HKTunes

FuryCell

This script allows you to control iTunes using global hotkeys. For example, you could change the track and music volume while playing a game. It has a tray menu and a GUI to let you select hotkeys. Much thanks to Rob Saunders for his _ChooseHotKey UDF.

Posted Image

Edit:This script can now be downloaded on its homepage at http://code.google.com/p/ihk/

Edited by P5ych0Gigabyte
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

thats great. I don't use iTunes but I know that many that do who will benefit from this >_

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

thats great. I don't use iTunes but I know that many that do who will benefit from this >_<

Thanks for the reply. Your lucky you don't use iTunes. A lot of other programs have this feature built in. I'm stuck with iTunes however for it has the best iPod support.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

I am trying to avoid getting a ipod. I would rather something simple like a Creative MuVo and Winamp.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

iTunes should come featured with these hotkeys. You'd think after 8 major upgrades they would. Apple are stupid like that though.

iTunes has them but only when the window has focus which is kind of stupid. Also iTunes still dosent use aero effects when it open and closes.

Great program but theres an iTunes addon which is just a dll file that allows media keys to control iTunes when its not the focus window. So its great if you have a media keyboard and the site I found it is http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=7965

Great program but theres an iTunes addon which is just a dll file that allows media keys to control iTunes when its not the focus window. So its great if you have a media keyboard and the site I found it is http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=7965

Thanks I'm gonna check out that plugin.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated To V1.0.2

Now autoupdates and fixed a bug where hotkeys were gone if cancel was pressed.

Download at http://code.google.com/p/ihk/

Edited by P5ych0Gigabyte

• 2 weeks later...

Project name changed to HKTunes. Also now features an installer created with InnoSetup. Get it at http://hktunes.googlecode.com

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to V1.6. Fixed a bug in the GUI that caused a mix up of the hotkeys for Previous Track And Next Track.Get it at http://hktunes.googlecode.com

• 1 month later...

Updated to V1.7. Fixed a bug with chosing to disable certain hotkeys .Get it at http://hktunes.googlecode.com

Edited by P5ych0Gigabyte

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great piece of software, feels very light and responsive.

With this I'm able to bind iTunes commands to my wacom...

Thanks!!

Glad you like the app. =)

I'm curious how you used it to bind to wacom though? Care to elaborate?

Edited by FuryCell

• 2 months later...

Glad you like the app. =)

I'm curious how you used it to bind to wacom though? Care to elaborate?

I used the Wacom control panel to map the wacom buttons to CTRL+ F8 trough F12 and then hktunes config for CTRL+F8 -> next track etc. ;). I can use the scroll wheel for volume which is pretty neat...

Btw iTunes 10 was just released but HKTunes seems to still work!

I used the Wacom control panel to map the wacom buttons to CTRL+ F8 trough F12 and then hktunes config for CTRL+F8 -> next track etc. ;). I can use the scroll wheel for volume which is pretty neat...

Btw iTunes 10 was just released but HKTunes seems to still work!

Very cool. I'm not suprised it works with iTunes 10 but I still can't believe apple didn't put this feature in yet. It's a no-brainer.

Edited by FuryCell

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very cool solution which brings me out of the desaster Apple brought with iTunes! Spend some money!

Thanks a million for the donation. you just bought me a nice meal. :mellow: