Answer messagebox

JoGa

Greetings!

A VB-Script performs excel-automation by executing the excel-macro of a bunch of excel files.

Sometimes the macro causes an error and a messagebox from 'Visual Basic' and 'Windows Script Host' pops up.

Now I want automatically answer these messageboxes and let the app continue processing the next excel-file.

Any hints on how to archive the task of auto-answering a messagebox would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Jo

How do you mean "archive" the task? Do you mean "automate"? I would recommend you check out the AdLibEnable() function, and see if that helps with what you're looking for.

Regards,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I assume Jo is a non native speaker - as I am. I think he means "achieve".

As the window is from another applikation I would write an AutoIT script that waits for the Window to appear, press the required key and then goes into a loop and waits for the next error window.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I assume Jo is a non native speaker - as I am. I think he means "achieve".

As the window is from another applikation I would write an AutoIT script that waits for the Window to appear, press the required key and then goes into a loop and waits for the next error window.

Ah water, thanks for the clarification, achieve would certainly fit what he was trying to relay. What you are saying would work as well. AdLibEnable() just allows you to do other things in your script while you're waiting for those items to pop up.

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• 2 weeks later...