Hide specific tab control item

gamgam

Hi all

at work i got a commercial application that displays a Tab Control (SysTabControl321)

with 4 tab items inside.

my users have to logon to the application by providing a user name and password.

i want to be able to hide one tab item inside the tab control based on the app username.

i can grab the username but i cant hide the tab items. i can only hide the whole control including

its sub tabs (using ControlHide command).

can someone help?

If you repeat it <script> it

You could try to hide it by putting a splash screen over the tab, that way they couldn't click on it. It would have to be a floating tab and it would have to be docked. It would be a pain, but it may work.

You may also see if the software has some type of registry entry to hide the tab, or if that tab is active, have it so no keyboard or mouse clicks can occure inside its field. Just ideas off the top of my head, someone else may think of something better.

• Moderators

I see a _GUICtrlTabDeleteItem() that's an API call that would work for removing it completely... But!, it removes the whole tab, maybe you could look at the TCM calls in API Viewer and the GUITab.au3 and come up with something to work specifically.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.