Capture Screen dll

Lazycat

Dll for capturing screen directly into file. Both BMP and JPEG formats supported.

Here a first version of simple dll for creating screenshots. Mainly copy'n'paste programming, but I'm just learning :lmao: Now it can only get full screen. I also plan to add region capture.

If someone interesting, please test it on the w9x/me systems.

New version (with JPEG support):

captdll_v2.zip

Old version (only BMP capture, but small):

capture_dll.zip

Edited by Lazycat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here a first version of simple dll for creating screenshots. Mainly copy'n'paste programming, but I'm just learning o:) Now it can only get full screen. I also plan to add region capture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neat! I was always used to use Irfan View to make screenshots. Now this is much easier. :lmao:

[quote name='d2hacker88' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:10 PM']Can someone please help me out with autoit like gimme a link on how to use it cause i have no experience with computer languages and i'd like to make a program with autoit in order to empress my computer teacher.[right][snapback]52215[/snapback][/right][/quote]

u can also hit the Print button :lmao: good work though LazyCat

EDIT: for some reason none of my paint viewers support this file... even thought it is a bitmap, idk why o:)

Edited by layer
FootbaG

u can also hit the Print button

But Print will put screenshot into clipboard, isn't it? o:) Dll save it directly into file.

EDIT: for some reason none of my paint viewers support this file... even thought it is a bitmap, idk why

Hmm, you right... Interesting. ACDSee open this without probs, but any other software don't understand format :lmao: I will look tomorrow. Thanks!

But Print will put screenshot into clipboard, isn't it? :) Dll save it directly into file.

Hmm, you right... Interesting. ACDSee open this without probs, but any other software don't understand format :lmao: I will look tomorrow. Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no problem :) glad i could help, but your right, Print saves it to clipboard :) and urs saves it directley to file.. o:)
FootbaG

The BMP file generated is corrupted when i opened it in Irfanview and MS-Paint. I am using Windows98SE.

Take a look at the screenshot for the error message.

My website: (Lots of AutoIt compiled programs+GameMaker games)http://mcky.sitesled.comMy AutoIt projects:Mcky's CalEntry - Calendar schedulingMcky's Web Extractor - Web page links extractorMcky's Appkey- Powerful Hotkey-listing tool[quote]I wish I was never born. I am just a lonely soul in this world... :([/quote]

No, only first time o:)

Now wrong format is fixed. I update first post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Duh ! :lmao:

I didn't mean that you've created this DLL...eeh again, but I meant that you've

created another great and useful DLL. :) Thanks a bunch Lazycat !

Here a first version of simple dll for creating screenshots. Mainly copy'n'paste programming, but I'm just learning :) Now it can only get full screen. I also plan to add region capture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Lazycat very nice o:) it works perfect :lmao:

Thanks for fixing the reported bug,Lazycat. Works great now.

My website: (Lots of AutoIt compiled programs+GameMaker games)http://mcky.sitesled.comMy AutoIt projects:Mcky's CalEntry - Calendar schedulingMcky's Web Extractor - Web page links extractorMcky's Appkey- Powerful Hotkey-listing tool[quote]I wish I was never born. I am just a lonely soul in this world... :([/quote]

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I still think the format is somehow wrong, I can open the bitmap fine, but I'm writing a script that needs to capture a portion of the screen and use that in a GUI almost straight away.. this doesnt seem to work.

@ALL

Thanks for replies!

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I still think the format is somehow wrong, I can open the bitmap fine, but I'm writing a script that needs to capture a portion of the screen and use that in a GUI almost straight away.. this doesnt seem to work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you provide example script with the problem you have? I just tried GUICtrlCreatePic with captured image and have no problem with it...

This is an example of the script, obviously in this case the script and dll have been placed in c:\winamp, adjust it as necessary. This creates the bmp in that folder, which can be opened in paint but it doesn't show on my screen.

I apoligise for the way the code is written, this is just a snippet of a script I'm writing and will post on the forum when finished.

Opt ("wintitlematchmode", 4)
$wp = wingetpos ("classname=Winamp v1.x")
DllCall("captdll.dll", "int", "CaptureRegion", "str", "winamp.bmp", "int", $wp[0], "int", $wp[1], "int", $wp[2], "int", $wp[3])
GUICreate ("Winamp pic", $wp[2], $wp[3], -2, -20)
$pic = GuiCtrlCreatePic ("C:\winamp\winamp.bmp",0,0, $wp[2],$wp[3])
GUIsetstate ()
sleep(3000)

Here a first version of simple dll for creating screenshots. Mainly copy'n'paste programming, but I'm just learning o:) Now it can only get full screen. I also plan to add region capture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Lazycat nice ist wörks very great löl^^

i like it :lmao:

Thx you great job dudu :)

This is an example of the script, obviously in this case the script and dll have been placed in c:\winamp, adjust it as necessary.  This creates the bmp in that folder, which can be opened in paint but it doesn't show on my screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm, another strange bug here... Sometimes captured image is right, sometimes not. No thought at the moment what is wrong. It need more observation, I'll try tomorrow.