Unicode Keyboard v 1.0 - this rocks !

jennico

Hello World !

Posted Image

I would like to introduce my script that will give you lots of fun taking benefit of the fabulous Unicode System.

It is dedicated to the inventors of AutoIt. What a great scripting language, now finally supporting Unicode. Thank you.

i had to zip it because of its size. the zip contains the au3.

you will find a description in the next postings.

j.

post-16766-1195339018_thumb.jpg

post-16766-1195339040_thumb.jpg

UnicodeKeyboardSetupv1.0.zip

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

well, here is the download:

i had to zip it because of its size. the zip contains au3 and exe.

one second please. cannot attach anything don't know why.

Edited by jennico2

My contributions:Universal translator with national keyboards and Unicode support.Unicode editor with national keyboards and editing features.

well, here is the description:

Posted Image

0. Introduction To Unicode Keyboard and Editor:

===================================

Unicode Keyboard is a small and esay to use Unicode Editor with national keyboard support.

The international Unicode standard enables the simultaneous bidirectional use of millions of language charcters, scientific and other signs in one document without having to switch the language settings of your computer ("code pages").

But how can you take profit of Unicode while you still have only 56/58 keys on your keyboard ? Unicode Keyboard helps you out to advance your writing skills with ease and fun ! You will be enabled to create bi- or multinational texts, scientific documents and you will enjoy enriching your simple text-only documents, professional presentations, business letters or e-mails with fantastic new symbols.

This version 1.0 supports the national keyboards and characters of the following countries:

Central and Western Europe: German, English, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Latin, Multilingual

Nordic Languages: Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Sami, Icelandic

East and South East Europe: Russian (cirillic), Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian (cirillic), Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian (cirillic), Albanian, Romanian, Bulgarian (cirillic), Greek, Turkish

Asia: Persian (Farsi), Japanese (Katagana + Hiragana), Korean, Chinese (simplified + traditional), Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian, Bengali

Africa and Middle East: Hebrew, Yiddish, Arabic, Azeri (cirillic), Armenian

America: Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese

Step by step I will add further languages and sign sets like mathematics, astronomy, chemistry, hieroglyphs, musical notes and many more. The Unicode system supplies a vast and fascinating amount of editable characters.

Further features:

- Advanced editing tools like exchange and append to clipboard, fonts selection.

- Phonetical Chinese keyboard with 20.000 :P predefined chinese signs and magnifying glass to view the signs.

- Automatic Left-to-Right, Right-to-Left and bidirectional writing, setting of direction changing marks.

- Typing either into the internal editor or directly into a document supported.

- Real keyboard simulation of all necessary keys incl. key repetition. Simulating keyboard behaviour on the special nonspacing "DeadKeys" (Accents).

- Save function for texts (in UTF-8 encoding).

1. Requirements before using Unicode Keyboard:

===================================

! Very important !

While Windows Vista is already based upon Unicode by standard (as far as I know), Windows XP still uses the ANSI Code Page standard (national settings). You have to change your code system to international Unicode by making the following steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Click View (on the menu bar), then Encoding => More => Chinese Traditional (BIG5).

(The same can be achieved by installing the Asian language support from the WinXP CD via Control Panel => Region Settings => Languages).

3. Follow the directions on screen to install the language pack from your Windows CD. After installation is completed, you may need to restart your computer.

4. When you are able to use your browser again, make sure the browser is UTF-8 encoded by clicking once more: View (on the menu bar), then Encoding => Unicode (UTF-8)

5. Go once more to Control Panel => Region Settings => Languages and make sure that both checkboxes are checked (Right-to-Left writing and East-Asian languages).

Remark: Unicode is not supported by Win9x OS or lower and Unicode Keyboard will not work on these systems !

2. Installing Unicode Keyboard:

======================

Unicode Keyboard comes with an installation routine. You will be guided through the process. During installation about 1000 graphic files will be downloaded from the Microsoft website. So please open Internet connection and firewall. The process will take about 5 minutes.

Deinstallation: No system changes will be made. Simply delete the "Unicode" folder.

