WD_ElementAction should be enough. You could send it a click with _WD_ElementAction as well.
  9. Without using Execute StringRegExpReplace($sText1, '\G\h|\h(?=\h*$)' ,"*")
  10. If he needs the fastest solution, I wouldn't recommend using this function, because it will reopen the dll for each window. Since it is really just a one liner, I would suggest to open the dll before the loop and using the dll handle afterward.
  11. Dear Bert, This coding is very important to me. I have a few more data retrieval procedures. Please ask for help. 🙏
  12. Redundant alternations in the expression are useless. Try this one : $res = StringRegExp($str, '(*UCP)(?x) (?| ' & _ ' ([[:alpha:]]+)\h([A-Z][^,]+),\h? ' & _ ; names, Eds ' | ([[a-z\h.]+),\h? ' & _ ; et al ' | \((\d+)\)\.?\h? ' & _ ; year ' | ([A-Z][^.]+.\h) ' & _ ; ChapterTitle, PubLoc, Name ' | (\d+[\(\);.-]) ' & _ ; vol, issue, pages ' | (?:https?://)?(\w+\S+)$) ' , 3) ; url along with a little more restrictive condition here : While StringRegExp($res[$i], '^[A-Z]\S*$') ;<<<<<<<<< $s &= '<editor>' & '<givenNames>' & $res[$i] & '</givenNames>, ' & _ '<familyName>' & $res[$i+1] & '</familyName>' & '</editor>, ' & @crlf $i += 2 Wend
  13. AutoIt has the _WinAPI_ShowWindow function, which looks like it could easily be used to use ShowWindowAsync instead if needed by modifying the UDF.
  14. Maybe this. Untested but it looks like it would be way faster this way... Edit : tested and it works great on a few windows !
  15. You're using an older version of the Excel.au3 UDF, you should update AutoIt to the latest stable version instead of modifying the one you have.
  16. Because it doesn't work that way. The line you're running in the first example is a single line of code not in a script file. The second example won't run because it's looking for a file, not a line of code. Why don't you just stop thinking in this train of thought, and come up with another way of doing whatever it is you're trying to do. It won't work the way you want it to, and it's never going to be any clearer than that.
  17. GroupAdd is just an array or list of windows added to a group as far as I can tell from reading its description. It's faster because it's being run internally in AHK and you have to run it externally in AutoIt (externally meaning interpreted code). There's nothing similar in AutoIt. Feel free to open a tracker ticket to ask to have something similar added though.
  18. When using the code below #include <Array.au3> $winstuff =WinList("[CLASS:VTWin32]") for $loopme = 1 to ubound($winstuff) -1 WinSetState ( $winstuff[$loopme][0],"",@SW_MAXIMIZE) WinSetState ( $winstuff[$loopme][0],"",@SW_MINIMIZE) next It goes through each window found that matches the criteria and then does the maximize and minimize. So the process is extremely slow as it is doing one window at a time. I'm looking for a way to bulk maximize and minimize over 30 screen at the same time Hope that help explain it
  19. Sorry but i don't see this as the answer to the other question? You told me, that the sourcecode is included in the compiled .exe file, so why can't i just take the code from the ram and directly execute it with the Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(4096, ''Hello World!'', ''Hi!'')"') or Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "MsgBox(4096, ''Hello World!'', ''Hi!'')"') Sorry if i'm the dumb person here, but i dont see an answer regarding to this question. This is no thread attempt and all the co process UDF's work like this, only that they are hardcoding this text - and i would like to create it more flexible. And sorry if you really did answer this question, as unfortunately I'm unable to recognise it. - "CreateThread" is not the question anymore, I'm now looking for another solution, thanks to your' explanations.
  20. This is my right of passage. I was not "Seeing" the error because I had been squeezing the log window down to a single line and all I saw was +>09:09:28 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. Once I saw the error and posted it I also googled it and guess what.. DOH!!! Two little lines. Local $oWindow = $oExcel.Windows($oWorkbook.Name) ; <== Modified     If IsObj($oWindow) Then $oWindow.Visible = $bVisible ; <== Modified Made the update to excel.au3 and badda bing, we are off to the races. Thanks for showing an interest in my plight and thanks to each of you offering your help in your own special way.. It really did make me dig in want to learn how to perfect my own code..
  1. Load more activity