FileCopy to UNC path

Angel

Hi,

Is it possible to use FileCopy on a remote computer but using a different username/password?

I'd like to copy a file to the Desktop of a certain user in a remote computer, using the "c$" notation (e.g. copying to "\\remote_pc\c$\Documents and Settings\remote_user\Desktop"). But to do so I need to have administrator privileges in the machine. I know the user/password of one of the admin accounts, but I don't know how to tell AutoIt to use them.

I've tried the RunAsSet function, but this does only seem to work with Run commands. Perhaps I could then use Run or RunWait but is there a way to use FileCopy instead?

Cheers,

Angel

try using the command prompt

ie

runasset(blah)

run("cmd.exe copy blah \\pc\c$\blah)

i know that runasset really screws up my novell premissions(and takes a hell of a lot of scripting to get around it), so i would think that that account is what is used with smb also.

Edited by blakel

i know that runasset really screws up my novell premissions(and takes a hell of a lot of scripting to get around it), so i would think that that account is what is used with smb also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you elaborate on any problems you've had...
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

no problems with autoit

lets say bill is logged in the workstation and doing hist thing(excuse the "play" enviroment, it is to eliminate ambiguity) and i want to push app.msi (for instance(msi's are particuarly difficult)). i use runasset(administrator). well with novell bill is not authencated in this security context and windows adminstrator does not have access to his drive mappings. so i must then call another script to login in as another novell account becuuse i need access to a network drive(by the way dont run another login script!) then i must call another script that calls msiexec. this could be avoided by either coping the files before runasset or with fileinstall. i don't like the first beacuse it takes time to clean that up, especially if i unzip a file. the latter bloats the script if the install is very big.

another option is using a deployment system like zenworks, but that has its own set of chalanges. and how do you get zenworks pushed?

hope that helps