3. The Graphical User Interface:

=======================

The use of the program is very intuitive and there is not much to explain.

You will find some unknown keys on the bottom row of the virtual keyboard. The four left bottom keys are only used with Right-to-Left languages like Farsi, Arabic and Hebrew. The first two will mark a change of typing direction within a script from right to left and v.v. The other two buttons are for joining special Arabic and Thai characters together (they are typed onto each other).

The "nbsp" button will type a non-breaking space. This means, a line will not be broken on such a space.

The button ("<>") will change the general writing direction of the entire document (right-left, left-right).

The light red buttons are nonspacing "Deadkeys". They wait for a subsequent key to type an accent on it. A tooltip will inform you of the exspected letters

You will also find keyboards with so-called "Combining Diacritical Marks". They work similar to the nonspacing DeadKeys, but the letter is typed first and the accent (diacritic) afterwards. I find this method more practical.

All keyboards have three levels: Basic - Shift - AltGr.

The virtual national keyboards may slightly differ from the real ones in order to contain more characters or for practical reasons.

The Multinmational keyboard is supposed to offer all characters of the latin (Western) languages.

If you want to type directly into a document you can switch off the edit box by hitting the little arrow to the right and checking the "Top" checkbox.

4. Unicode Fonts:

=============

The Unicode system (now v5.0) is still "under construction". From time to time further blocks of characters are added. Consequently there is no font available that covers all signs and characters. If you encounter display problems, try to change the font first. There are lots of special Unicode Fonts like:

- Arial Unicode MS (part of Win XP or Windows Update KB 287247) (aruniupd.exe. Unicode. Version 0.86. TTF. © Ascender Corporation) or search for "Arial Unicode MS.zip" on a Brazilian Website

- Lucida Sans Unicode (part of Win XP) (lsansuni.zip, Unicode, Version 2.00. TTF. Size: (177.16 kb))

- Palatino Linotype (palab.zip, Unicode, Version 1.40. TTF. Size: (999.01 kb))

- Code2000 (code2000.zip. Unicode. Version beta 1.13. TTF. Size: (1,218.53 kb))

- Code2001

- Code2002

- Bitstream Cyberbit (cyberbit.zip. Unicode. Version Version beta 2.00. TTF. Size: (6,210.58 kb))

- XSerif Unicode (xsuni.zip, Unicode, Version 1.00. TTF. Size: (50.59 kb))

- Alphabetum Unicode

I warmly recommend Code2000 if you want to use exotic glyphs like Runics, Inuit, Coptic, Ethiopic, Cirth or Klingon. It containes most of the Unicode signs and impressively beats the others by far.

Try to find the latest versions in Internet, e.g. "http://www.orwell.ru/test/download".

There are more (partly free) Unicode fonts available, but none of them will cover all characters and signs.

Furthermore, for all foreign languages and Unicode blocks you can find specialized font sets online.

5. Remarks:

=========

If you want to save a document with Unicode characters you have to encode it in Unicode or you will find only question marks on reopening. E.g. in Notepad choose "Save as..." and select "UTF-8 in the bottom "Encoding" combo. New documents written with Unicode Keyboard will be automatically saved in UTF-8.

I apologize for three small mistakes I found in the codes:

1. The Dutch capital letter "ij" must be written as "Ij", not "IJ".

2. The Skandinavian and Baltic letters "Õ" and "õ" are wrongly painted on the keyboards (Double Accent Acute instead of Tilde), but will be typed correctly.

3. The program´s default font "MS Sans Serif" fails to type the characters "digraph oe ligatured" and "digraph OE ligatured", as used on the Multilingual keyboard. Please choose a different font like "Tahoma".

6. The Rosetta Stone Project:

=====================

Posted Image

Unicode Keyboard is an integral part of "Rosetta Stone", my universal translating program which can be downloaded as well from the AutoIt forum.

I split this program because the keyboards developed their individual indications beyond translations.

Rosetta Stone is intended to develop step by step into a universal translating tool. I will appreciate any kind of support.

Of course you can alter my keyboards in a way that better fits your purpose. If you think you found an improvement or if you are a native speaker, please inform me so that I can update my work.

