Video Downloader v2.0 - Codename 'Solar'

Dhilip89

Why should someone be not allowed to post solely because you want to see the source? You don't have to download it, Dhilip89 felt like sharing his application so that anyone who wants to use it can...

To answer your question, and hopefully the author will change their mind....

• Without the source code, we have no idea if the code contains any bad things. Example being a key logger, maul ware, or some type of spy ware.
  • The name of this forum is "Example Scripts", not Apps.
  • This forum is used to get good scripts, but to also swap code so one can solve a issue with a app they themselves are working on.
  • We would have to take the word of the author that the code will cause no harm. No offense, but I hate having to rebuild a PC due to a app that damages it for it could have been badly written.
  • The code can be used to help one learn how to do something they may not know how to do.
To sum it up, we would much rather see the source code. No source code, no comment or trying out your app. No point in running it in a sandbox unless one has all types of security measures in place, and software to check things. Lots of work for the average folk, and most of them can't for they do not have the resources to test.

So, saying that, I direct a humble question to the author: May we see the source code? No offence, but we don't know you...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

To answer your question, and hopefully the author will change their mind....

• Without the source code, we have no idea if the code contains any bad things. Example being a key logger, maul ware, or some type of spy ware.
  • The name of this forum is "Example Scripts", not Apps.
  • This forum is used to get good scripts, but to also swap code so one can solve a issue with a app they themselves are working on.
  • We would have to take the word of the author that the code will cause no harm. No offense, but I hate having to rebuild a PC due to a app that damages it for it could have been badly written.
  • The code can be used to help one learn how to do something they may not know how to do.
To sum it up, we would much rather see the source code. No source code, no comment or trying out your app. No point in running it in a sandbox unless one has all types of security measures in place, and software to check things. Lots of work for the average folk, and most of them can't for they do not have the resources to test.

So, saying that, I direct a humble question to the author: May we see the source code? No offence, but we don't know you...

Enough already...

These are your interpretations of what this forum should do... Nothing more.

Afraid to use it... Don't...End of story.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

"Davaj suruvka!"

"Dawajcie mi kod źródłowy!"

"Give me that source!"

F***, this soft crash my PC beacuse I have Windows XP SP2 Polish and Russian and this uTube thing crash my non-formatted over 2 years PC!!! (I have luck - i have some kind of PC Backup Software)

Just give that source or... solve this problem before my operating system die...

By the way?

Who need Polish/Latin Language/Translations?

I'll work for u damn good software developers!!!

PS. FORMAT = LAME AT ALL...

Edited by PolishTranslator

I detected an PE_UPX Packer (PE_Patch.UPX). MD5 of this file is e273be82f3895280f5703bfda86a12a3 and file is clean from Viruses,troyans and other "bad" stuff (i check for that software included, I'll recheck again soon). And, i found that crashy instruction... This apps is not designed for Celeron CPU's, i tested that on Celeron powered PC and Intel Pentium... and at Celeron this app crashes and smell like a skunk xD. And one question to author of this app and other people:

Can I deassemble this software and... publish the source?

Edited by SmOke_N

In my opinion it should be no source no post. Its example scripts not example apps

I guess your opinion and Jon's opinion are on a collision course then. Here is the the description for Example Scripts as given on the forum home page.

A forum to share your cool scripts, User Defined Functions and AutoIt-based applications with others.

As with any software there is no onus on the developer to release the source code. Yo also have the perogative of not using anything which is closed source. That choice is up to you. Personally I think that the forum is set up just fine.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Example Scripts

A forum to share your cool scripts, User Defined Functions and AutoIt-based applications with others.

This is NOT a general support forum!

Look at this forum's description, it is really annoying too see "no source no run" or similar sentences for sometime.

@MsCreatoR

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm considering to add these features into the downloader.

I'm also considering about to redesign the GUI for better usability, and make a big change to the codes.

Thanks again.

@PolishTranslator

PE_UPX Packer is used by AutoIt to compress the EXE.

I tested on many machines, no crashing behavior.

You will not able to understand the codes even you managed to decompile it, the script is obfuscated.

@All

I'll keep it closed source unless I've changed my mind to release the source code to the public.

