MountPST

Hey,

As the topictitle describes, I would like to create a little script that has 2 options: mount PST and Unmount PST.

If I click on mount PST, it should load my PST file in my Outlook program, if I click unmount, it must unload it.

Nice catch is that I want this to work on several computers ...

Is it possible to do so ? And if yes, who could help me a little bit ?

Thanks in advance !

Tiëstosteroned :)Up2Date

Hey,

As the topictitle describes, I would like to create a little script that has 2 options: mount PST and Unmount PST.

If I click on mount PST, it should load my PST file in my Outlook program, if I click unmount, it must unload it.

Thanks in advance !

Will Outlook be running already, or do you want to start it with commandline switches...?

Do you have any code started? What do you have so far?

:o

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hey,

Thanks in advance !

Outlook has a COM programming interface that would allow you to do just about anything... I've not done this, but I believe that the syntax for adding a new PST file to Outlook would be:

$oOutlook = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
$oNameSpace = $oOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
$oNameSpace.AddStore "your-file.pst"
$oNameSpace = ""
$oOutlook = ""

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Outlook has a COM programming interface that would allow you to do just about anything... I've not done this, but I believe that the syntax for adding a new PST file to Outlook would be:

$oOutlook = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
$oNameSpace = $oOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
$oNameSpace.AddStore "your-file.pst"
$oNameSpace = ""
$oOutlook = ""

Dale

Woot! Dale FTW! :o

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()