Simple TCP server

Hi!

This is my script for a very simple server.

It works very nice, and it took me about 15 min to make, so it's kinda sloppy... I've cleaned up the code somewhat, but if I've bothered, I could have made it much cleaner...

I know this isn't advanced or anything, but since it's so well commented, if i may say so, I think that it may help out ppl who are new to networking in AutoIt.

global $l_IP                = @IPAddress1           ;  Set the listening IP
global $conned              = False                 ;  set the conned var to false (really no use for this... Used it in an older version. will be removed soon.)
global $ConnectedSocket     = ""

;  =======================================================  ;

TCPStartUp()                                        ;  Starts TCP services

$MainSocket = TCPListen($l_IP, 65432,  100 )        ;  start a listening socket
If $MainSocket = -1 Then Exit                       ;  if a socket can't be created, exit the server

_waitForConn()                                      ;  Start the loop that makes the program look for clients.

func _waitForConn()

While $conned = False                               ;  look for client connection loop
$ConnectedSocket = TCPAccept( $MainSocket)          ;  check if somebody wants to connect

If $ConnectedSocket >= 0 Then                       ;  if a client tries to connect, let him do so.
    beep(500,120)                                   ;  make a beep (for debugging purposes)
    $conned = true                                  ;  set the conned var to true (really no use for this... Used it in an older version. will be removed soon.)
    _iAmConned()                                    ;  start the connected loop.

EndIf
Wend

EndFunc

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

func _iAmConned()

While $conned = True                                ;  if connected, then...
    $pack = TCPRecv($ConnectedSocket,2048)          ;  recive packages...
    if $pack <> "" then _payload($pack)             ;  open them and check if they are empty. If they are NOT empty, run the payload function.
WEnd

EndFunc

func _payload($myPayload)                           ;  starts the payload function.

Switch $myPayload                                   ;  Check the contents of the last recived package.

case "doSomething1"                             ;  If the package contained the message "doSomething1" then
        ; ...                                       ;  Do something
    case "doSomething2"                             ;  If the package contained the message "doSomething2" then
    EndSwitch                                       ;  more can be added...

EndFunc

func _resetConnection()
    TCPCloseSocket ($ConnectedSocket)               ;  Closes the socket
    $ConnectedSocket = -1                           ;  Resets the ConnectedSocket placeholder
    $conned = False                                 ;  set the conned var to false (really no use for this... Used it in an older version. will be removed soon.)
    _waitForConn()                                  ;  go back to the "searching for a connection" function.
    EndFunc

Use it for whatever you want! :)

Credit not needed, but would be nice! =)

Cheers!

- SloppyProgrammer

[center]They say that there is only 10 kinds of people that understand binary code; those who do, and those who don't...[/center][center]Get it? :P[/center]

Removing

;  ======================
was actually something I was thinking about, but when I'm bored, I put in useless crap like that into my scripts, and never take it out... Bad habit I suppose...

:)

- SloppyProgrammer

[center]They say that there is only 10 kinds of people that understand binary code; those who do, and those who don't...[/center][center]Get it? :P[/center]

• 2 years later...

It exits as soon as it is oppened.. :/

twiztedshane,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :oops: (sorry Melba32)

It is preferred that users do not revive (post on) old threads unless you have a significant contribution (and I mean significant).

You can see the "age" of a post right at the begging of it. (Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:03 PM)

Most code posted years ago will not work due to AutoIt revisions.

edit: corrected weird double quote

Edited by spudw2k