read date and time of recording of the dvd

You could read the date and time of a file in the dvd by using FileGetTime()..

Don't forget to include <File.au3>

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

Definitely not. You are not willing to try by yourself, so what makes you think I could be bothered to help?

If you want someone to write it for you, there is RentACoder.

Cheers,

Brett

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I do not know where to begin

I figured that someone here could help me with this script

I know here are very skilled users for that.

again I apologize for the inconvenience and for my bad English

We on the autoit forum don't help those who don't help themselves. I myself don't see why Manjish's idea wouldn't work.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

@hawkwing

I too am un sure why this guy says that my idea won't work.. I tried this out.. It works.. I mean if somebody doesn't even try out a solution, how can he dismiss it entirely.. I have lost total interest in helping this guy!! >_< And I guess, I am not the only 1!! :(

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

not had success when using FileGetTime ...

my dvd was taped on 21/08/2009 and the file was recorded 14/08/2009.

the date is not in sync.

so I told the q FileGetTime not work.

I don't believe (someone correct me if i'm wrong) any sort of Date/Time stamp is created when a disc is burned, be it DVD/CD/BD. The best that can be determined is the date/time stamp of the files, which obviously can be manipulated/modified by burning software.
Spoiler

Things I've Made: Always On Top Tool ◊ AU History ◊ Deck of Cards ◊ HideIt ◊ ICU ◊ Icon Freezer ◊ Ipod Ejector ◊ Junos Configuration Explorer ◊ Link Downloader ◊ MD5 Folder Enumerator ◊ PassGen ◊ Ping Tool ◊ Quick NIC ◊ Read OCR ◊ RemoteIT ◊ SchTasksGui ◊ SpyCam ◊ System Scan Report Tool ◊ System UpTime ◊ Transparency Machine ◊ VMWare ESX Builder
Misc Code Snippets: ADODB Example ◊ CheckHover ◊ Detect SafeMode ◊ DynEnumArray ◊ GetNetStatData ◊ HashArray ◊ IsBetweenDates ◊ Local Admins ◊ Make Choice ◊ Recursive File List ◊ Remove Sizebox Style ◊ Retrieve PNPDeviceID ◊ Retreive SysListView32 Contents ◊ Set IE Homepage ◊ Tickle Expired Password ◊ Transpose Array
Projects: Drive Space Usage GUI ◊ LEDkIT ◊ Plasma_kIt ◊ Scan Engine Builder ◊ SpeeDBurner ◊ SubnetCalc
Cool Stuff: AutoItObject UDF â—Š Extract Icon From Proc â—Š GuiCtrlFontRotate â—Š Hex Edit Funcs â—Š Run binary â—Š Service_UDF

BrettF thanks for attention

DriveGetSerial () returns me the volume serial dvd

search by physical disk serial ...

this would be an alternative.

so I was looking for a mode of reading the date of recording.

the volume serial can only be verified after the record already recorded.

thus can not use it as potecao on my record.

if anyone knows a way to change the volume serial before burning the disc

this solves my problem

Edited by Oraculo