What would you do instead of run("wget"...)?

Okay! The upload-scan-to-Joomla app is working almost the way I want it.

The last bit is to execute a script on the web server. It's being done right now with run("wget...") and it's fine, as long as wget() has been installed on the user's computer...

I'd like to make this all-autoit, partly for robustness and partly to not have to install wget, too.

The actual run argument is simple - all I'm doing is telling the web site to run a little php script that copies the scanned document(s) and adds the article(s) to the Joomla database:

runwait("\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe http://example.com/cms/addone.php")

Works fine, but I'm assuming there's a good (better? best?) way in autoit to just "go" to that URL - nothing is written back, so there's no need to look at results.

How would you do it?

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

Search the help file for InetGet( )

Seems to work.

Thanks. I appreciate the pointer, but you need to work on your attitude.

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

Seems to work.

Thanks. I appreciate the pointer, but you need to work on your attitude.

Your welcome. Attitude? sorry if my sentence sound rude, but English is my second language. All I meant to said was InetGet() is what you are looking for and how to use it check the help file.
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

Your welcome. Attitude? sorry if my sentence sound rude, but English is my second language. All I meant to said was InetGet() is what you are looking for and how to use it check the help file.

No problem - I'm not offended, and I didn't mean to be rude in return - and I really do appreciate it. The biggest problem with searching databases is figuring out what the key words should be.

"English" is a terribly complex language with apparently more susceptibility to nuance (in terminology) than others. As a native "english" speaker, I would have written something like this: "I use inetget() for that. Link to doc: http://blahblahblah" Of course, we all know that the built-in "Help" material for the core au3 is very, very well done. I personally think it is as good a piece of documentation as anything and better than most commercial products.

Thanks again.