GUIBuilder

livewire

This basenote will hold the most recent version of GUIBuilder, originally created by CyberSlug. All constructive feedback welcome.

Extract this to your Scite GUIBuilder directory (ex. "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Scite\GUIBuilder") if you like.

Thanks,

Livewire

***Note: Latest AutoIt beta version recommended for use.

Update History:

==================================================

GUIBuilder_9.4:

- Disabled Label control's FontColor, FontName, and Color buttons since

they are not implemented yet.

GUIBuilder_9.3:

- Added "Hint" and "ShowHint" functionality

- Added some extended properties for Edit control

- Added some extended properties for Input control

- Modified extended properties functionality (no more right click -> Properties)

GUIBuilder_9.2:

- Added "Hidden" properties for button and checkbox

- Added "Flat" property to Checkbox

- Updated "Picture" functionality to Checkbox (Can have picture w/ Checkbox not just picture button)

- Added extended properties for Radio control

- Added extended properties for Group control

- Added version in About Box

- misc updates

GUIBuilder_9.1:

- added command-line .agd file opening (just associate *.agd files with GUIBuilder) (Open-With -> GUIBuilder)

- added GUIBuilder.ini file (remembers last visited directory and Grid Ticks)

- added extended properties (Font, Color, Enabled, etc) for "Checkbox" control

- misc updates

GUIBuilder_9:

- updated menu (File,Open,Edit,Save,etc...)

- added right-click functionality (copy,paste,delete,properties)

- added extended properties (Font, Color, Enabled, etc) ***currently for "Button" control only***...the rest coming soon

- other misc updates

GUIBuilder_8:

- updated grid refreshing (check it out in Settings->SetGridTicks)

- GUIBuilder output (removed Exit and GUICreate style options)

- also other misc stuff.

GUIBuilder_9.4.zip

Edited by livewire

• 2 weeks later...

;):P

I get this errors when i tyr to compile the script

D:\Profil\AutoIt3 scripts\GUIBuilder_9[1].1\GuiBuilder.au3(3860,105) : ERROR: GUICtrlCreateMonthCal(): undefined function.
            $returnValue = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal("MonthCal" & ($numCtrls + $num_of_deletes), $p[0], $p[1], $w, $h)
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~^
D:\Profil\AutoIt3 scripts\GUIBuilder_9[1].1\GuiBuilder.au3(4351,36) : ERROR: DllStructCreate(): undefined function.
    Local $p = DllStructCreate($struct)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
D:\Profil\AutoIt3 scripts\GUIBuilder_9[1].1\GuiBuilder.au3(4360,21) : ERROR: DllStructDelete(): undefined function.
        DllStructDelete($p)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
D:\Profil\AutoIt3 scripts\GUIBuilder_9[1].1\GuiBuilder.au3(4370,45) : ERROR: DllStructGetSize(): undefined function.
    DllStructSetData($p, 1, DllStructGetSize($p)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
D:\Profil\AutoIt3 scripts\GUIBuilder_9[1].1\GuiBuilder.au3(4370,46) : ERROR: DllStructSetData(): undefined function.
    DllStructSetData($p, 1, DllStructGetSize($p))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
D:\Profil\AutoIt3 scripts\GUIBuilder_9[1].1\GuiBuilder.au3(4373,45) : ERROR: DllStructGetPtr(): undefined function.
    DllStructSetData($p, 5, DllStructGetPtr($cc)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
D:\Profil\AutoIt3 scripts\GUIBuilder_9[1].1\GuiBuilder.au3(4384,46) : ERROR: DllStructGetData(): undefined function.
    Local $color_picked = DllStructGetData($p, 4)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
D:\Profil\AutoIt3 scripts\GUIBuilder_9[1].1\GuiBuilder.au3 - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

My Autoit ver. is 31175, am i missing somthing in my autoit or ?

The only thing i have changede is that i'd put in a hotkey for properties (ctrl+p)

Make sure that you are "running" the correct version of AutoIt.

Even though you downloaded the beta, it still gives you the option of running the stable version. If you are using Scite, go to Tools -> Beta Run. Otherwise, make sure that you are "pointing to" or selecting the right executable for AutoIt ("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\AutoIt3.exe").

For compiling, make sure you use: "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe"

-Livewire

Edited by livewire

• Developers

You are not running the latest version of Au3check and definition files.

Did you update your SciTE4AutoIT3 installation ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You are not running the latest version of Au3check and definition files.

Did you update your SciTE4AutoIT3 installation ?

Yeps i have downloaded the latest installer (24-09-2005) (and installede it ;) )

Nice app:

1. Weird issue when resizing group boxes, keeps snapping to a small size when using handles to adjust group box size.

2. Would like option to lock group box & also lock controls with group box.

* Will add more as I find em / think of em.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

Nice app:

1. Weird issue when resizing group boxes, keeps snapping to a small size when using handles to adjust group box size.

2. Would like option to lock group box & also lock controls with group box.

* Will add more as I find em / think of em.

1. Left, Bottom, and Right sides of the rectangle are the only sides that "snap". The top side doesn't. Is this working correctly for you?