Edited by Dhilip89

[u]My Projects[/u]:General:WinShell (Version 1.6)YouTube Video Downloader Core (Version 2.0)Periodic Table Of Chemical Elements (Version 1.0)Web-Based:Directory Listing Script Written In AutoIt3 (Version 1.9 RC1)UDFs:UnicodeURL UDFHTML Entity UDF[u]My Website:[/u]http://dhilip89.hopto.org/[u]Closed Sources:[/u]YouTube Video Downloader (Version 1.3)[quote]If 1 + 1 = 10, then 1 + 1 ≠ 2[/quote]

It's annoying when people gain up and tell you i wont run it without source.

Personally, I browse this subforum for the sole purpose of learning. How can I learn without code?

Posting in this particular subforum without source makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by shortstop

Ah come on. Face it. There will be no source code. You don't have to post source code when you post an app, but the you will loose most of your audience. I agree with volly's points, because they are the reasons why we want to always see source code, but do you see the source of other programs for find on the internet for free? Why should this be any different. I think we should all cool it, and face the music. It is getting slightly ridicules.

@Shortstop- _Kurt posted a function to get youtube videos, the link is here. Most of this forum is code. So go back a few pages and have a read of the quality scripts that are out there... :)

Ah come on. Face it. There will be no source code. You don't have to post source code when you post an app, but the you will loose most of your audience. I agree with volly's points, because they are the reasons why we want to always see source code, but do you see the source of other programs for find on the internet for free? Why should this be any different. I think we should all cool it, and face the music. It is getting slightly ridicules.

If this website was centered around general freeware applications, I could see hardly any reason to make complaints about it not being opensource, but since this is an autoit "scripting language" forum it is much prefered for source to be supplied.

btw thanks for the info on _kurt's script.

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

Enough of the banter, you're hi-jacking the thread with all this useless drivel.

My apologies, but I wouldn't consider discussing whether or not source code is necessary as "hi-jacking the thread."

Anyway, I tried the downloader and it works. Now that that's done with, I'll be checking out the other downloader's source code.

• Moderators

My apologies, but I wouldn't consider discussing whether or not source code is necessary as "hi-jacking the thread."

Anyway, I tried the downloader and it works. Now that that's done with, I'll be checking out the other downloader's source code.

It's not up to you or I or even how we feel about things.

Our thought process isn't even a consideration.

It's a one man show, and that man has stated publicly how he feels about it, and the rights that people have not to disclose their source.

Having said that... I'm closing this topic, and will start warning others if the persist to go above and beyond in other threads.

;) I find it humorous to say the least... that the people that complain the most, contribute the least. :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I'm throwing this out there. The next person I catch on this forum who asks for source or says "I'm not running it because there's no source" is going to get a 3-day ban from me. If you don't want to run something because it doesn't have source code, fine, shut the hell up and don't run it. We don't need a running database of everybody who won't run something because it doesn't have the source. Let me remind you all for the three hundred and eighty-seventh time, YOU do not make the rules on this forum. YOU do not dictate what can and can not be posted. YOU do not own the rights to people's work and YOU do not tell people what they can do with their intellectual property.

I'm going to unlock this thread. I don't feel that it's fair that the original poster has their thread locked because a bunch of jackasses don't know how to keep their comments to themselves but instead feel the need to stand up and proclaim something completely irrelevant. Also, my comments are your warning. I'm taking a much firmer stance on this issue than SmOke_N as I'm sick of it. Also, I simply want to see how many of you can actually read or do actually read a thread to completion before posting.

Lastly, I wish to remark that I'm disappointed at some of you making these idiotic statements. Some of you are smart enough and have been here long enough to know better.

I'll release the latest source code soon. (Version 2.0 Core Function).

It can be used for who want to create a downloader by own with all functions provided.

[u]My Projects[/u]:General:WinShell (Version 1.6)YouTube Video Downloader Core (Version 2.0)Periodic Table Of Chemical Elements (Version 1.0)Web-Based:Directory Listing Script Written In AutoIt3 (Version 1.9 RC1)UDFs:UnicodeURL UDFHTML Entity UDF[u]My Website:[/u]http://dhilip89.hopto.org/[u]Closed Sources:[/u]YouTube Video Downloader (Version 1.3)[quote]If 1 + 1 = 10, then 1 + 1 ≠ 2[/quote]

Updated to version 1.3