MSN Status Countdown

Vegar

Hello..

I wanted to make a countdown in my Windows Live Messenger Status (WLM/MSN) (v. 14.0.8...)

And in the first place i just need to know how to send the text witch changes the text in the statusbar..

i've search a litlebit in the forum, but did not find any method that worked..

anyone have any idèa?

Thnx >_<

Edited by Vegar

You don't need a specific handle. If the status bar is microsoft's generic msctls_statusbar32 control, you can use ControlGetHandle("WindowText", "", "[CLASS:msctls_statusbar32; Instance:1]") or something to get a handle to the control. Otherwise, it's a user defined control in disguise.

No, dont think it is: msctls_statusbar32 witch is the right one...

only way i found a class for the statusbar is if if i have the WLM window up and hit "Tools" on the toolbar ... there i could get a class over the statusbar (RICHEDIT60W) , is this helpfull in any way?

So it's not a status bar control. You'll need to search the Example Scripts forum for a rich edit library because AutoIt's default UDF library does not contain any library for rich edit controls. One problem that you'll need to deal with, which is transparent to you if you've used the _GUICtrl* functions, is to allocate memory on the process you want to automate and send it a WM_GETTEXT message. You can look how it gets implemented in one of the _GUICtrl* functions, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText() is one example.

Edit: Moi mistake. You won't need this level of complication. Use ControlGetText("Window Text", "", "[CLASS:RICHEDIT60W; INSTANCE:1]")

Edited by Authenticity

Ok,

I did manage to get the text and set a new text, (ControlGetText/ControlSetText)

But now i have to have the Window oppen that i open via Tools on the toolbar in the WLM window ... how can i ControlSetText without having this window open? >_<

Seems like this dialog is recreated every time you click the Tools menu item (or button...). You can't read the value of a non existing control. What you can do, is to watch how the application maintain the content of this control. If the dialog does exist throughout the application lifetime you could match it as demonstrated, but I suspect that this is not the case.

I guess that it's something specific to Winapi to MSN messaging... I don't see the connection.

Can you explain the purpose of this text field you're interested in? You can use WinSpector or Spy++ to log a wide range of messages posted to/from the window/control.

Edited by Authenticity

ok, the thing i want to make is a countdown witch says for example "3 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 7 Hours, 21 Minuttes"

its the countdown for when i can take the driverslicence ( again >_< )

yeah, maybe i'l try som WinSpectoring and se if i can find something i can use

Edited by Vegar