Scroll bars not scrolling

4Eyes

Folks,

I need to open a window that will be greater than 800x600 so will cause problems on some users pc's. In the case that the user does have a smaller than ideal desktop rez I add scrollbars but they don't scroll. If I click on the arrows nothihg happens. Dragging and releasing the slider thingo just returns it to the top or left.

Do I need to include a flag I don't know about or add code to handle this?

Ah, sorry to anybody looking at this. I did some more digging and found that I do in fact need to add a chunk of code. Sheesh back in the Amiga days the o/s (or Intuition actually) handled all this sort of stuff without user intervention. I'd delete this post but dunno how.

Regards,

4Eyes

Edited by 4Eyes

You need also to handle the $WM_VSCROLL and, if necessary, the $WM_HSCROLL events. Another simple way would be to use _GUIScrollBars_Init() passing the handle of the GUI window you wish to add scroll bars functionality to. If you choose to use the former you'll need to make use of the $tagSCROLLBARINFO structure in conjunction with _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfo() and the _GUIScrollBars_ScrollWindow() functions to set the track position as well as scrolling the window content.

Authenticity,

Thanks for your reply. I think I can get it working by referring to the example code for _GUIScrollBars_Init(). As usual I'll say (again), I looked in the help file and some examples from the forum, but when you don't know what you're looking for or looking at it can be a little confusing.

Regards,

4Eyes