Registry Tool

kpu

Here's something that may help someone. We run into situations at work where we need to change a registry key under a current user's profile using Zenworks. You can't change the current users key using "HKCU" since it will do it under the systems profile. Since that was the case I came up with the following.

;--------------------------------------Variables-------------------------------------------
#include <file.au3>
$i = 0
$regkey = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\"
$regkeyval = "ProfileImagePath" 
$user = "Kane"
;------------------------------------------CODE--------------------------------------------
Do
    $val = RegEnumkey($regkey,$i)
    $sid = RegRead ( $regkey & $val, $regkeyval)
    $i = $i + 1
    If @error = 1 Then ExitLoop
Until $sid = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\" & $user

;Msgbox(0,"Found User Profile","Found it at SID:" & $val & @CR & "Key is:" & $sid)

If $sid = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\" & $user  Then
; Below is some examples of what you could change
;RegWrite('HKEY_USERS\' & $sid & '\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics',"ScrollHeight", "REG_SZ", "-225")
;RegWrite('HKEY_USERS\' & $sid & '\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics',"ScrollWidth", "REG_SZ", "-225")    

;MsgBox(64,"Success","Everything Worked Well")
Else
;Msgbox(16,"Not Good","I don't want to change the keys")
EndIf

If someone knows of an easier way, please post it. Some other ideas is using the INI fuction of AutoIt to set what keys it will change or what username to look for.

I Hope this comes in handy for someone.