IE Object... No sound x64 [SOLVED]

I am using the IE udf to enclose an Ajax chat into my program... The sound does not work inside chat when doing this for some reason...

Func Chat()
    $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()
    $ChatForm = GUICreate("X Chat", 800, 650, -1, -1, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)
    $GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, 800, 600)
    $PCInfo = GUICtrlCreateButton("Send PC Info", 5, 603, 105, 41, $WS_GROUP)
    $SendShot = GUICtrlCreateButton("Send Screenshot", 120, 603, 105, 41, $WS_GROUP)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($SendShot,"DoScreenshot")
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($PCInfo,"SendInfo")
    _IENavigate ($oIE, "http://chat.ecobytes.net/",1)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$ChatForm)
    GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "ChatClose")
EndFunc
Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

Can you provide a reproducer with a site that does not require registration? I don't know what that site is and since I don't have an account and can't see the chat component and you provide no inforamtion about it I cannot help.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Can you provide a reproducer with a site that does not require registration? I don't know what that site is and since I don't have an account and can't see the chat component and you provide no inforamtion about it I cannot help.

Dale

Well, I figured this might be a more generalized error.

Here is the source for the chat. They have an identical copy of chat to the other URL listed in the first post.

http://chat.ecobytes.net/ <--- just throw that in the _IENav and watch the sounds die... x.x

Edit: I even edited my first post so that you can (mostly) copy & Paste.

Edited by BinaryBrother

That requires registration as well.

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Ok, I can get in now,please provide step by step instructions. I hear no sounds using your app or going there directly. I'll try to help, but I have no desire to be an expert with whatever application this is. Please make it easier.

Dale

1a.) Visit the following URL using IE or FireFox. (- http://chat.ecobytes.net/ -)

1b.) Login with any username and no password.

1c.) When messages are posted and when people login, or logout... There are sounds. Notification type sounds.

2a.) Now use _IECreateEmbedded() in any basic way to embed that site into a GUI.

2b.) Login with any username and no password.

2c.) Notice that there are no notification sounds.

If you visited using IE or FF, and failed to hear any sounds... That is issue is isolated to you. As sound works with basically everyone else.

If you visit that website using _IECreateEmbedded() and you do not hear sounds, that issue is not isolated to you... It is apparent in multiple instances, separate computers, on different operating systems, with people in different countries around the world...

The only way I could have been more specific from my first post was to mention that by "Sounds" I mean notification sounds when someone says something (or even when you say something) and when people login or out of chat.

It has nothing to do with my code. (I don't think). It is an issue with _IECreateEmbedded(). (I think)

Edited by BinaryBrother

*Bumberz*

What happened Dale? Once I finally gave enough description, you abandoned me! >_<

if you can't get sound manually, how do you expect it to work automatically?

Tried manual using FF, Ie and Chrome, didn't work, won't bother with automation. Fix it for maual first

Ivan... I'm not a dumb-ass... It works perfect... I don't know why you can't get simple sound to work on your computer... But I guess I'm going to have to make 3 different videos on 3 different OS's to prove it works... You are doing something wrong somewhere, end of story...

This Ajax chat is not mine, it is widely used among SMF forum websites. There is nothing wrong with it...

This is a Video WITH Audio, showing that it works on Windows 7 (7600 RTM) x64

(Using FF 3.5.2 And IE8)

http://www.binarybrother.com/AutoIt/Video1/capture-2.html

Fresh Install of WinXP SP3 x32 in a VM to prove it works... (Again... Fresh install of IE6 and FF 3.5.2)

http://www.binarybrother.com/AutoIt/Video2/capture-2.html

Fresh install of Win7 (7600 RTM) x32 in a VM to prove it works...

(I don't have the memory, nor time to prove it works in FF in this particular VM... Enough has already been said...)

(Sound does work, it has some extreme lag because my RAM is maxed out...)

http://www.BinaryBrother.com/AutoIt/Video3/Untitled.html

Fresh install of Google Chrome (2.0.172.39) Sound works as well... (Win7x64)

http://www.BinaryBrother.com/AutoIt/Video4/chrome.html

I tested on FRESH OS installs using FireFox 3.5.2, as well as IE6, IE8 and Chrome, and it worked... So what are you doing wrong?

FireFox prompts you to install flash, surely to God your not overlooking that...

Edited by BinaryBrother

I see what's happening.

I logged in with Opera 9.64 and had sound.

I logged in with IE 8 and had sound.

I logged in with AutoIt 3.3.0.0 (x86) and had sound.

I logged in with AutoIt 3.3.0.0 (x64) and NO sound.

I don't know why this happens but the solution seems simple to me, just use x86 for this script. Or is there a reason you are running x64?

@AdmiralAlkex

You are a life saver... >_<

I'll have to redo a bunch of my regchecks to compensate for 32-64 bit differences in the hive locations, due to that registry redirect stuff...

(That's why I am using 2 different builds)

[ANSWER]

Of course sound isn't going to work in an environment that requires flash when flash is not installed. In most cases, flash will be installed inside the 32Bit version of IE, but since Adobe has not released a 64Bit flash player, a 64Bit compiled script using the _IE() Functions will not utilize flash.

Edited by BinaryBrother

@AdmiralAlkex

You are a life saver... :(

I'll have to redo a bunch of my regchecks to compensate for 32-64 bit differences in the hive locations, due to that registry redirect stuff...

(That's why I am using 2 different builds)

That's even easier to fix. Upgrade to Win7, it doesn't do any registry reflection >_< (although it still do shared and redirection, but it's the reflection that is the annoying part IMHO (see here))

I'm actually running Windows 7 right now, and it still does the reflection stuff... x.x

Let me give you an example script, that will not work on the wrong architecture....

$CPU = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "ProcessorNameString")
    $VideoCard = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winsat", "PrimaryAdapterString")
    $Mhz = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "~MHz")
    $MoboMan = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS","BaseBoardManufacturer")
    $MoboVer = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS","BaseBoardProduct")

I just need to replace HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE with HKLM64 for @OSArch = "x64", right?

I am not really sure anymore >_< . The only thing that didn't work in that script where $VideoCard which was empty (in x86) :(, but that shouldn't happen.... Should it? :(

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

All is good... Here is the new layout. >_<

If @OSArch = "x64" Then
     $CPU = RegRead("HKLM64\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "ProcessorNameString")
     $VideoCard = RegRead("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winsat", "PrimaryAdapterString")
     $Mhz = RegRead("HKLM64\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "~MHz")
     $MoboMan = RegRead("HKLM64\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS", "BaseBoardManufacturer")
     $MoboVer = RegRead("HKLM64\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS", "BaseBoardProduct")
Else
     $CPU = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "ProcessorNameString")
     $VideoCard = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winsat", "PrimaryAdapterString")
     $Mhz = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "~MHz")
     $MoboMan = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS", "BaseBoardManufacturer")
     $MoboVer = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS", "BaseBoardProduct")
EndIf

I don't know exactly how everything works, so even though those keys without the 64 redirect seem to work on normal systems, I went ahead and just double-verified that the right RegKey is being read anyway... :(

I know it's a little extra code, but better safe than sorry... x.x :(