GUI Script Creator

Pandemic

Current Version: 1.1

1.1 Changes:

• Changed the "Ok / Cancel" to "Yes / No"
  • Discovered the "@CurrentDir" function; it now automatically detects what directory it's in every time you run it

---

So between a combination of boredem and wanting to learn AutoIT's GUI side, I decided to make a script creator. Upon thinking about this, it seems to have evolved into a GUI version of AutoIT. Very interesting... xD

<summary>

A GUI window pops you, you tell it what to do, it automatically writes the AutoIT code to another file, which is then compiled into an executable (all automated).

</summary>

Future features:

• All of the special keys
  • Ability to choice whether or not you want the source code deleted
  • A "winWaitActive" button
  • A button that starts a timer, that when expired, logs the position of a mouse (in my attempt to move ever further away from hotkeys)
  • An option to not convert the code to an executable file when completed

Little bugs that I'll fix tomorrow:

• Help file is neccissary

Known problems:

• If you hit "Yes" at the "Create another script" dialogue, it creates a second GUI (anybody got a fix for this? Would $GUI_CLOSE (dunno the exact thing off the top of my head) work?)

Sorry if this seems a bit like spaghetti code; I tried, and personally don't think it looks too bad. Comments galore, to make up for it >_<. I should take a day and just try to make it look pretty :(.

If you download it, please leave a comment; good, bad, rating, usefulness, what I can improve, bugs, ect...

IMPORTANT: Copy the "Aut2Exe" file to the root directory (of these files), or this script will die. In a fire. A really, really big fire. No joke.

(or you can just comment out the parts that actually convert it to an exe. ...Now that I'm typing this out, I'm going to add that to the Future Features list...)

-Pandemic

Script Creator.zip

Edited by Pandemic

• 3 months later...

Current Version: 1.1

1.1 Changes:

• Changed the "Ok / Cancel" to "Yes / No"
  • Discovered the "@CurrentDir" function; it now automatically detects what directory it's in every time you run it

---

So between a combination of boredem and wanting to learn AutoIT's GUI side, I decided to make a script creator. Upon thinking about this, it seems to have evolved into a GUI version of AutoIT. Very interesting... xD

<summary>

A GUI window pops you, you tell it what to do, it automatically writes the AutoIT code to another file, which is then compiled into an executable (all automated).

</summary>

Future features:

• All of the special keys
  • Ability to choice whether or not you want the source code deleted
  • A "winWaitActive" button
  • A button that starts a timer, that when expired, logs the position of a mouse (in my attempt to move ever further away from hotkeys)
  • An option to not convert the code to an executable file when completed

Little bugs that I'll fix tomorrow:

• Help file is neccissary

Known problems:

• If you hit "Yes" at the "Create another script" dialogue, it creates a second GUI (anybody got a fix for this? Would $GUI_CLOSE (dunno the exact thing off the top of my head) work?)

Sorry if this seems a bit like spaghetti code; I tried, and personally don't think it looks too bad. Comments galore, to make up for it :). I should take a day and just try to make it look pretty ;).

If you download it, please leave a comment; good, bad, rating, usefulness, what I can improve, bugs, ect...

IMPORTANT: Copy the "Aut2Exe" file to the root directory (of these files), or this script will die. In a fire. A really, really big fire. No joke.

(or you can just comment out the parts that actually convert it to an exe. ...Now that I'm typing this out, I'm going to add that to the Future Features list...)

-Pandemic

Hey this is really cool,well done. Just trying it out. One thing - the first time it starts up it asks

for the current directly!! instead of Directory