Updater v1.0

Gyzmok

Hi all,

This is my first autoit submission.

(Thanks 'Valuater')

The tool is called "Updater".

Updater is a tool that can execute a number of "update" taks.

An "update task" is :

Copy files and directorys from the source folder to the destination

folder.

It will create files and subdirs in the destination folder if they do not yet exist.

It will copy "newer" files and subdirs to the destination folder.

It will report when detecting "older" files in the source directory. (v1.1 : older than 2 seconds)

Before the actual copy, the file date differences are first shown in a second

listview with checkboxes.

You can then "check" the files that you really want to Copy to the destination folder.

Pushing "Start update" will start the actual FileCopy.

(I used 'ChrisL' dircopy)

We use this tool at work (a little more customized) to update our devellopment

subdirectorys on our pc's from a virtual source directory where all the devellopers put their files

every evening.

In the morning we let it run and all the devs have the most recent files.

I Hope someone else will find this usefull. :)

Posted Image

Changes to Updater v1.3

Has been re-compiled with the latest version

of gafrost's GuiListView v1.63 (19 June 2006) + bugfixes :

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27914

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27921

The .ini file full of "-1" problem should be solved now by using Gafrost's GuiListView v1.63 include

Added : when message "Skipping this update : Source drive not ready" the program continues after 10 seconds.

Changes to Updater v1.2

Corrected : the subdir from a "non-checked" file was wrongfully created on the destination drive.

Added the "Config" menu to set a default source/destination drive or directory.

Added a source/destination drive status check.(drive must be "READY")

Added a FAT/NTFS drive filesystem check : if no FAT drive is involved, file compare

time accuracy is up to the second.

Display the source dir in the listview immediately after it is choosen from

the dir selector box.

Changes to version 1.1 :

the message "The source file is older than the destination file" will not appear if

the file "last modified" time difference is less than 3 seconds.

This is done to Ignore the FAT/NTFS timestamp issues of "2 second difference".

I noticed this behaviour when "updating" to a USB (Fat) drive.

Previous # of downloads : 220

Latest :

Updater_full post

Edited by Gyzmok
D2charkeeper = No more 'expired characters' in D2.File Date Changer = Change the file date(s), attributes and the filename case of multiple files @ once.Updater_full = Copy/Update your autoitscripts, pictures, .mp3, .avi etc ... subdirs from your PC to your memory stick or to your external harddisk. Now with scheduling and logging.Questmapper

Congrats on your first submission, the screenshoot looks nice :)

Obviously you know that there are several tools like this out there. But they probably did not fit your needs when you wrote updater. Anyhow just thougt I point you towards darcs. Could give you ideas for further enhancements. I'l give Updater a try when I get on a sutable OS.

Edited by Uten

Thanks Uten for the information. :)

This tool is a lot simpler than a 'CSV' like version system.

This is a file date diff ---> Copy system.

Edited by Gyzmok
D2charkeeper = No more 'expired characters' in D2.File Date Changer = Change the file date(s), attributes and the filename case of multiple files @ once.Updater_full = Copy/Update your autoitscripts, pictures, .mp3, .avi etc ... subdirs from your PC to your memory stick or to your external harddisk. Now with scheduling and logging.Questmapper

• 2 weeks later...

Made some changes in version 1.2

- Corrected : the subdir from a "non-checked" file was wrongfully created on the destination drive.

There was a real bug here : not checked files (after the compare) did also create an empty subdirectory

on the destination drive. :">

- Added the "Config" menu to set a default source/destination drive or directory.

This can be usefull if you want to restrict the source and destination drive selection.

- Added a source/destination drive status check.(drive must be "READY")

This was really necessary when there is an update task to a memory stick or an external harddisk.

A message will appear now : "Skipping this update : Source/destination drive not ready"

(instead of a fatal error).

- Added a FAT/NTFS drive filesystem check : if no FAT drive is involved, file compare time accuracy is up to the second.

There is a check now if a FAT drive is involved (mem sticks - external HD's). The file time compare will be a little less accurate (2 seconds).

More info about that :

http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~FTimeADirOnNTFS~VFP

- Display the source dir in the listview immediately after it is choosen from the dir selector box.

Feels more "natural" in this way :)

I use this tool a lot for :

Copy/update off my autoitscripts,pictures,.mp3,.avi etc ... subdirs from my PC to my memory stick or to my external harddrive. :(

Feel free to give your suggestions. :D

Edited by Gyzmok

• 4 weeks later...

Changes to Updater v1.3 :

Has been re-compiled with the latest version

of gafrost's GuiListView v1.63 (19 June 2006) + bugfixes :

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27914

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27921

The .ini file full of "-1" problem should be solved now by using Gafrost's GuiListView v1.63 include

Added : when message "Skipping this update : Source drive not ready" the program continues after 10 seconds.

• 4 weeks later...

@Gyzmok, nice work. But may I suggest that for you check the Source and Destination path to make sure they are not the same. It is a good error check for people who mistakenly click the wrong path. Currently my Source and Destination are set to C:\

Cheers.. :D