_IE (frame is function in javascript) HELP

Hello,

I might need some of your help with this one.

Posted Image

trying to access form in frame "data"

when i access the source code for the html where the from is i see what you would suppose to see.

example1

CODE
<form>

<input></input>

</form>

but when i _Docread the frame where the form is in i get this.

example2

CODE
<HTML lang=nl xml:lang="nl" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><HEAD>

{{{[[[ BUNCH OF JAVA FUNCTIONS HERE ]]]}}}

</SCRIPT>

<STYLE type=text/css media=screen>@import HYPERLINK";</STYLE>

</HEAD>

<BODY><A id=topLink>&nbsp;</A>

<script>

document.write('<A id="buttonInput" style="float:right;display:none;font-size:200%;text-decoration:underline" onclick="showInputFrame()">\RANDOM TEXT</A>');

</SCRIPT>

<A id=buttonInput style="DISPLAY: none; FONT-SIZE: 200%; FLOAT: right; TEXT-DECORATION: underline" onclick=showInputFrame()>?Back to input</A> <IFRAME id=inputframe style="CLEAR: both; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 95%; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; HEIGHT: 3000px" name=inputframe src="HYPERLINK?scn=HYPERLINK" frameBorder=0></IFRAME><IFRAME id=outputframe style="CLEAR: both; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; DISPLAY: none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 95%; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; HEIGHT: 3000px" name=outputframe src="HYPERLINK" frameBorder=0></IFRAME></BODY></HTML>

so i tryed setting the frame that i found in example 2 in order to get/set the forms data, but so far i was unsuccsesfull.

the qeustion i ask you is; Is it possible to declere a frame within a frame or for that matter some way around this problem..

i dont want to go in to the Send() realm on this one, if you know what i mean... :)

if you can help me i'd be very thankfull.

Regards,

Dreamfire

Are you using the _IE functions? If so, use $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "framename") and then use $oFrame as you would use $oIE.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Are you using the _IE functions? If so, use $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "framename") and then use $oFrame as you would use $oIE.

Dale

I am using the _IE functions, i did indeed set $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE,"data") but in that frame there is another frame inside a java function, is it even possible to declare that one.

I'm going to assume that by "java function" you mean Javascript - if so, please do not confuse the two.

Webbrowsers do not display things inside Javascript, they display HTML and Javascript can create and manipulate HTML dynamically (look up DHTML).

So, if you look at the interpreted HTML instead of the original source you see the dynamically generated content. DebugBar is good at this as is _IEDocReadHTML

You cn use

$oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "framename")

$oFrame1 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oFrame, "framename")

beware of cross-domain scripting security... add _IEErrorHandlerRegister and watch for Access Is Denied

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I'm going to assume that by "java function" you mean Javascript - if so, please do not confuse the two.

Webbrowsers do not display things inside Javascript, they display HTML and Javascript can create and manipulate HTML dynamically (look up DHTML).

So, if you look at the interpreted HTML instead of the original source you see the dynamically generated content. DebugBar is good at this as is _IEDocReadHTML

You cn use

$oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "framename")

$oFrame1 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oFrame, "framename")

beware of cross-domain scripting security... add _IEErrorHandlerRegister and watch for Access Is Denied

Dale

Thats some interesting stuff. I am going to be getting into some GWT testing which is all in Javascript and this is going to be very useful.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]