Not able to run the same script on different machines

Hi,

I have written a object based recorder script which is used to automate applications and specifically helpful in test automations. The script works like this,

- Run the recorder and capture your actions

- At the end the tool generates a autoit script and compiles it and produces an EXE

- Then we can run the .exe and and playback the recorded actions

The issue is that I am able to run the script (all the above steps) on my machine properly which is XP with IE7, but I am not able to run it on other machines. The compiled EXE produced by the recorder fails with "Line -1 variable.." error. If I copy the EXE which was compiled on the different machine by the recorder and run it on my machine then also the same error occurs. So the recording part is working fine but the script compilation and execution is not working on other machines.

Please help me with your suggestions to solve this issue. I am not enclosing the source code coz I have seen previously in the forum advisories against this particular class of tools. I will share it if you guys need it ascertain the issue.

Once again my sincere thanks to this forum for being such an active community and helping out each other. The tutorials and answers to other posts have been tremendously helpful

A good suggestion by athiwatc..

Again all this is shooting in the air, unless the real script is in front of our eyes..

I suggest you try to solve it, but if u r stuck, I'd be glad to help you.. But you'll have to share the script with me then..

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

yes sure u can, my friend.. pm it to me

Edited by Manjish
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com