Memory reading help

alright, so ive search the forums for a bit and couldn't find a solution. heres my problem,

im creating an application that reads memory address and such from a game. by using cheat engine to scan for values, i get things like this,

Posted Image

now when i use "0x30477318" i have no problems. but i need to use the original address that cheat engine determines which is "Game.dll+557318". I've tried using the method posted with _MemoryModuleGetBaseAddress, but that doesn't seem to work. here is a snippet of the code im using,

$iPID = ProcessExists("SomeGame.bin")
$sModule = "Game.dll"
$StaticOffset = Dec("557318")
$dllbase = _MemoryModuleGetBaseAddress($iPID, $sModule) + $StaticOffset
If $dllbase = @error Then
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($Edit1,@CRLF & "" & "Failed to get memory module" & @CR)
Else
_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($Edit1,@CRLF & "" & "Memory DLL Base Is:" & $dllbase & @CR)
EndIf

this returns a value of "5600024" which im pretty sure is not what im looking for.

if anyone can give me any insight on this i would be extremely grateful.

Edited by hounder

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78834&st=0&p=568869&#entry568869

try to look here

this method seems to work with an exe, but not dll's. as i stated in my first post ive already tried the second method for dll's posted in that thread, but it doesnt seem to work.

this method seems to work with an exe, but not dll's. as i stated in my first post ive already tried the second method for dll's posted in that thread, but it doesnt seem to work.

Hey man.

Without knowing the game, or having it to test off of. This should work:

$iPID = ProcessExists("SomeGame.bin") ; You really have a process called "XXX .BIN" ?
;Make sure the PID isn't 0. If it is 0, that's your problem

$StaticOffset = Dec("557318") ; Good

$dllbase = _MemoryModuleGetBaseAddress($iPID, "Game.dll") ; Just get the address here...

MsgBox(0, "", $dllbase) ; Does this say anything? if so, this function is working right

; if memory serves, $dllbase is an int. We convert it to an address by adding '0x' and the int dllbase and the int staticoffset
$dllbase = "0x" & Hex($dllbase + $StaticOffset)

; Voala? Hopefully...
MsgBox(0, "", $dllbase)

You may also want to look at my pointer AU3/CE converter. Writes all this code for you=)

Szh

Hey man.

Without knowing the game, or having it to test off of. This should work:

$iPID = ProcessExists("SomeGame.bin") ; You really have a process called "XXX .BIN" ?
;Make sure the PID isn't 0. If it is 0, that's your problem

$StaticOffset = Dec("557318") ; Good

$dllbase = _MemoryModuleGetBaseAddress($iPID, "Game.dll") ; Just get the address here...

MsgBox(0, "", $dllbase) ; Does this say anything? if so, this function is working right

; if memory serves, $dllbase is an int. We convert it to an address by adding '0x' and the int dllbase and the int staticoffset
$dllbase = "0x" & Hex($dllbase + $StaticOffset)

; Voala? Hopefully...
MsgBox(0, "", $dllbase)

You may also want to look at my pointer AU3/CE converter. Writes all this code for you=)

Szh

ive just tried this and im not sure its working correctly. the first value i get from $dllbase is 0, and after converting it into an address it returns 0x00557318. these are the same return values ive been getting after trying all the other methods listed on these forums. the $iPID isnt returning as 0 either, so im not sure what the problem is. unfortunately i cannot retrieve any pointers for this game since its protected (the proccess shuts down when attempting to debug, scan or dissamble).

and yes, the extension for the process is .bin

Posted Image

Edited by hounder

• 2 weeks later...