AutoFLAC

nitro322

AutoFLAC is a script that works in conjunction with Exact Audio Copy to automate the process of backing and restoring your audio CD collection using the FLAC media format. By default, AutoFLAC operates in rip mode, in which it automates the process of backing up a CD to individual FLAC files. When used in write mode, AutoFLAC will automatically convert the CD back to standard WAVE files and write them to a CD-R using the associated CUE sheet. This CUE sheet allows an exact duplicate to be created in the event the original CD is lost, stolen, or damaged.

I wrote this script using AutoIT, so I thought it'd be appropriate to post it here. It's about 700 lines of AutoIT goodness, complete with a multi-control GUI, tooltips, and external program control calls. Anyone looking for some example code may find it interesting to study, and anyone looking for a good way to backup their CD collection definitely may find it useful.

If you're interested, you can grab a copy of the binary and source from the app's home page:

https://www.legroom.net/modules.php?op=modl...re&app=autoflac

I hope it's ok to post links rather than the actual code in the body. I'd prefer to post the link so that I only have to update one site whenever I release a new version. If that's a problem, just let me know and I can attach here as well.

Great tool! Keep up the good work. I like your Universal Extractor as well. You may want to add both links to you signature.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.