3.1.0++

jpm

Are you sure ? 

Just tested it with the script i posted in the other thread and it seems to be working now.......

*Boggle* I did the exact same thing, used your script from the previous post to test and it blocked the script during a read operation after the child process had exited.

I wasn't at home when I did the test, I just downloaded the AutoIt 3.1.0.15 installer and the 3.1.0++ ZIP, I wonder if I screwed up my test in some way...

I'll be at the same location later this afternoon, I'll re-grab the "J" ZIP and try again...

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be at the same location later this afternoon, I'll re-grab the "J" ZIP and try again...

I had compiled my test so that I could run it from a command prompt rather than installing SciTE on my test machine, a compiled version using the BIN from the "J" ZIP downloaded today still blocks without displaying the final debug message on Win 98.

If I run AutoIt3.exe and browse to the script file or run the script file from SciTE on Win 98 it works as desired.

Don't know. Could just be something funny about the build. As far as that goes it could be conflict between ConsoleWrite() and the child console redirection... I haven't played with ConsoleWrite() at all, should it write to STDOUT from a compiled EXE?

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

I would like to be able to restore an application residing in system tray, perform action then minimize it. I tried the macro generator and get this:

;--- AutoIt Macro Generator V 0.21 beta ---
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
WinWait("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","Notification Area")
WinWait(" Yankee Clipper III  [Freeware]","pnlOutlook")
ControlClick(" Yankee Clipper III  [Freeware]","pnlOutlook","TDCOutBar1")

;--- End ---

Can anyone help me how to do this I am a real newb, point me in the right direction?

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

• Developers

I had compiled my test so that I could run it from a command prompt rather than installing SciTE on my test machine, a compiled version using the BIN from the "J" ZIP downloaded today still blocks without displaying the final debug message on Win 98.

If I run AutoIt3.exe and browse to the script file or run the script file from SciTE on Win 98 it works as desired.

Don't know.  Could just be something funny about the build. As far as that goes it could be conflict between ConsoleWrite() and the child console redirection... I haven't played with ConsoleWrite() at all, should it write to STDOUT from a compiled EXE?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was indeed running it with Autoit3.exe, but just compiled it with the J version and this works fine too.....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Would a 'pixel find all' function be avaliable soon, if one inquired? If I could friggen figure out how to do multi dimensional arrays in C++ (AutoIT style) then I'd be set.

Also, where can the beta source be found?

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Guest JButton

how can I create such transparent labels ?

I wrote a little program and a label should be visible on a pic. The problem is that the label is in a typical grey-colored box. How can I fix it ?

Slight update

Thanks Holger

20th March 2005 - v3.1.0.15K (unstable)

Added : GuiCtrlSetState on listviewItem with checkbox (By Holger).

Fixed : GuiCtrlRead doc (By holger).

Fixed : GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox default/forced style forced to $BS_AUTOCHECKBOX when needed.

See to of the thread for the download link

Happy testing

I reported that I was receiving an error with ObjGet while GetObject in VBS was working fine:

Trouble with ObjGet in .1.0.15J

I do an ObjCreate followed by an ObjGet.  The ObjGet returns the error 8004013E when used with MindManager.Application

I execute exactly the same code with Excel.Application and it works fine.

The equivalent functions in VBScript work without error:

Set oNew = CreateObject("MindManager.Application")
Set oOld = GetObject("","MindManager.Application")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have some happy, but puzzling news. If I use ObjCreate, even though the application is already up and running, it attaches to the currenently running instance without error (ObjGet still fails as before). This particular application only allows a single instance to run regardless of how you attempt to start it.

So, I am happy that I can now access the application and it's object model at all times, but it is puzzling that ObjGet fails and the corresponding GetObject in VBS works as expected.

Please let me know if you'd like any further information for debugging.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

a slight update from me.

No new production from other dev's perhaps everybody waiting JON

25th March 2005 - v3.1.0.15L (unstable)

Added : Send Doc. precision when running on a remote computer.

Fixed : Tip not showing up after timeout (Thanks Watt).

Fixed : $GUI_EXPAND on GuiCtrlSetState for treeview item (still waiting some Holger info).

AutoIt3-Gui

JP, I've re-uploaded the Enum code. It _should_ be fixed for VC6 so if you don't mind, could you try merging it again.

I have 4 things uploaded:

• Valik - Enum (Fixed).rar - Needs merged.
  • Valik - GUICtrlSetData and TreeViewItem.rar - Added.
  • Valik - IniRenameSection.rar - Needs merged.
  • Valik - Tooltip Upgrade.rar - Added.

