Need some guidance

Hi,

As you all know that I'm a newbie at this. So I got a few questions to ask you expert.

1. Where can I start in learning the proper syntax of these functions, libraries, codings, etc...?

2. Are there such program where you point and click and it records your actions? Just like AutoIT but it's more visual oriented rather than writing codes?

By the way, I've looked at the Online Documents and it has a lot of functions as well as libraries, but not enough examples that I can learn and apply.

Much appreciated.

Hi,

As you all know that I'm a newbie at this. So I got a few questions to ask you expert.

1. Where can I start in learning the proper syntax of these functions, libraries, codings, etc...?

2. Are there such program where you point and click and it records your actions? Just like AutoIT but it's more visual oriented rather than writing codes?

By the way, I've looked at the Online Documents and it has a lot of functions as well as libraries, but not enough examples that I can learn and apply.

Much appreciated.

If you haven't installed Autoit then you should, and the I think the help file will get you started with explanations and examples.

The search option on this forum lets you find the answer to most questions.

There are a few ways to automatically record actions without writing much script. Search for AU3Recorder.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Download AutoIt and editor Scite4Autoit3

Open Autoit helpfile "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit.chm" and go to sections:

- Using AutoIt

- Tutorials

- Language reference

In helpfile are also examples for each function in section "Function reference"

As about recording macros see in Scite menu Tools where you find:

- AU3Recorder

- AutoitMacroGenerator

Have fun with Autoit ... :shocked:

What I personally did was move from ACTools to AU3, and it's wonders better. It can handle GUIs, which was a godsend at the time. Like the people above me said, just read the guide in the help file.

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite

Download AutoIt and editor Scite4Autoit3

Open Autoit helpfile "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit.chm" and go to sections:

- Using AutoIt

- Tutorials

- Language reference

In helpfile are also examples for each function in section "Function reference"

As about recording macros see in Scite menu Tools where you find:

- AU3Recorder

- AutoitMacroGenerator

Have fun with Autoit ... :shocked:

Hi,

Maybe I'm blind and i need some light, but I downloaded the Scite4autoIT3 and its update. When I click Start/Programs/AutoIT v3/ScitE Script Editor then go to the Option menu as many of you said that's where Au3recorder is located, the only thing that appears in are everything else BUT Au3Recorder, pressing Alt+F6 doesn't do anything either.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks again.