Drawing Text on Screen

I need everyone's method for drawing text on the screen except the GDI+ one cause im pretty sure there are other ones out there.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

I believe credit goes to Larry on this one:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
;~ Global Const $WS_POPUP                = 0x80000000
;~ Global Const $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW            = 0x00000080
;~ Global Const $WS_EX_TOPMOST                = 0x00000008

$hwnd = GUICreate("Text Region", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 10, 10, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST,$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))
GUISetBkColor(0xFF0000) ; text color

$rgn = CreateTextRgn($hwnd,"This is how you make floating text",100,"Arial",500)
SetWindowRgn($hwnd,$rgn)

GUISetState()
Sleep(3000)
GUIDelete ($hwnd)

Func SetWindowRgn($h_win, $rgn)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowRgn", "hwnd", $h_win, "long", $rgn, "int", 1)
EndFunc

;Func CombineRgn(ByRef $rgn1, ByRef $rgn2)
;    DllCall("gdi32.dll", "long", "CombineRgn", "long", $rgn1, "long", $rgn1, "long", $rgn2, "int", 2)
;EndFunc

Func CreateTextRgn(ByRef $CTR_hwnd,$CTR_Text,$CTR_height,$CTR_font="Microsoft Sans Serif",$CTR_weight=1000)
    Local Const $ANSI_CHARSET = 0
    Local Const $OUT_CHARACTER_PRECIS = 2
    Local Const $CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS = 0
    Local Const $PROOF_QUALITY = 2
    Local Const $FIXED_PITCH = 1
    Local Const $RGN_XOR = 3

If $CTR_font = "" Then $CTR_font = "Microsoft Sans Serif"
    If $CTR_weight = -1 Then $CTR_weight = 1000
    Local $gdi_dll = DLLOpen("gdi32.dll")
    Local $CTR_hDC= DLLCall("user32.dll","int","GetDC","hwnd",$CTR_hwnd)
    Local $CTR_hMyFont = DLLCall($gdi_dll,"hwnd","CreateFont","int",$CTR_height,"int",0,"int",0,"int",0, _
                "int",$CTR_weight,"int",0,"int",0,"int",0,"int",$ANSI_CHARSET,"int",$OUT_CHARACTER_PRECIS, _
                "int",$CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS,"int",$PROOF_QUALITY,"int",$FIXED_PITCH,"str",$CTR_font )
    Local $CTR_hOldFont = DLLCall($gdi_dll,"hwnd","SelectObject","int",$CTR_hDC[0],"hwnd",$CTR_hMyFont[0])
    DLLCall($gdi_dll,"int","BeginPath","int",$CTR_hDC[0])
    DLLCall($gdi_dll,"int","TextOut","int",$CTR_hDC[0],"int",0,"int",0,"str",$CTR_Text,"int",StringLen($CTR_Text))
    DLLCall($gdi_dll,"int","EndPath","int",$CTR_hDC[0])
    Local $CTR_hRgn1 = DLLCall($gdi_dll,"hwnd","PathToRegion","int",$CTR_hDC[0])
    Local $CTR_rc = DLLStructCreate("int;int;int;int")
    DLLCall($gdi_dll,"int","GetRgnBox","hwnd",$CTR_hRgn1[0],"ptr",DllStructGetPtr($CTR_rc))
    Local $CTR_hRgn2 = DLLCall($gdi_dll,"hwnd","CreateRectRgnIndirect","ptr",DllStructGetPtr($CTR_rc))
    DLLCall($gdi_dll,"int","CombineRgn","hwnd",$CTR_hRgn2[0],"hwnd",$CTR_hRgn2[0],"hwnd",$CTR_hRgn1[0],"int",$RGN_XOR)
    DLLCall($gdi_dll,"int","DeleteObject","hwnd",$CTR_hRgn1[0])
    DLLCall("user32.dll","int","ReleaseDC","hwnd",$CTR_hwnd,"int",$CTR_hDC[0])
    DLLCall($gdi_dll,"int","SelectObject","int",$CTR_hDC[0],"hwnd",$CTR_hOldFont[0])
    DLLClose($gdi_dll)
    Return $CTR_hRgn2[0]
EndFunc

• 6 years later...

Who exactly are you directing your question to? Also, why are you asking in a 6 year old thread? Start a new thread and ask your question, you'll get more help that way.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Same as BrewManNM says. also try this.

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
Global $hGUI=0,$bRunning=True
Example()

Func Example()
 $hGUI = GUICreate("GDI+ test", 800, 400,-1,-1,$WS_POPUP,$WS_EX_LAYERED)
GUISetBkColor(0xABCDEF)
_WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUI,0xABCDEF)
GUISetState()
 _GDIPlus_Startup()

If @OSBuild < 6000 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Antialiasing is automatically turned on for your operating system - no visible differences!")

Local $hGraphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hGUI)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawString($hGraphics, "AutoIt rulez!", 0, 0, "Impact", 110)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetTextRenderingHint($hGraphics, $GDIP_TEXTRENDERINGHINT_ANTIALIASGRIDFIT)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawString($hGraphics, "AutoIt rulez!", 0, 200, "Impact", 110)

While $bRunning
      Sleep(10)
    WEnd

;cleanup resources
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphics)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
    GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func Terminate()
    $bRunning=False
EndFunc

Saludos