Can WinActive work during an AT job

I created a real simple Autoit script that does the usual press certain keys when a certain window is active. And when running it manually it works perfectly. However, when I try to run the same program remotely with the AT command scheduler (Windows XP) it does not work. Is there a way to make this script work during an AT job?

Need to show the script.

Does Autoit work when called from AT? Yes.

Your script? No.

Show us the scripts and we can help find the issue.

Not sure what you just said makes much sense at all... if his script works manually, then why would calling it remotely change the way it works? I would guess that he's just calling it incorrectly so it doesn't know what to do, and does nothing at all instead.

Just my initial thoughts. Now if the script is making the AT connection itself, and is then trying to do some remote "AutoIt" commands, then we may need to see the script and such...It's just dependent on what's going on.

MeanGene, It could be helpful if you supplied the code you're trying to execute, and how you're attempting to execute that code.

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

if his script works manually, then why would calling it remotely change the way it works? I would guess that he's just calling it incorrectly so it doesn't know what to do, and does nothing at all instead.

Well it could very well make sense if this is interacting with active windows, as maybe the same window is not active at that time.

EDIT: Re reading the OP, I see your point. I was thinking the script interacted with a window when called, but he clearly states it is waiting for a window, so your assessment is correct.

Edited by danwilli

Well it could very well make sense if this is interacting with active windows, as maybe the same window is not active at that time.

Point made. >_<

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)