VNC2Me - Secure remote desktop sharing

JDaus

VNC2Me is an Autoit Application that allows Secure remote desktop sharing.

VNC2Me is essentually a wrapper for SSH (via plink) and VNC (via UVNC SC), which creates a secure tunnel from both the "sharer" and "viewer" to an internet SSH server.

The application is GPL, and help is greatly appreciated (especially from the autoit community on my crappy coding) :P

VNC2Me is currently in Beta 0.2 release and should be considered usable and stable at this stage.

Beta 0.2 was a complete rewrite of the core code (most functions had some tweeking)

Beta 0.2 introduced Translation friendly GUI (translation is done through INI settings - available for all MS supported languages)

Beta 0.2.1 introduces INET update checking (turn off in INI).

Beta 0.2.1 moves language settings and translations to seperate INI.

Beta 0.3 will introduce UVNC SC (direct connection) capabilities

Beta 0.3 will introduce collaboration server (allows multiple viewers on one server) with options for view-only access or full

VNC2Me Homepage

VNC2Me Source Code (SVN repository)

Edited by JDaus

ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...don't ask, and remain a fool for life__JD - YTS | VNC2Me - Secure remote Desktop Support Solutions

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great idea i use VNC all the time

So do I, i setup something similar for an old employer, then i got to thinking that it hasn't been done (and remain open-source) before ...

there are other apps out there that do similar, but are not open source (anymore)

SVN updated with heaps of improvments and bug fixes ... (too many to list here)

Website has forum, FAQ and more to come (flyspray etc)

ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...don't ask, and remain a fool for life__JD - YTS | VNC2Me - Secure remote Desktop Support Solutions

• 2 weeks later...

VNC2Me Beta released a week ago

ready-to-roll packages ONLY at this stage - roll-your-own packages released when first (non-beta) version released.

considering re-write in C# for security reasons, but hesitant to do this at moment.

you need to register to download (registration requirement will be lifted when beta trial finishes)

i welcome thoughts / testers / flames by members of this forum ...

Love this, I already use another autoIt script found here a few months back, altho it didnt offer the ability to send Ctrl-Alt-Del, this looks like it can so I've registered with you to keep on eye future updates. I must admit I havent got your scripts working yet, but then thats the good thing with autoit scripts, you fathom out what they do and and make em work for you.

Good luck with this project

Rick

Edited by Rick

Who needs puzzles when we have AutoIt!!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...