Hotkey Conflicts

Hi,

I'm trying to run 2 identical scripts, both have the same pause hotkey function "Pause".

I made a main script which runs these 2 scripts, also with the same hotkey function.

Is there a way to make it so all the scripts pause when pause is pressed?

I tried using the control send feature, which will send it straight to the script, but i can't find the title or handle of the other 2 scripts.

Or if anyone knows another way to get my other scripts paused with one button?

Thanks

Yeah I thought about that, but the problem was if I added more identical scripts (Which I intend to do later), I will be using alot of different keys for the pause button, and that will affect other things I do on my PC. Since it wouldn't be using controlsend.

Then it is important that you find a solution to make the scripts communicate. I believe there are no (or no proper) libraries to do this.

Some recommendations:

- Use file or registry writing in a fixed location. All other scripts monitor this file or reg value.

- Use TCP connections, make scripts connect to eachother.

In either case:

- Make one script the "boss" (script that is started first) which controls the other scripts.

Not sure if that would work in my case.

But anyway my problems been solved now =D Did a wider search and found this topic.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85460&st=0&p=612928&hl=hotkey%20for%202%20functions&fromsearch=1&#entry612928

martin suggested to use _IsPressed, and it works nicely for me. I just had to include a adlib function in each of the other scripts.