_WinAPI_DrawLine()

Hi,

I seem to be unable to erase a line drawn with WinAPI_DrawLine(). I am trying to make a line that starts at the mouse's position when the button was pressed, and end at the mouse's current position. The problem is that _WinAPI_RedrawWindow() doesn't erase the line. My code is as follows.

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

While 1
If _IsPressed(11) Then
        $hDC = _WinAPI_GetWindowDC(0) 
        $hPen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 2, 0xFF)
        $obj_orig = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDC, $hPen)

$LineStart = MouseGetPos()

Do
            $LineEnd = MouseGetPos()
            _WinAPI_DrawLine($hDC, $LineStart[0], $LineStart[1], $LineEnd[0], $LineEnd[1]) 
            _WinAPI_RedrawWindow(_WinAPI_GetDesktopWindow(), 0, 0)
            _WinAPI_RedrawWindow(_WinAPI_GetDesktopWindow(), 0, 0, $RDW_ERASE)
            _WinAPI_RedrawWindow(_WinAPI_GetDesktopWindow(), 0, 0, $RDW_INVALIDATE + $RDW_ALLCHILDREN)

_WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hDC, 0, 0)
            _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hDC, 0, 0, $RDW_ERASE)
            _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hDC, 0, 0, $RDW_INVALIDATE + $RDW_ALLCHILDREN)
        Until Not _IsPressed(11)

; refresh desktop (clear cross)
        _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hDC, 0, 0);, $RDW_INVALIDATE + $RDW_ALLCHILDREN)
        ; clear resources
        _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDC, $obj_orig)
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hPen)
        _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC)

EndIf

WEnd

Any help is appreciated,

Zach

Read this function description, it's exposed from gdi32.dll if you know how to use DllCall(). You can use R2_XORPEN to draw using the inverse of the pen color currently selected into the device content. Another easy solution would be to use _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear() to clear a graphic object (hDC in short ~) to the specified color.

Read this function description, it's exposed from gdi32.dll if you know how to use DllCall(). You can use R2_XORPEN to draw using the inverse of the pen color currently selected into the device content. Another easy solution would be to use _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear() to clear a graphic object (hDC in short ~) to the specified color.

I'd like to avoid using the first method if possible, it looks really complicated. Unfortunately, _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear() does seemingly nothing in my program. I don't understand why _WinAPI_RedrawWindow() works in the example script, but not in mine. If you can come up with anything else, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Zach

Because redrawing a window requires a window handle, not a device context. :(

Edit:By the way, very cool graphic stuff. >_<

Okay, I did get _WinAPI_RedrawWindow() to work, but not quite the way I wanted it to. The thing is that a line is drawn with _WinAPI_DrawLine draws a line, when the key is released _WinAPI_RedrawWindow() makes the line invisible. The problem, however, is that when another line is drawn, the old line becomes visible as well.

Any help is appreciated,

Zach