Have fun !

peace on earth jennico

click here for Rosetta Stone

My contributions:Universal translator with national keyboards and Unicode support.Unicode editor with national keyboards and editing features.

jennico2????

What's the point?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

i just need more attachment space. my Rosetta Stone now is 608 kb, and Unicode Keyboard 525 kb. that's all. nothing bad.

:-) j.

the problem is, there is no option for attaching something....... what's wrong ?

Edited by jennico2

Fuck! I accidentally clicked the (?) and the console spammed an Error and now its rapidly opening a million IE windows! AHHHHHH!

Edit:

Ok, I got it under control... Couldn't open Taskman, Au3, the start menu was messed up and I couldn't open Run. Finaly IE figured out it had an error and gave me the error report window, everything is normal now.

Edited by Joscpe

-Joscpe

There was a problem with the help button, i fixed it. try downloading again the zip.

sorry ...........

I don't know why it opens many windows, should just open one. i will find out.

Edit: i think i got it now !

j

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

i just need more attachment space. my Rosetta Stone now is 608 kb, and Unicode Keyboard 525 kb. that's all. nothing bad.

:-) j.

the problem is, there is no option for attaching something....... what's wrong ?

You can only do certain things until you have made a minimum number of posts so I expect that's what wrong.

Using up your allowed storage space is a problem which I get round by posting a zipped shortcut. Store the file to be downloaded somewhere where it's free, make a link to the file, zip the link and post the zipped link which will usually be less than 300 bytes. You could just post the link but then you wouldn't know if or how many people had downloaded it. So someone who wants the file clicks the zip link and downloads it and then unzips it. Then they have a link to your files which they can use again if they need to without even going to the forum.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

There was a problem with the help button, i fixed it. try downloading again the zip.

sorry ...........

I don't know why it opens many windows, should just open one. i will find out.

Edit: i think i got it now !

j

Still does it for me?

working on a new version having fixed this problem. the help works though in main program, or doesn't it ?

any more problems with my script ?

j.

Edit: just want to point out that this first version is just the base for the extensions i'm working on. coming versions will be much more interesting.

Edited by jennico2

• 3 weeks later...

I have to make a warning:

the current autoit version 3.2.10.x has a bug. the edit control does not behave correctly. so my script does not work with v3.2.10.x !

as far as i know it works with autoit v3.2.8.1 or (where it was written in) before. i hope the bug will be fixed soon.

i add a download link for the .exe version. it is compiled with v3.2.8.1 and working.

sorry :)

j.

UnicodeKeyboard_1.0.exe

• 2 weeks later...

You don't see the point with this??

many people that need to write on other languages would need this script.

jennico2 please make this script official and not just avable in Autoitscript forums! :)

Read a bit further... He needed more attachment space [Jennico(2)].

Of course he understands what it is. He didn't understand the point of creating a new account...

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Is it possible to ask for one simple example on how to map a key on the keyboard to a character in AutoIt? I got the source but it's a little too advanced with all the arrays!

Just one example to show how to map if the user pressed "Y" show "0x0645" character.

Thanks a lot.

• 11 months later...

I have problem

Line 1818

GuiCtrlCreateLabel("",0,120,373,48,$WS_DISABLED)

ERROR: Variable used withhout being declared.

next : Line 1823 --> $SS_Center

next : Line 1824 ---> $SS_CENTER,$BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON

I use xp

What is wrong with my autoit?

Edit:

I paste this

#include <StaticConstants.au3> ; ok

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

#include <EditConstants.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#include <ComboConstants.au3> ; ok

and working

then

Install -> Please check your internet connection and firewall setings and hit Retry .

Edited by tele123

Read the Help file! If you search for that variable it clearly tells you that #include <StaticConstants.au3> should be included because the variable is missing as stated by the transparent error message.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

In help file "static"

Warning: This feature is experimental. It may not work, may contain bugs or may be changed or removed without notice.

DO NOT REPORT BUGS OR REQUEST NEW FEATURES FOR THIS FEATURE.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.