Window Finder

Lazycat

Don't sure, maybe similar example was already posted (but I not found). If so, just forget it <_<

This is window finder, similar one used in the Au3Info. It was done for one of Koda support files, but this can be useful separately for pointing windows from scripts.

post-126-1193429843_thumb.png

window_finder.zip

• 8 months later...

thank you so much for sharing LazyCat! I'm having problems with the code however. When I run it by selecting "Go" in the SCITE editor, I get the errors below. Can you please help me to figure out what I should do to fix this? Thanks you!

WARNING: $SS_RIGHT: possibly used before declaration.

GUICtrlCreateLabel("Title:", 101, 18, 27, 17, $SS_RIGHT)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

WARNING: $SS_CENTER: possibly used before declaration.

$hLabelTitle = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 133, 18, 436, 17, BitOR($SS_CENTER,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

WARNING: $SS_GRAYFRAME: possibly used before declaration.

$hLabelTitle = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 133, 18, 436, 17, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$SS_RIGHT,$SS_GRAYFRAME,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

WARNING: $SS_WHITEFRAME: possibly used before declaration.

$hLabelTitle = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 133, 18, 436, 17, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$SS_RIGHT,$SS_GRAYFRAME,$SS_WHITEFRAME,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~^

WARNING: $SS_SIMPLE: possibly used before declaration.

$hLabelTitle = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 133, 18, 436, 17, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$SS_RIGHT,$SS_GRAYFRAME,$SS_WHITEFRAME,$SS_SIMPLE)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

WARNING: $SS_NOTIFY: possibly used before declaration.

$hTargetPic = GUICtrlCreateIcon($ICON_TARGET_FULL, 0, 24, 20, 32, 32, BitOR($SS_NOTIFY,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

WARNING: $WS_GROUP: possibly used before declaration.

$hTargetPic = GUICtrlCreateIcon($ICON_TARGET_FULL, 0, 24, 20, 32, 32, BitOR($SS_NOTIFY,$WS_GROUP)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

ERROR: $SS_RIGHT: undeclared global variable.

GUICtrlCreateLabel("Title:", 101, 18, 27, 17, $SS_RIGHT)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

Ok, sorry...I figured this out now...it looks like I'm using a newer version of AutoIT and I needed to add these #include statements:

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <Constants.au3>

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

#include <StaticConstants.au3>

After I did that, it's working now! Thanks! Excellent!

• 5 months later...

Lazycat,

This is a great post. I was wondering how the finder in Au3info worked and this helps a lot. I am a newb so there is much I don't udnerstand ... let me start at the start. I searched the help file for information on "WriteResource." I could not find anything and have no idea what that part of the script is doing. I realize it says "Initializing resources" but would you mind explaining what is happening there?

Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

I searched the help file for information on "WriteResource." I could not find anything and have no idea what that part of the script is doing. I realize it says "Initializing resources" but would you mind explaining what is happening there?

If you carefully look the script, you will find this function definition near the bottom. This function just write required images, that stored in hex form, to files in the temporary folder. This way script was made single-file only.

Lazycat,

Thanks for the information. Sorry for the confusion. I am not at all familiar with the use of hex values. It looked completely foreign to me. I have a good place to start looking stuff up now ... info on hex values. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Jayme

If you carefully look the script, you will find this function definition near the bottom. This function just write required images, that stored in hex form, to files in the temporary folder. This way script was made single-file only.

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

LC,

Sorry, one more question. It looks like the 12.24.08 release (v3.3.0.0 ) breaks this script. I saw hugobossv8's post from 7.28.08. Those includes worked and I was up and running. Then I installed v3.3.0.0 and I got the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayme\Desktop\Window Finder.au3(69,29) : ERROR: $WM_MOUSEMOVE previously declared as a 'Const'

Global $WM_MOUSEMOVE = 0x200

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayme\Desktop\Window Finder.au3(70,29) : ERROR: $WM_LBUTTONUP previously declared as a 'Const'

Global $WM_LBUTTONUP = 0x202

I am assuming it is something in the new release. Am I doing something wrong?

Lazycat,

Thanks for the information. Sorry for the confusion. I am not at all familiar with the use of hex values. It looked completely foreign to me. I have a good place to start looking stuff up now ... info on hex values. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Jayme

LC,

Sorry, one more question. It looks like the 12.24.08 release (v3.3.0.0 ) breaks this script. I saw hugobossv8's post from 7.28.08. Those includes worked and I was up and running. Then I installed v3.3.0.0 and I got the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayme\Desktop\Window Finder.au3(69,29) : ERROR: $WM_MOUSEMOVE previously declared as a 'Const'

Global $WM_MOUSEMOVE = 0x200

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayme\Desktop\Window Finder.au3(70,29) : ERROR: $WM_LBUTTONUP previously declared as a 'Const'

Global $WM_LBUTTONUP = 0x202

I am assuming it is something in the new release. Am I doing something wrong?

[center]I LOVE ALGERIA .... ;-)[/center]

• 4 weeks later...

ALG:

I wrote to LazyCat and he helped me with the fix. I had to remove all the styles from the GUI such as: SS_RIGHT,SS_CENTER,GRAYFRAME,etc. (everything that came up as an error when it ran). Once they were gone, it worked. Thanks again to LazyCat for posting this.

JFish

• 5 years later...