JP, is ther any reason you haven't added IniRenameSection from me or have you just not seen it?  It's in the directory with the rest of the stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no reason I was thinking JON was taking care. I Check your new uploads and merge them

stay tune

JP, I've re-uploaded the Enum code.  It _should_ be fixed for VC6 so if you don't mind, could you try merging it again.

I have 4 things uploaded:

• Valik - Enum (Fixed).rar - Needs merged.

• Valik - GUICtrlSetData and TreeViewItem.rar  - Added.

• Valik - IniRenameSection.rar - Needs merged.

• Valik - Tooltip Upgrade.rar - Added.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Valik,

could you check with the latest merge.

I am confused about your upload which is so old file.

I have not included the IniRenameSection due to delivery before official release but for the other part I think I did.

Thanks for your help

JP

JP, I don't understand what you mean.

The Enum archive is a slight update from the previous one. I (hopefully) fixed the error you were getting the first time you attempted to merge the code. The only difference between this upload and the previous one is a few lines were changed that should make it compile cleanly on VC6.

The IniRenameSection archive contains a brand new function not available in any official or unofficial builds. I wrote the function a long time ago before the 3.1.0.15 release, however, the function did not make it before the code freeze and wasn't included. Its not as simple as the other Ini functions I added and needs to go through some testing which is also why it wasn't included.

The other two archives contain code that you've already put in your build. I just renamed them today, thats why they have a new date.

I reported that I was receiving an error with ObjGet while GetObject in VBS was working fine:

I have some happy, but puzzling news.  If I use ObjCreate, even though the application is already up and running, it attaches to the currenently running instance without error (ObjGet still fails as before).  This particular application only allows a single instance to run regardless of how you attempt to start it. 

So, I am happy that I can now access the application and it's object model at all times, but it is puzzling that ObjGet fails and the corresponding GetObject in VBS works as expected.

Please let me know if you'd like any further information for debugging.

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Dale,

Thanks for testing the COM-part of AutoIt.

I don't know how to fix the ObjGet() problem. I tested it on several other programs.

Could you try to build an Error Event Object around the ObjGet() call, just to receive more information about the error it returns?

An Example:

$oErrObj = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc") ; Create an Error Event Object
$YourObject=ObjGet("","YourObjectName")    ; Attempt to open the Object
exit

Func MyErrFunc()
 Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error!" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
 "err.description is: " & $oErrobj.description  & @CRLF & _
 "err.windescription is: " & $oErrobj.windescription & @CRLF & _
 "err.lastdllerror is: "   & $oerrobj.lastdllerror   & @CRLF & _
 "err.scriptline is: "   & $oerrobj.scriptline   & @CRLF & _
 "err.number is: "       & $hex($oerrobj.number,8) & @CRLF & _
 "err.source is: "       & $oerrobj.source       & @CRLF & _
 "err.helpfile is: "       & $oerrobj.helpfile     & @CRLF & _
 "err.helpcontext is: " & $oerrobj.helpcontext _
 )
EndFunc

Regards,

-Sven

JP, I don't understand what you mean.

The Enum archive is a slight update from the previous one.  I (hopefully) fixed the error you were getting the first time you attempted to merge the code.  The only difference between this upload and the previous one is a few lines were changed that should make it compile cleanly on VC6.

The IniRenameSection archive contains a brand new function not available in any official or unofficial builds.  I wrote the function a long time ago before the 3.1.0.15 release, however, the function did not make it before the code freeze and wasn't included.  Its not as simple as the other Ini functions I added and needs to go through some testing which is also why it wasn't included.

The other two archives contain code that you've already put in your build.  I just renamed them today, thats why they have a new date.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand better. I was previously thinking due to the date of the upload everything was updated. I will merge emum an iniRenameSection in the next upload :)

I just upload 3.1.0.15M with Com update from sven, some extension from Valik, some update from Holger

• Fixed : Painting problem with treeview control (By Holger).
  • Added : $GUI_EXPAND on GuiCtrlSetState for treeview item (By Holger).
  • Added : Enum to initialize variables (By Valik)
  • Added : IniRenameSection (By Valik)
  • Added : function parameter conversion routine. If a COM function requires a variable type that AutoIt doesn't support, it will convert it. (currently only implemented for Variant & Boolean types)
  • Added : passing COM Arguments 'ByRef'. Some COM functions requires arguments to be changable.
  • Fixed : some parts in the COM documentation
see begining of the thread for the download