2. What do you mean by "lock"? (GUICtrlSetState @SW_LOCK)?

-Livewire

1. Left, Bottom, and Right sides of the rectangle are the only sides that "snap". The top side doesn't. Is this working correctly for you?

2. What do you mean by "lock"? (GUICtrlSetState @SW_LOCK)?

-Livewire

1. The snapping is working but If I try to resize the group box it instantly resizes to it's smallest form I believe this to be only occuring when controls are over top ( within ) the group control causing issues.

2. By lock I mean lock all controls ( say input box / labels etc ) to a group box or to the position where you want them to remain. I thought this a basic feature.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

1. The snapping is working but If I try to resize the group box it instantly resizes to it's smallest form I believe this to be only occuring when controls are over top ( within ) the group control causing issues.

2. By lock I mean lock all controls ( say input box / labels etc ) to a group box or to the position where you want them to remain. I thought this a basic feature.

1. I know what you mean, but I can't reproduce that scenario...it's working fine for me...I'll have to test more.

2. You want to not be able to move the locked controls? Or you want it so that when you move the group box, the controls locked move also??? There's many definitions for lock, try explaining again without using the word lock.

-Livewire

1. I know what you mean, but I can't reproduce that scenario...it's working fine for me...I'll have to test more.

2. You want to not be able to move the locked controls? Or you want it so that when you move the group box, the controls locked move also??? There's many definitions for lock, try explaining again without using the word lock.

-Livewire

2. Both, the ability to lock the group together and also the ability to lock the group within the parent box wherever you place it.

New GUIBuilder version 9.2!

Let me know of any significant bugs...thorough error detection to come in the future.

GUIBuilder_9.2 info:

- Added "Hidden" properties for button and checkbox

- Added "Flat" property to Checkbox

- Updated "Picture" functionality to Checkbox (Can have picture w/ Checkbox not just picture button)

- Added extended properties for Radio control

- Added extended properties for Group control

- Added version in About Box

- misc updates

-Livewire

New GUIBuilder version 9.2!

Looks pretty good so far!

I noticed that you changed the buttons in the preferences window for the elements that are currently changeable (like the combobox, etc) from "Update" and "Return" to "OK", "Apply" and "Cancel". However, the properties window is still modal and thus I cannot select a different control. Hopefully in the future it will be possible to select another control and have the properties window update with the properties of the new selected control (perhaps asking first if you want to apply the changes you made to the previous control).

Cheers,

Angel

Recommendation: upgrate the properties menu option

Example new options menu:

Posted Image

GuiCreate("Modify Properties of [Wadeva]", 243, 322,(@DesktopWidth-243)/2, (@DesktopHeight-322)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)

$Label_1 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Tooltip", 10, 270, 90, 21)
$Label_2 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Style", 10, 250, 100, 20)
$Label_3 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("State", 10, 230, 110, 20)
$Label_4 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Resizing", 10, 210, 110, 20)
$Label_5 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Limit", 10, 190, 110, 20)
$Label_6 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Image", 10, 140, 110, 20)
$Label_7 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Font", 10, 120, 110, 20)
$Label_8 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Cursor", 10, 100, 110, 20)
$Label_9 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Data", 10, 50, 110, 20)
$Label_10 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Text Color", 10, 30, 120, 20)
$Label_11 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Background Color", 10, 10, 120, 20)
$Input_12 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Input12", 120, 270, 90, 21)
$Input_13 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Input13", 120, 250, 90, 20)
$Input_14 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Input14", 120, 230, 90, 20)
$Input_15 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Input15", 120, 210, 90, 21)
$Input_16 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Input16", 120, 190, 90, 20)
$Input_17 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("N/A", 10, 160, 200, 20)
$Button_18 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Browse...", 140, 140, 70, 20)
$Combo_19 = GuiCtrlCreateCombo("Combo19", 120, 120, 90, 21)
$Combo_20 = GuiCtrlCreateCombo("Combo20", 120, 100, 90, 21)
$Combo_21 = GuiCtrlCreateCombo("Combo21", 120, 50, 90, 21)
$Input_22 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Input22", 10, 70, 100, 20)
$Button_23 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Add", 120, 70, 40, 20)
$Button_24 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Delete", 160, 70, 51, 20)
$Input_25 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Input25", 120, 30, 90, 21)
$Input_26 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Input26", 120, 10, 90, 20)
$Button_27 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Save Changes", 10, 300, 90, 21)
$Button_28 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Discard Changes", 120, 300, 90, 20)
$Label_29 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Label29", 240, 320, 1, 1)

• 3 weeks later...

**New GUIBuilder version 9.3**

GUIBuilder_9.3 info:

- Added "Hint" and "ShowHint" functionality

- Added some extended properties for Edit control

- Added some extended properties for Input control

- Modified extended properties functionality (no more right click -> Properties)

- misc updates

I will probably start helping work on KODA with Lookfar and Lazycat...so depending on how that goes...there may not be a need for GUIBuilder. You can still let me know of bugs if you want.

-Livewire